HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Season Over!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Season Over!!!
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 27, 2009 01:23PM

NFL draft starts on a THURSDAY this year boys. Mark you calenders.

I figure with Cleveland, TB, and Washington the HIGHEST we can pick is 4th. I figure with Henne under center and our impossible schedule, we will be picking between 4th and 8th. Somewhere in that range

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Season Over!!!
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 27, 2009 01:37PM

It might sound crazy, but we haven't played a single AFC East opponent yet, so the season's not really over. We could still win the division, even with a worse record than NYJ or NE.

I still think we'll put it together sometime this year (may be too late), but we need to start giving our younger players opportunities. I'd like to see us throw to Haynos, because Fasano has done NOTHING so far. I'd like to see Clemons get a chance at safety, because Wilson has been a disappointment. We also have to give Henne a chance to open it up and throw deep.

Date: September 27, 2009 01:42PM

oh please. STOP!!!!!!!!! Pennington looks horrible on the sideline. Porter has a nagging injury that will probably be with him all year. Roth is out. We have zero OLB's who can play. We have no secondary at all. We don't have a QB at all and have resorted to playing a rookie (not even a blue chip rookie, just a rookie). Our top WR drops everything. And we can't punch it in from inside the 5 yard line.

AND......we haven't played NY or NE once yet. Those are two ELITE teams in this league. Not to mention we have the Saints, Pitt, Houston, and Tenn on our schedule.

AND....no team from 0-3 has ever made the Super Bowl let alone win one.

OUR SEASON IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: September 27, 2009 01:52PM

In all seriousness. What would the cap hit be to cut Ginn? Let Turner play and try to develop and start throwing to the TE again!

Date: September 27, 2009 01:54PM

NJ Dolfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In all seriousness. What would the cap hit be to
> cut Ginn? Let Turner play and try to develop and
> start throwing to the TE again!

I'd bench him and see what affect that has on his attitude. He's still got trade value to some lowly team, even for a mid-to-low round pick.

Date: September 27, 2009 01:56PM

bench him for who??? Hartline? Turner? please

Ginn isn't getting benched. You would DIVIDE the lockeroom and the coaches would lose the players. We don't need a media circus because a player isn't very good.

our season is over, just play it out. Worry about ginn in the offseason

Date: September 27, 2009 02:01PM

MikeO Wrote:
> bench him for who??? Hartline? Turner? please
>
> Ginn isn't getting benched. You would DIVIDE the
> lockeroom and the coaches would lose the players.
> We don't need a media circus because a player
> isn't very good.
>
Uhhh....no. How would actually laying down the law DIVIDE the team? Under Cam the team fell apart because he had no discipline!! JJ used to bench starters all the time, but it didn't divide the team!!

Hartline has speed and can play that position (AND catch!!). Benching Ginn would send a message to the veterans. Play up to your pay scale or don't play! We did that with Wilford last year. I think Ginn needs a serious kick in the a**.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:08PM

I don't see what purpose benching him does. It isn't like we have a lot of depth at that position. It's biting off your nose to spite your face

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:10PM

Yes its over. I say lose the rest of the season..get the top draft pick and have an easy schedule next year and cruise to the superbowl. Thats how you have to do it in this league

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:15PM

Put Ginn back at Special teams and let him excel. We could possibly get the yardage game in our favor. We need to play the young players and hope for the best. We still have a chance, but not a good one. I have extreemely disappointed in this team and there needs to be a clearing house after next year.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:20PM

Whats wrong with Ginns attitude? I didnt see anything worng with it.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:21PM

we suck

Date: September 27, 2009 02:24PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Whats wrong with Ginns attitude? I didnt see
> anything worng with it.

Has he made an effort to improve his catching skills. Does he get really ticked off when he drops one? He plays like he doesn't care.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:34PM

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:35PM

Man im predicting, Jet's, and Vikings in Miami this year.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:39PM

Date: September 27, 2009 02:40PM

Date: September 27, 2009 02:41PM

GOOD GOD ENOUGH, SERIOUSLY ENOUGH WITH THIS FALSE NOTION OF DEVELOPING GINN, HE IS A BUST GET IT ALREADY!!!! HE IS HORRIBLE, BECAUSE HE CANT CATCH CONSISTANTLY. NOT BECAUSE OF POOR ROUTE RUNNNG, IT'S LACK OF BALL CONTROL SKILLS, AND THE FACT HE DOESNT TAKE HIT'S. TRADE HIM FOR ANYTHING.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:42PM

Ginn cant run returns, he cant catch clutch pass's, he drop's any pass in the middle of the field, because he is on his knees ready to take the hit. If he was man enough to take a blast, he might be a solid wr, but he isnt.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:47PM

Date: September 27, 2009 02:48PM

just ban him already. His posts add nothing and the same rants are getting old.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:51PM

Date: September 27, 2009 02:53PM

Fine im sorry you feel that way. I was just trying to get some people to finaly realize somthing, im sorry i "yelled at you in capital letters", and will reframe from doing that again. I just want you to realize what the truth is, instead of living in the beautiful fantasy land that last years team led us too.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:56PM

Date: September 27, 2009 02:57PM

I use this as venting, instead of venting in front of family. Nothing personal to anyone on here.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:58PM

boy who cried wolf.

I hope Curt puts and end to this

Date: September 27, 2009 03:01PM

Mike0 your not in any position to talk, in fact i just reported your last as abusive.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:02PM

why, I talk football here. I put up football posts and back them up with facts and debate the issues at hand in a rational and resonable manner. You drag everyone into these childish games.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:06PM

Realy, i post opinions, and view's which is called discussing. I also on the rare occasion post statistics, and such. I dont imediatly follow up all your post with as near as much filth, as you do, infact when i have i have apologized, and dont do it nearly as much as you. So tell me how your last two post had anything to do with football with stats, instead of calling for my head, just as an excuse to vent your anger out for our team sucking, and for me being realistic, and yeah it sucks, that our team is sucking, but flip the side if we where winning, i would still be critical about or team, because i look at our games in a coach point of view.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:25PM

Wow, and you thought i was bad. I'm sorry for my outburst, but that is clearly against the rules.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.