Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          i dont like laying out predictions, but...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
i dont like laying out predictions, but...
Posted by: Doug ()
Date: November 02, 2009 08:54AM

looking ahead to the Pats game, i see the next 5 wks are going to be crucial...

NE plays us twice 11/8(a) and 12/6(h), @ Indy, @ N.O., and home vs the Jets.

in the same time span, our opponents are: NE 2x, vs TB, @ Car, @ Buf (11/29)

I'll take our remaining schedule any day.

their record now stands at 5-2, 2 games ahead of our 3-4

whether I'm being optimistic or realistic, i could see them losing 4 out of the next 5, putting them at 6-6, while Miami wins 4 of the next 5, positioning us atop of them in the division at 7-5 by wk 14...

Coupled with the fact that we own a NYJ tiebreaker, a division championship is not too far out of the question.

its going to be an exciting 2nd half of the season!

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2009 09:16AM by Doug.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i dont like laying out predictions, but...
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 02, 2009 09:49AM

I hear ya, Gotta love an optimist!

It could happen, but the FINS need to get the offense back on track.

Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:15AM

Regardless of who the Pats play, if we don't lose, we control our own destiny. smiling smiley

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:32AM

If Miami can split against NE and beat the Bills. They will have the division tie breaker. I still see NE as being tough to beat, I can see them going 2-3 in that stretch with Miami upset them (wishful) Even if that happen I still think its a long shot with the Steeler and Texans who we never can seem to beat.

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:40AM

We NEED to blitz brady all day long.

Like we did the 1st half against Brees.

Hopefully our offence can control the clock and we get a few turnovers.

Welker is going to get his 10 catches 100yds, but I don't see them running on us like the Jets did this week.

Anyways, we are in tough this week, but all is not lost with a loss...we would need to win 3 or 4 in a row after this one...bringing our record to 7-5...probably 1 game behind the Pats, but definately looking wildcard.

ANYWAYS, LET'S HOPE WE PULL THIS ONE OUT...WHICH WOULD MAKE THINGS A HELL OF A LOT EASIER THE REST OF THE WAY!

FINS 37 PATS 33

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:44AM

guys it is very simple, if new england beats us next week they will win the division and we will NOT! make the playoffs. Why? cause we will be 3-5 and will have to finish 7-1 to finish 10-6 (minimal record to get in as a AFC wild card)- 7-1 is not happening...

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:45AM

Vontae needs to knock out welker with a vicious hit. I can't stand that midget anymore.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:49AM

We finished out the season last year 9-1, I believe.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 02, 2009 06:13PM

we gotta SPLIT with the Pats.

If NEW ENGLAND beats us twice then we can't win this division and make the playoffs. Gotta get 1 of the 2 games vs NE. If we ever won both...then we are a LOCK for the playoffs

Posted by: GA FinFan ()
Date: November 04, 2009 06:59AM

I think Miami has a really good chance to win this game. In reviewing the previous games it seems as though our defense has played much better on the road than at home, while the offense has done just the opposite. The buffalo game has been really the only game where everything came to gether and the team played to their ability for the entire game. The pats almost lost to Buffalo at home and have been shut out in the 3rd and 4th quarters in two seperate games. The only games they completely dominated were Tampa and Tennessee.

The phins get up for the good teams - I predict a stunner. our offensive line will be looking for redemption. Porter will will finally have a standout game.

Monday's headline - Patriots lambasted at home as the R&R show goes for 250.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 04, 2009 04:07PM

I don't like predictions much either but, last season Miami surprised New England with the Wildcat and the rest is history. I expect that our coaches will once again shake things up. I think they have been looking ahead to this game and have been holding something back that we have not seen yet. I believe we'll see a healthy helping of Pat White doing something other than handing off the ball. smiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.