HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          McClain still on our radar?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
McClain still on our radar?
Posted by: Doug ()
Date: December 07, 2009 06:28AM

I just read a post on another site stating that with his performance this weekend in the SEC Title game, McClain may have just played his way out of our range. Unfortunately, i believe this to be true. Hoping he'd last until the latter part of the 1st rd, i now think he will be possibly a top 15 pick, and (though unlikely) even top 10.

Personally, when you see someone with the measurables of McClain (6-4 260) with the power and instinctive football he displayed on Sat., you do everything you can to grab him. this guy is going to be a monster.

my question: with our major defensive need at LB (notably Inside) and R McClain on our radar, do you trade up to select him? Is R McClain worth multiple picks, and do you pull the trigger to grab him? To what asking price?

Opinions?

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McClain still on our radar?
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:02AM

I know I have some PSU bias, but Sean Lee is a beast. Big guy with a bigger motor...

Would be a nice 2nd round pickup if we couldn't get our hands on a top prospect.

Plus Parcells likes these Big 10 guys.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:27AM

Not a big college guy here so I cant say one way or another if he's worth moving up for but this regime seems to covet picks, so unless it's a minor trade with some late round picks I cant see them doing it. We have too many holes to fill so I dont think I'd want em to either.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:53AM

Historically there have been some good ILB's available in later rounds, so I'm not sure we'd be willing to do something drastic to get McClain. I say we start a rumor about steroids and see if we can knock him down a few spots drinking smiley

Date: December 07, 2009 08:03AM

i understand this regime doesn't like dealing picks, but this guy looks like he could be the second coming of Ray Lewis (6'1" 250), hopefully without the baggage/MURDER. Tendency or not, you do what you have to do to get those types of players. 6-4 255+ with an unstoppable motor... it's a Parcells' wet dream come true...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 07, 2009 08:17AM

I like him! But reportedly he runs a 4.6 40 at 6-4 and 255??? He'll be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick if he can produce these numbers at the combine.

Wishful thinking, IMO!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 07, 2009 12:55PM

McClain is a future Hall of Famer at Inside Linebacker. This guy is the next generation with Pat Willis as the 2 great linebackers.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 07, 2009 01:53PM

the question remains, do you trade the farm for him? are we a few quality f/a (wr, te) and a STUD ilb away from making the next jump?

i say do it... send them whoever they want, short of Henne, RW, Long, Smith, and Davis... i feel a Ditka moment coming on, but if need be send draft picks for him too. Hell, i would hope our 1st, 3rd, next years 2nd and Ronnie Brown would do it, throw in Ginn, whoever ...

We need to find another running back who can perform in the wildcat. and unlike the majority of you, i havent given up on pat white. get the guy in training camp, in the gym, a nutritionist to put on some muscle, and we may not even need ronnie. oh yeah, teach White how to slide/avoid the hit.

hell, if he's still on the team Ronnie's only playing probably 10-12 games next year anyways (because he gets banged up)...

Date: December 07, 2009 01:58PM

I bet the Raiders would take Ginn straight up for their pick.

---------------------

Date: December 07, 2009 02:00PM

Seriously though, Im not sure we should trade away alot to move up. For the simple fact, ILB is not our only need. If it was our one and only *major* need, then I would say go ahead.

I think our best chance is to hope that he has a bad pro day and combine.

---------------------

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 09, 2009 05:58AM

TAYLOR MAYS is the guy who's fallen into our late round range with mediocre SR year preformance.

McClain is out of our range. SPIKES maybe sitting there early-mid 2nd round and worthy of trading up.

IMHO of course

Date: December 09, 2009 06:29AM

But Mays has become *VERY* suspect in the passing game. Is that something we need?

---------------------

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 09, 2009 07:07AM

Mays is a big hitter. We already have two hitters in bell and g.wilson. We are actally playing to SS. We need a ball hawk since gibril is trying to come up to much to lay the wood and keeps getting beat deep.

Date: December 09, 2009 07:34AM

Eric Berry would be ideal. But he will be loooooong gone by the time we pick.

---------------------

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 09, 2009 08:36AM

> I bet the Raiders would take Ginn straight up for their pick.

If that is true you'll see it happen. Raiders do go for speed over anything else, but they usually do that before any proving or unproving has been done in the NFL arena.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 09, 2009 11:11AM

BERRY long gone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.