Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Haha, Ted Ginn, have fun in the dog house!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Haha, Ted Ginn, have fun in the dog house!!
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 28, 2009 09:05AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Haha, Ted Ginn, have fun in the dog house!!
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 28, 2009 09:15AM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 28, 2009 09:42AM

Also of note in this article:

In other news, LB Channing Crowder sat out practice, while LB Matt Roth returned.

Now if we can only teach Wilson to tackle, get new legs for Bell, and rotate our LB's and DL more...

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 28, 2009 10:53AM

so wait, we are happy Ted Ginn is dropping balls in practice????

Nothing like rooting against players on your own team

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 28, 2009 11:10AM

Date: October 28, 2009 11:51AM

Rooting against him is the wrong way to look at it.

I'd just rather see players who can, you know, PLAY, step into his spot on the field since he CLEARLY does not want to take control of a game when he is given the opportunity.

I've had it with Ginn. I agree 100% with reducing his playing time. If he ever becomes a "player" then I'll be all for him stepping back up into the starting lineup.

Until then, he can ride that pine and work extra hard with his LIMITED OPPORTUNITIES.

Who knows...maybe this is exactly what he needs...

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 28, 2009 12:50PM

its rooting against him since you find glee in Ginn dropping a ball in practice.

You would HOPE he is improving in practice and not dropping balls, but call me crazy

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 28, 2009 01:07PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its rooting against him since you find glee in
> Ginn dropping a ball in practice.
>
> You would HOPE he is improving in practice and not
> dropping balls, but call me crazy

I agree O, I believe that with him out safties will play closer to the line and stuff the run since we no longer have the speed to get behind them. The one good thing is I hope this will have ginn refocus because I dont care if you run a 3.9 fourty if you can catch the rock you cant play. And when they showed that critical first down he dropped late in the game you can see that he never looked the ball in. That means that he catches based on repetition and has terrible technique. He need to dedicate the offseason to finding a wr catching coach and improve his catching technique...

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 28, 2009 01:09PM

Im glad he is getting benched. He is obviously taking less advantage of the opportunities that he gets than the other WR's.

Maybe it will piss him off...

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 28, 2009 01:16PM

but let me say this,

Just because he is benched during the practice week, doesnt mean he will be benched come Sunday. But if he is, then I believe its because the coaches feel someone else is playing better. Which atleast 3 probably are right now.

---------------------

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 28, 2009 01:19PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Im glad he is getting benched. He is obviously
> taking less advantage of the opportunities that he
> gets than the other WR's.
>
> Maybe it will piss him off...

RESPONSE: Best take of all, A & O. MikeO, everyone on this board wants the best result for the team. Reppa, yeah, his speed poses a threat but how long will it be before the other teams figure he is not a threat if, like even you say, he cannot "catch the rock."

I don't think its ability with Ginn. I think it is that he just has no confidence in himself anymore and that is dropping passes out of a lack of that confidence.

I know its wierd but growing up kids going through those problems would actually grasp the ball and then drop it. It was all mental. It's difficult to describe but I see the same thing in Ginn.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 28, 2009 03:50PM

Ted Ginn is a modern day Lamar Thomas.

Date: October 28, 2009 05:09PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Maybe it will piss him off...

Or maybe he'll lose all confidence. I'm hoping it's what you said.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 28, 2009 05:46PM

what confidence????

If he had confidence he wouldnt be dropping all those passes.

He showed great hands last year.

Date: October 28, 2009 06:24PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> He showed great hands last year.

I've never seen what I would call "great" hands from Ginn. Oronde Gadsden had great hands. Cris Carter had great hands. Heck, you could say Camarillo has great hands. Ginn, not so much.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 28, 2009 08:58PM

Guys, none of us know what is going on with Ginn or why he is not performing well. I'm all for shaking things up but Ginn has shown that he can catch, and he has also shown that he can drop passes. I hope the coaches can figure out what buttons to push because the team can use his speed.

If I had to make the call on him this week I wouldn't start him...but I would have him on the field within the first six plays, one of which would be a fly thrown to Ginn coverage be dammned...I'd tell him to simpy go get the ball, no excuses.

I'd also tell him, for every one play he makes he will get a further two snaps. His playing time depends on him making plays...if his time decreases it's entirely his fault as it would be if his playing time increases.

In short; he'd be accountable.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 29, 2009 01:40AM

I think they're just trying to send Ginn a message, and to get Hartline some playing time. No doubt Hartline will be in the game more, but I don't know if they'll sit Ginn during the game. Let's face it, we have no wide receivers.

It's not like they didn't see this coming. I have no idea why we didn't pick up a veteran receiver.

Ginn will run out there because we have little else.

sad smiley

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 29, 2009 03:56AM

We need the chanmge ... its up to Ginn to earn the spot back at this point. He has been given ample chance and notice.

