HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne bad game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne bad game
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:03PM

I find it suprising that no one has mentioned that Henne really had a bad game. Yes Ginn dropped some passes today. Yes Fasano dropped some too. Yes Camarillo threw the ball out of bounds.

But, Henne's passes were off most of the day. He also made some bad decisions and threw to covered guys. He also threw the ball behined Ginn when he was a good step and a half past the defender.

Just a bad game for Henne too.

I do think he will get better. Every QB goes through this type of game.

Now for the real reason we lost.

Our Defense played great in the first half and then came the second half. A completly different team. Whether it was poor halftime adjustments or a change in plan I don't know. But there was no pressure on Brees, no tight coverage like we had in the first half, and they couldn't stop the run. They just plane sucked.
Our team never should have been in the position to have to come from behind.
When will we ever put a complete game together.angry smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne bad game
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:14PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:21PM

Agreed. The Ginn pass was behind; however, he got his hands on it. I repeat HANDSSSSSS, plural! bring it down or knock it down.

They are NOT as good as we made them look.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:22PM

There were many dropped passes. All the WR's made mistakes. If he had help his game wouldnt have been that bad.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:24PM

I disagree.

Date: October 25, 2009 05:40PM

well your definately entitled to your won opinion. But if you think Ted Ginn was the only person who made mistakes catching the ball, then your statistically WRONG.

---------------------

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:45PM

I repeat. The receiver is the only player on the team with one assignment, CATCH THE BALL.

While Henne was back there getting his ass kicked after every throw, the receivers felt they had the luxury of only catching 'SOME PASSES' when it suited them. Ginn was not alone although he missed the easiest pass.

Date: October 25, 2009 05:50PM

Chyren is exactly right. Henne was avoiding the rush all day while trying to find a reciever who couldnt get open and then dealing with them finally getting open and dropping the ball.

---------------------

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:51PM

The BLANK LOOK in ginn's eyes is another thing that PISSES ME OFF. C'mon slap your helmet, spit on your hands, clap your hands in disgust. But when you blank-out and stare off into space, that makes it clear YOU DONT GIVE A SHIT about making the reception or sacrificing the body for the team.

A good receiver is hard to find.

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 25, 2009 06:02PM

Henne actually did a really good job. He made a number of very good throws under a lot of pressure. The first pick-6 was a beautiful back shoulder throw, which is where the coverage dictated that ball should have been thrown. He had another great throw down the middle on a post to Ginn. Ginn was covered, and the pressure was closing in on Henne, but he still put the ball in a spot where Ginn got both hands on it. It's just that Ginn made no effort to get the ball at its highest point, and he allowed the defender a chance to make a play on the ball. And that throw in the endzone to Ginn late in the game was another perfect throw to a guy who was covered. With our WR, Henne is going to have to throw to guys who are covered. It's easy to say he should throw to the open guy, but our receivers don't get open. I thought Henne did a good job. The first INT was all on Ginn. And the second INT was a miscommunication with someone. He threw an out, and both his receivers broke off to the inside. Maybe that was Henne's fault, but I'd bet that it was one of the receivers who broke the wrong way.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 06:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.