HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Afghanistan in the house!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Afghanistan in the house!
Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: September 26, 2009 07:08PM

Hey Aqua, glad you made it.

I am currently in Afghanistan right now.

I just want everyone to know that I even though I don't post as much, I read almost all of the posts and have been a member of this site for a number of years... sometimes I used to sign the bottom of posts as $uper$tar...until I grew out of that.. a lil older now. lol those were my West Point days.

I love this site and I love the Dolphins.
I read your posts so much that I consider a lot of you family even though you don't even know it! Even those of you that make me angry because of all the mean posts attacking other members (attack statements, not people)...but hey, whats family without a little conflict right?

Sometimes we get the games on the Armed Forces Network, and sometimes we don't. So I really appreciate the play by play threads every week, seriously.

As for Afghanistan, it is much worse off than Iraq. They just don't have the resources over here to truly become the independent nation that Iraq has the potential to become. Afghanistan has few factories and most of the processing of the raw materials from Afghanistan is processed in Pakistan! We all know that the processing stage is where the money is for raw materials and Pakistan is probably the most corrupt place in the world... besides a few nations on the continent of Africa. The central gov't is not progressive, and the election going on was absolutely definitely rigged ( I can say that because its all over the news anyway). I am a logistics officer over here, and lets just say getting supplies shipped from one area to another by local nationals is a huge headache and I don't trust the 'mistakes' they make are honest mistakes. I hate the whole system and I am a strong advocate for stopping the process because I believe that a good portion of the money we pay local nationals are going straight to the Taliban (whether its voluntary or involuntary... hard to say no to a guy that is telling you he'll kill your family if you don't give him half of everything you make!)

..Okay, enough of that rant, and I'm sorry it went on so long, I really didn't mean too.

Back to football... Blitz Porter, Blitz Porter, Blitz Porter. If you know my posts you know that I don't think Porter is a complete LB. Which is why Pittsburgh said hell no to giving him a big contract... and of course we did, however, he is an outrageous athlete! blitz blitz blitz! I don't think that Darren Sproles can beat our linebackers like he beats other line backers in the league. I just don't see him breaking off J.T. and J.P. what do you guys think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Afghanistan in the house!
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:34AM

As always, I must first say thanks for your service. The liberal media does little to tell the truth about what is going on over there so it is nice to hear the perspective of one of our fine young soldiers.

As for Porter blitzing, it seems that he does pass rush most of the time during pass situations. I would like to see Cam Wake get activated and show what he has. Perhaps he isn't refined as an linebacker in general, but in the little I saw of him this preseason, he sure can turn the corner and rush the passer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 06:10AM by Jonathan Twilley.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 27, 2009 04:37AM

J Twilley, the media is conservative to right wing, not liberal. But I won't go there.

Yes, it is great to hear an unfiltered voice from the front line. Afghanistan is a tough place right now for a soldier, and as you said politically it is a tougher nut to crack. You'll likely have some company soon since the generals are asking for 40 thousand more boots, which they'll surely get.

The defensive schemes I'll leave to the coaches, but yes it makes me happy when we're able to use the strengths of our players instead of being caught in mismatches. Sure, blitz Porter. I'm surprised also they haven't played Wake yet, he's got experience and not really a rookie, and he's a pure pass rusher. He would have been disruptive in the backfield on Monday, I think.

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: September 27, 2009 04:49AM

Main Stream Media right wing? You've got to be kidding.

Thanks for your service and stay safe.

We need Wake and anyone else that can make a tackle. Last weeks game was just so disapointing. When will we ever get both the offense and the defense playing a game together. Our offense could not have been any better, while the D just plane sucked.

This week will be different. God I hope so.

BTW, was in Venice Fl for the last week. Fishing was great!smileys with beer

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 05:41AM

depends what network

FOX-Rightwing
MSnbc-Leftwing

CNN-varies

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 27, 2009 06:33AM

kelreign Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

(... hard to say no to a guy that is
> telling you he'll kill your family if you don't
> give him half of everything you make!)
>

But enough about the IRS!

I think the younger guys should get some playing time by rotating them out smartly (not only situation subbing but also spelling the old timers for a series here and there). If the season slips away from us then it's really time to see what they've got, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Seriously Kelrein--thank you and stay safe.
JC

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 27, 2009 07:21AM

Come on guys he is an officer, he doesnt work for a livin. lol Personaly i want to see Anderson, and Wake play more. Porter just looks old, and winded.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 27, 2009 08:36AM

Heh heh...another media right/left wing conversation. The Right is in the minority in the media. They have talk radio and FoxNews. The Left has MSNBC and pretty much all the mainstream networks (ABC, CBS, NBC). CNN does vary, but tends to lean left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 08:36AM by montequi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.