HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Parcells to Cleveland?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Parcells to Cleveland?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 22, 2009 10:45AM

Rumors have already started up in Cleveland. According to the Cleveland Plain....the Browns are trying everything to get the Tuna.

Hopefully he stays with us.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parcells to Cleveland?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 22, 2009 11:16AM

why would he go to that crap city? he likes the warm weather and to golf, cleve has neither. he's not going there

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 22, 2009 11:18AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 22, 2009 11:49AM

I think you guys are exactly right. I just think the *rumor* season has officially started, if ya know what I mean.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 22, 2009 12:03PM

$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 22, 2009 12:17PM

he could get that $$$$$$$$$ from tampa or any other team. he ain't going to cleveland. I actually think he stays and finishes out his contract with us--he's got a good thing going, he's got his handpicked buddies running the show, and he can do as much or as little as he likes. if he left he'd have to do actual work and start from scratch.

Date: November 22, 2009 01:34PM

Date: November 22, 2009 03:39PM

I don't think he goes to Cleveland either, but Parcells is a money whore. And if Lerner gave him a boatload of money and a stake in the team, Parcells is leaving. A stake in the team is an endless suply of money that will last him a lifetime. Remember, the job Parcells has he can do from his house in Florida. He doesn't need to be in Cleveland except for maybe Draft time for a few weeks and all.

Parcells is just hiring a GM and Coach and overseeing things. And with the internet age and computers and all, Parcells can do that job in another state and just drop in every now and then.

Date: November 22, 2009 04:48PM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 23, 2009 11:05AM

I dont see it. He lives in Johnathans Landing in Jupiter FL. I have a friend who has done work at his home there. He loves the weather and Golf. I say he stays in Miami.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 24, 2009 09:58AM

He wont stick around forever but I would like to see him around for at least 1 more off-season. It's hard to say who's more responsible (him or Ireland) for the last 2 good offseasons but one thing is for sure, and that is that the 2 of them together has been pretty stellar. If Ross is serious about winning he should get out his checkbook and make him and his boys an offer they cant refuse to stick around and see this thing thru.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 25, 2009 07:18AM

Anything is possible, but i don't see it happening. Why?

1. He isn't done in Miami in terms of being remembered as a winner

2. Miami has potential to be very good, he is paid well, and is near the golf and environment he likes.

Why he might go:

1. If he goes I'd see Tampa as more likely.

2. Not sure how he feels about losing his owner, & if he likes Ross

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 25, 2009 09:16AM

Parcells didn't do much to really cement his legacy as a winner in New York or Dallas either.

Both of those programs never took the final steps with him and he was only sightly better in New England.

The real problem with Parcells is that he never sticks around long enough to get the teams he works for all the way to where they need to be...let's hope he does the job all the way here.

Date: November 25, 2009 11:02AM

Parcells had the Jets int he AFC Championship game with a lead at halftime. And he took over a 1-15 team and got them on the door-step. That is cementing a legacy in my book.

Dallas is another story. Romo can't handle an extra point/FG attempt snap...not Bill's fault

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.