HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          BArfalo Rewind
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
BArfalo Rewind
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 08, 2009 05:26PM

I rewatched the Barfalo game a couple of times at NFL Rewind.

First of all, It's great to have a win!

Things I noticed from the game...

1) The defense is swarming to the ball. We did start the game using more Press coverage and it paid off. I'm really happy with our two new cornerbacks. Davis made an excellent break on the ball for the TD. And Smith, was showing solid coverage skills...always in position. Even when he was beat on the long sideline pass to T.O., he was in good position to take the ball if he got his head around a little earlier.

Even though we still had some missed tackles, the safeties are squaring up and making solid hits.

Always rotating in new players on the D-line. I was certainly suprised how fast big Soliai can move when he slid out to cover the RB.

Wake seemed to help breathe new life into our pass rush. When Porter gets healthy, we should have a much improved pass rush.

2) The Ronnie & Ricky show. Those guys are just rolling down field. Ricky is now taking more direct snaps in the Wild-cat. It definitely helps our offense if we can get out to an early lead and then control the clock and game with Ronnie & Ricky. We also started to run a new pass patern underneath with both of the RB's. One finds an empty spot in the middle and the other rolls to the outside.

3) Offensive Line. Excellent run blocking. Had a couple of really bad missed blocks in the passing game that could have cost us some big plays. But, for the most part....Henne handled the pressure well.

Rotated in Garner at Right guard and he seemed to be a little more consitant w/ pass blocking. Thomas is a mauler in the run game.

It's good that we didn't have many false starts w/ Henne as the signal caller.

4) Henne. He seems very poised. But, was making the safe throws. Sometimes he was just too far off and the timing is not completely there with the receivers. He made good decisions and was smart enough to take off running a couple of times. He is good with the play-action passing. Made a couple of really good strong throws to move the chains.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BArfalo Rewind
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 09, 2009 05:35AM

Hopefully another week brings another level of readiness at QB

- This will be a lot tougher defense, but I do believe Henne will be more prepared this week.

- The challenge to me is on the recievers (WR & TE) to produce
- Add in the oL to pass block
- Did I mention the Coaches to design the passing packages to succeed (quick slants and outlets for the run blitz packages)

This is a big game and we are out of whiffs and excuses ... time to show up ... yes the whole team please (offense and defnese)

1. Win the turnover battle
2. Unveil a passing game (wildcat or otherwise)
3. Play agressive defense
4. Be the most physical team out there.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 10, 2009 03:24AM

Was it just me or did Vernon Carey really struggle with his pass blocking. He seems so slow, both mentally and physically.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 10, 2009 05:53AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 10, 2009 07:52AM

We can probably agree that Carey isn't the worst RT in the league, but he isn't, exactly, earning his salary right now either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 04:55AM by montequi.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 11, 2009 04:06AM

RT????

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 11, 2009 04:55AM

Yes, RT. Sorry for the typo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.