HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          For the Henne haters already
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
For the Henne haters already
Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:45AM

As ridiculous as it is to be hating on a guy who has virtually no playing time whatsoever I give you this.

123/259 47.5% 1663 yds 7 TDs and 14 INTs

Can you imagine what the internet would have been like during Elway's first year? I'm not saying Henne will be Elway, but he needs time. And WR's. And for us not to get stupid penalties.

Oh, and hi everyone. I have lurked on this board for a long time and finally decided to come out of hiding. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For the Henne haters already
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:53AM

finally a guy that actually watches football. I live in philadelphia and everyone was cruxifying kevin kolbs even though his only experience was coming in for relief for donavan against the ravens. Now everyone is on his johnson, come on what is so different. You cant judge a guy if he did not have time to prepare, I agree he should have been ready but he wasnt so lets see what he has next week before we start crying for other qb's... how long has it been since people were crying for john beck... "I WANT BECK BEER!!!" "GIVE ME BECK AND GIVE ME BECK NOW!!!" the funny thing is alot of these guys never even watched a single BYU game and were screaming for a guy then never saw.. that kills me.

Date: September 28, 2009 12:01PM

Would have helped Henne a lot too if our guys were catching the ball, and not getting stupid false start penalties. 2 false starts on WRs? Are you kidding me?

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:05PM

We will see, but our track record with QB'S suck.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:35PM

We need WR's without good hands to catch the ball...no QB would look good on our team..not even Brady

Date: September 28, 2009 01:12PM

I beg to differ lol. But i agree with our wr's, Ginn shoul just be used to run straight, and go for the long bomb, and Turner, Haynos need to be out on same side of ball in the redzone. Hartline needs to start, COME ON THE NAME HARTLINE IS BEASTLY, START HARTLINE!!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:06PM

Not just Elway. Take a look at Troy Aikman's first game and year! Peyton Manning stunk it up his first game too!

Problem is there's a growing trend of select rookie QBs that do well starting (Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez), but even though it's happened more often lately than in the past, it doesn't mean much. Drew Brees looked terrible his first year. How many people on this board are wishing we had Brees now?

Date: September 28, 2009 05:08PM

You know it would be sweet, but do we have the wr core to utilize a great QB? Or better yet the offensive play calling to effictivly use one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 05:08PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:37PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We will see, but our track record with QB'S suck.

Our track record with quartebacks really does not suck...Our patience with them does however suck. There is no way that one can make an educated decision about a quarterback after only a handfull of games.

Beck, Lemon, Henne, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. only got a cusory chance to play and when they struggled they were cast off as garbage...if Elway, Young, Plunkett, Williams etc, etc, etc, etc had had that happen to them they would not have had the careers they did nor would they have won superbowls because they would have not gotten a second or third chance.

People need to relax and realize that all too often it takes time and multiple seasons for a quarterback to actually learn to be good.

Date: September 28, 2009 06:43PM

Ok your opinion is a valid one, but feel is dead wrong. A certain song says it best, that when opertunity arise's you either win, or go home. "Loose yourself in the music, the moment you own it. Opertunity comes once in a lifetime". All the horrible QB's you just mentioned had there shot, and failed for whatever reason's, besides Marino, and Griese, and Pennington, who was a solid QB? Yeah 3 out of how many? Our track record with QB'S is not a good one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 06:43PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 03:22AM

Advice by the philosopher Eminem! LOL! Are you 9?

Date: September 29, 2009 03:44AM

Yeah for a select few opertunity to become great strikes twice, but for the most part, when it comes you better grab on.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 29, 2009 06:24AM

> Our track record with quartebacks really does not suck...Our patience with them does however suck. There is no way that one can make an educated decision about a quarterback after only a handfull of games.

Couldn't agree more! Here's how I see the best plan for the FINS to succeed.

1. Use what we can do and give henne time to be successful without being expected to make miracles happen.

- Use the TEs & Rbs more in passing attack
- Use henne in the wildcat as passer option for long pass downfield
- If successful with short passes, break it open for an occassional long one on 2nd or3rd and short (throw to someone other than T. Ginn)

2. Focus and hold defense accountable for their part (Sparano role)

3. Get a new special teams blocking & coverage assistant. What we are doing is not working.

Date: September 29, 2009 12:21PM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Our track record with quartebacks really does
> not suck...Our patience with them does however
> suck. There is no way that one can make an
> educated decision about a quarterback after only a
> handfull of games.
>
>
> Couldn't agree more! Here's how I see the best
> plan for the FINS to succeed.
>
> 1. Use what we can do and give henne time to be
> successful without being expected to make miracles
> happen.
>
> - Use the TEs & Rbs more in passing attack
> - Use henne in the wildcat as passer option for
> long pass downfield
> - If successful with short passes, break it open
> for an occassional long one on 2nd or3rd and short
> (throw to someone other than T. Ginn)
>
> 2. Focus and hold defense accountable for their
> part (Sparano role)
>
> 3. Get a new special teams blocking & coverage
> assistant. What we are doing is not working.

I agree with all of this. Especially our patience with them part. I've never seen a fan base in the NFL ready to throw a QB out as fast as Miami.

This will be Henne's first start, I believe he can be a good QB for us, but he's also going against a defense that did well against Brady and Brees. This could get very ugly, but I won't let one start get me too worked up either way.

Date: September 29, 2009 12:31PM

Well we got Thigpen, and finaly another solid QB.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.