We need to see what the team can do with others as the go to guy.

If it lights a fire with Ginn ... so be it, but it may also light a fire on the other guys wanting to step up and play.

Date: October 29, 2009 05:50AM

montequi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He showed great hands last year.
>
> I've never seen what I would call "great" hands
> from Ginn. Oronde Gadsden had great hands. Cris
> Carter had great hands. Heck, you could say
> Camarillo has great hands. Ginn, not so much.

Well at least he wasn't known for dropping passes left and right like this year.

He is beginning to be known as a receiver who cannot make the tough catch. And who drops the easy ones as well.

There is something wrong with ginn. His confidence, his sight, something is wrong.

You just dont go from been a decent receiver to been a bust from one year to the next.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 06:46AM

Maybe Ginn needs glasses, and/or some sticky substance on his gloves! smiling smiley

Either way he need to repeat this simple mantra on every single play :

Catch, Secure, Run.

Date: October 29, 2009 07:36AM

The sad part about it is, Ginn hurts us either way. When he is in...he drops passes. When he is out teams stack 8-9 guys in the block because they know we dont have a legitimate *VERTICAL* deep threat.

He beat Darrelle Revis by 3 steps, nobody else on our team can keep up with Revis within 3 steps.

---------------------

Posted by: gafinfan ()
Date: October 29, 2009 08:06AM

With all due respect to those of you who seem to be enjoying giving Teddy grief need to go and get the new SI with the photo of the Superman leap by Bush on its cover. If you will open it up you will find the photo of Ted CLEARLY knocking the ball out before Sharper crosses the goal line with the Ref staring dead at it yet the call goes against us while you guys jump on Ted. The Ref was wrong as were several other calls in that game. Sharper ends up being painted as a hero while Ted is the bust.

We need Ted to spread the field as he is our ONLY speed guy so why would anyone here enjoy tearing down a guy that we clearly need to step up? Seems to me to be grade school yard bs to me rather than A Miami fan's reaction to a team player.

Way to go Teddy, keep your head up man!

Date: October 29, 2009 08:17AM

I think we ALL saw Ted knock the ball out of Sharper's hand, but the fact is that Henne LAID THE BALL IN HIS HANDS AND HE STILL DROPPED IT.

Then Henne hit Ginn IN THE GUT and he dropped it on that last drive.

Yeah, this topic is immature of me.

Sue me.

I watched every snap of that game and I feel like every time Ginn had an opportunity to make a game altering play, he blew it. I know a lot of other guys blew it too, but Ginn should NOT be dropping those passes.

If you want to play a high profile position, then you should expect the criticism (and praise) that will come with it.

ESPECIALLY since us fans are shelling out so much money on tickets, TV packages, jerseys, tshirts, footballs, helmets, etc.

Meanwhile these guys who are making more in a year than most of us will make in a lifetime continue to get paid, despite not holding up their end of the bargain.

Ted Ginn makes millions, and I'm part of that reason he makes that much, so if I want to criticize his AWFUL play then damnit, I'm going to and I don't care what you all say.

Posted by: gafinfan ()
Date: October 29, 2009 08:42AM

Date: October 29, 2009 08:48AM

ga is right though. With Ted out, defenses are laughing at our passing game. Atleast with him in there, there is a threat for a deep pass. Trust me, Revis will be on his heels all game. But with him out.....no way.

---------------------

Date: October 29, 2009 09:52AM

I agreed about reevis. He is fast as hell but couldnt keep up with ginn on that long TD.

Ginn has world class speed. And im still hoping he can turn it around sometime this year.

Hopefully he has a good game against the jets. Much better than the last one.

PS. Man we better not get rid of ginn and then he becomes yet another west welker. I would be sick to my stomach.

Date: October 29, 2009 10:29AM

If he ever got in a real good sytem ie Indy, Philly....I think he puts ug HUGE numbers. JMO

---------------------

Date: October 29, 2009 10:40AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> If he ever got in a real good sytem ie Indy,
> Philly....I think he puts ug HUGE numbers. JMO

No doubt..........................Or new england..................?

Don't even want to imagine ginn been in new england.

Date: October 29, 2009 10:46AM

me either

---------------------

Posted by: fahcue2 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:20PM

The fact still remains.. Ginn definitely made a great play by getting up and knocking the ball away from Sharper before the TD.. even though the refs blew that play and took it away from him. However, had he caught the ball that hit him directly in the hands in the first place, he wouldn't have had to chase down sharper from behind and knock the ball away. He makes that catch.. the game probably goes significantly different than it did, and most likely the phins are sitting on a win right now.. rather than sitting Ginn on the bench.

There's always gonna be two ways of looking at it.. objectively and subjectively.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.