HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          fan pressure....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
fan pressure....
Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 12, 2009 04:27PM

I find it interesting that sports writers are taking the fans pleas to the coaches and the coaches are having to come up with answers.

Things have changed in this internet world.

The explanations about Wake and Turner and their playing time is a direct result of the discussions we have had and similar discussions on other fan boards.

And I don't like the explanations.

I get that Cameron Wake is an incomplete OLB. I believe and accept that he has to improve things in his game. BUT...the same applies to the guys getting the majority of the snaps.

What did Porter do last week that was crucial? What did he do that prevented the close loss from being a bigger loss? NADA!!!!! ZERO!!!

The idea that Wake is so raw that we are better off with Porter is a position based on fear and not reality. eE need to see Wake on the field in non-passing downs to see how poorly he would play. They haven't given him enough opportunity to be a liability in the run game.... It isn't like Porter is GREAT against the run and weak against the pass and the two guys are each other's counter parts.

Porter had NO TACKLES!!! How much worse would Wake be? 'nuthin from nuthin leaves nuthin! What? Is he going to start blocking for the runner and make things worse? Porter has 1 pass defended ALL SEASON. Wake can't do that? Play for several hundred snaps and make 10 tackles and defend 1 pass?

There is no VALID reason NOT to give Wake more playing time since the starter is doing NOTHING!!!!!

Same thing with Turner. Bess has a high 1st down rate ...when he's open! Camarillo has a great catch percentage....when he gets open!! These stats are MISLEADING!!!!!!!!! They speak to Henne's ACCURACY!! Of Henne's 23 sacks, I would say 3-4 are on him for walking in or holding on to the ball when he could have thrown it away. 4-5 are a mix of OL/DL blitz/block success. A LOT of them ( and some are to be expected) are because he isn't going to squeeze a ball into a tight window, especially when the Defender has a favorable size match-up.

Now if you put Turner in there...maybe he won't be as open in terms of the x & y axis ( filed position)...but at 6'5" he is going to ALWAYS be open on the z axis.

At 6'5", we can assume his head and neck aren't abnormal, therefore the added height is at shoulder level. MEANING that his arm span begins 6-7" above the shoulders of most defenders. Those arms are also 2" longer than the other guy, with bigger hands. So even if the DB is beside him...a jump ball is a safe throw for a QB.

What if ACCURATE Henne feels more comfortable throwing the jump ball to the outside or in the middle to his 6'5" target and avoids a few sacks? What would Turner's completion percentage be? What would his 1st down conversion rate be?

IMO, I would find a way to activate 5 wr's. BUT, if they are dead set against it...let Ginn return Punts and sit Bess one week. See if it helps him focus on catching the ball. But I would activate 5 WR's.

I am glad our voices are getting heard...but I don't want misdirection...give Wake and Turner some PT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fan pressure....
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 12, 2009 04:35PM

I agree. It's time to see Wake and Turner. I've been thinking about it. If Turner can catch and run decent routes, he could become our #1 WR this year. #1 WRs are usually BIG.

I'd also like to see Pat White in with Henne as a slot WR. It give us multiple options.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 04:36PM by montequi.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 12, 2009 04:45PM

Thats the problem though, He cant catch and he cant run routes.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 12, 2009 04:46PM

If Turner was doing that in practice he would be getting some playing time.

Yes, Wake is incomplete but he is atleast showing enough to get some playing time.

Turner is not. Why do you people insist on him playing when he is not one of our top 5 guys?

---------------------

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 12, 2009 05:04PM

I guess we won't really know if he is one of our top 5 guys unless we actually play him. Saban never played Bell apparently because he wasn't one of our top guys in practice, and then once he finally did they couldn't take him out and he's our top S today.

How much worse can Turner be than any of the scrubs we trot out there now?

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 12, 2009 07:08PM

I did a topic on this with a poll about a week ago. Wake and Turner Please!!! There is no way Wake can do worse than Porter and This is the perfect week to see both him and Turner(against the Bucs). Let them Play and Prove the fans wrong. I dont see us (fans) being wrong on this, Wake defensive MVP and Turner 3rd round. Again it cant be worse than what has been coming from those two positions so far this year! Everyone says Turner doesnt have speed. I recall during camp reading almost everyday that Turner and Henne were connecting on long touchdowns. I know that is practice, so what, at least they were and probably still are on the same page unlike he is with Ginn!

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 12, 2009 07:51PM

I agree with your point about Wake. The guy is a phenom. Get him in now and lets get at least an ounce of production out of that position. Come on Miami coaches, wake up(pun intended).

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 13, 2009 02:16AM

Thta's not what is being said. Your last opinion isn't backed up.

What I have read is that he needs to get used to fighting off press coverage. And that they don't want to sit one of the mediocre guys we have now because they have a good catch percentage....based on 10 -19 catches respectively.

pressure is on the X-Y axis...he can still run a 10 yard out and out stretch the defender.

Date: November 13, 2009 02:45AM

Makes you wonder if Oronde Gadsden would be playing if he was on our team. We all know the kind of weapon he was, but he may not have even seen the field on many teams.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 13, 2009 07:14AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 13, 2009 08:17AM

Date: November 13, 2009 01:35PM

Punt returns? The obvious choice is Ginn. Sit Bess, put in Turner, let Ginn return punts AND kicks. Start Hartline and Camarillo and put Ginn in the slot, then bring in Turner in short-yardage situations.

Bess can get his PT back when he stops dropping balls.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 03:02AM by montequi.

Date: November 13, 2009 01:55PM

Hold on, Berekly.....did u just compare Sparano and Parcells to Nick Saban? Are you kidding me?

Come on, man. That was a low blow.

---------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.