HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          You pick the receiver
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
You pick the receiver
Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 04:23PM

Poll
50 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
You pick the receiver

Alright these are all guys that we may realistically be able to get in the draft... my questions is if you had your choice who would you pick (if any)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You pick the receiver
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 23, 2009 04:28PM

I just have a good feeling about Nicks. Last week, Pat Kirwan of Sirius NFL Radio, and Parcells' former GM, said that one coach told him that Nicks is the only one of the top WR who has experience running all of the NFL routes. UNC runs a pro style passing attack, and Nicks can run the entire NFL route tree. I think he could contribute from day 1. And I really like the desire he shows on the field. He goes after the ball and fights for the endzone. That said, the guys from Sirius NFL Radio don't see him lasting to our pick. They have him going in the top 20 now.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 05:07PM

I choose Robiskie. Just because I think he's the type of player we are looking for, a good head on his shoulders, ready to come in and work, a professional type player.

Date: March 23, 2009 06:30PM

Kenny Britt from rutgers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 23, 2009 06:30PM

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: March 24, 2009 12:56AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I choose Robiskie. Just because I think he's the
> type of player we are looking for, a good head on
> his shoulders, ready to come in and work, a
> professional type player.
------------------------------------------------------

If we don't pick WR early enough in the draft, Robiskie is who we'll be stuck with.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 24, 2009 02:43AM

I dont want to be stuck with anybody. Robiskie is YUCK.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 24, 2009 04:00AM

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: March 24, 2009 04:00AM

Britt

Date: March 24, 2009 06:16AM

i dont want any of em. i want to build the defense as solid as possible, we will do just fine with what we got, give me a top notch o-line and defense. thats what i want. next year we will need to replace ricky, and will need to go after another RB and then we can take a solid WR, and a replacement for ferguson. we will be ok.

Date: March 24, 2009 06:53AM

Date: March 24, 2009 07:42AM

i would take barden in the 3rd round we dont have a fourth, round pick i believe, but a barden who is tall like that could deff help especialy if the man has great hands, and in the 3rd round would be a great choice the money we would pay him wouldnt break the bank.

Date: March 24, 2009 09:20AM

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: March 24, 2009 01:04PM

Yeah, sorry guys I meant to put one of the Tate's as Kenny Britt..... ooops

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 24, 2009 03:59PM

Date: March 24, 2009 08:26PM

two linebackers no ill tell you why salary cap in 2010? clay mathews would work and a solid corner i would go for davis in first round, but i think the brass will get mathews, i would also shop for a solid DT in 4th or 5th go for pat white as our third pick, and then pick up a wr as our 4th pick, i like mathews, a corner back best available at our spot in second round, then pat white, then go wr, dt, and finish the draft with depth players for CB, SS, DT, AND O LINE.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 29, 2009 02:58PM

The draft is filled with talented receivers who rank among the top 40 prospects. Britt doesn't get the buzz that some others receive and you won't find him going in Round 1 in most mock drafts, but his college career was highly decorated and his pro prospects burn bright.

And unlike some fast risers on draft boards, Britt isn't a workout wonder. Sure, he looked the part at the combine and the Rutgers pro day. But he actually has the body of work to prove it.

Britt is a red-zone target at the NFL level with his great hands and 6-3, 220-pound body. He had 14 100-yard games at Rutgers, tying someone named Larry Fitzgerald for the most 100-yard games in Big East history.

Britt is a high-character guy and a great worker. He has caught more than 100 balls every day in preparation for the draft while spending time working on route-running with the great Rod Smith.

His red-zone knack has some executives comparing his on-field game to Terrell Owens.

Don't be surprised to hear his name called by the Titans, Giants, Dolphins, Ravens or Colts in the first round. - fox sports

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: March 29, 2009 03:41PM

I was watching youtube highlights on both Nicks and Britt, and I must say Britt looked to be the more physical receiver. And he is one hell of a blocker to boot. I'm intrigued as to why Britt hasn't got much pre-draft attention at this point.

Date: March 29, 2009 05:53PM

they say he's a diva receiver, if i had to pick one receiver it will be britt

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 30, 2009 03:12AM

Britt drops *ALOT* of passes. He is similiar to Derek Hagan. We dont need that.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 30, 2009 05:28AM

I agree A/O. I don't like him that much. He is a body catcher and his rac ability consists of powering thru tackles. He doesn't have the shiftiness and quickness of a player like Hakeem Nicks and did not face the same level of competition as Nicks.

I now see 7 Wide Receivers going in the first round this year (and only 2 CB's).

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.