HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 06:16AM

Poll
Henne will be the franchise QB?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
14 votes were received.
YES 14

100%
NO 0

0%

Who else thinks Henne is our franchise QB??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 06:24AM

In an interview Henne said that in college play, the game slowed down for him about the fourth game that he played. I expect that he will improve steadily through-out the season. Considering the Jets game (excellent defense) as the starting point, by game four or five he could be downright scary.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 13, 2009 06:45AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 06:51AM

Date: October 13, 2009 07:09AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 13, 2009 07:29AM

Date: October 13, 2009 07:42AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 13, 2009 07:46AM

For all the talk about how we've used 2nd round picks on QBs recently, this feels like the first one with a real shot.

Culpepper - I was excited about his accuracy...the lingering injury hurt his mobility, which was what really probably made him what he was in MIN.

Feeley - ouch.

Beck - I didn't think he was given a fair shot in his rookie year, but I think he was given a fair evaluation in OTAs and training camp and preseason 08, and he just didn't perform. Plus he was 26 when we drafted him.

White - I'm not excited about his long-term potential as a starting NFL QB, but I do think he'll be used well by this staff.

Since Marino left, we have tried band-aids, cast-offs, back-ups, washed-ups...and I have defended most of them. I'm not saying he'll ultimately succeed, but Henne appears to have the best chance with the right mentality/leadership, poise, arm, youth, size, etc.

I for one will have to remember that:
- Joe Flacco threw for about 180 yards/.88 TD/.75 INT per game last year
- Matt Ryan was a just a little bit better on all counts
- Peyton threw 28 INTs his rookie year
- Eli was 115 yds/.67 TD/1 INT his rookie year
- Drew Brees was about like Flacco his first year of starting and was worse his 2nd
- Philip Rivers (for some, the closest comparison for Henne) was very good his first year of starting w/200+/1.4 TD/.6 INT
It will be tough to remember when he makes mistakes...but I'm going to try to.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 13, 2009 07:56AM

Henne is the best answer we've had since Dan.

We will NEVER replace Dan Marino. IN 50 years of football there are maybe 3 other QB's who can be talked about in the same discussion.

But.... If we are talking about a guy who can be talked about in the same discussion as Carson Palmer, Matt Hasselback, Eli Manning.....??

We have our guy.

1) He knows when not to throw the ball. He doesn't force it and will take the 5 yard check down.

2) Last night he went beyond the stage where a rookie throws the checkdown out of fear rather than pragmatics. He can go through his reads and find the right guy to throw it to.He zipped it into Fasano for a 1st, and sprinted out and drilled it to Camarillo. he did NOT lock onto his targets.

3) He HIT the wide open deep WR in STRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had QB's with qualities #1 & #2 in the past ( Frerotte, Pennington)

Dan Marino was the last Dolphins QB who could connect with a WR on the deep route AND do the other stuff. ( Sage Rosenfels did have a good deep ball; but, he did not manage a game well enough.)

With our running game working like it is, and with Ginn able to get behind D's...we NEED a QB who can occasionally hit the deep ball and find the open possession WR.

Henne can do it.

He just turned Ginn into a more valuable WR.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 09:15AM

Any dolphin fan would say after yesterdays game he is in fact the real deal and the future of the miami dolphins. He has been nothing short of perfect in the last 2 games.

He had a rating of 130 last night against the jets. He has 3 tds zero ints in the last 2 games.

The guy is accurate has pocket presence, has a cannon for an arm.

Give him some weapons and he can be as good as anybody in the league.

Date: October 13, 2009 09:24AM

> He just turned Ginn into a more valuable WR.

Not just Ginn, and not just the long ball. He hit Camarillo and others exactly where the ball needed to be. (Under pressure).

> Dan Marino was the last Dolphins QB who could connect with a WR on the deep route AND do the other stuff.

Somone has spent some time with Henne. The poise in throwing the other passes showed me a different guy than we saw when henne went in to replace Pennington.

- A thanks to Lee, Pennington and henne are all due.
- Respect to Henne for doing it under pressure in a big game

Date: October 13, 2009 09:27AM

> Culpepper - I was excited about his accuracy...the lingering injury hurt his mobility, which was what really probably made him what he was in MIN.

Maybe apYles and oranges.

- yes the injury slowed him ... but even Peyton Manning could not have succeeded with the OL we had when Culpepper was here.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 13, 2009 09:28AM

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 09:31AM

I will hold off in appointing him the annointed one but I will say that I am very happy right now and could not get any sleep last night. I am excited to see this team play again on Sundays and next week will be a long weekend. But I will say that this kid has talent. Ask me again in December and maybe I will vote yes. God knows I want to

Date: October 13, 2009 10:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.