HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Connor Barwin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Connor Barwin
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 14, 2009 05:58PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connor Barwin
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 14, 2009 07:22PM

1st round? ya think

Date: March 14, 2009 08:16PM

I think he is gone by our second pick if we don't and he has more upside than anyone else that will be available. NE will snag him with pick 34. He is untapped talent having only played DE for a short while but he is a faster, more explosive version of Vrabel. He can play TE as well.

What if he could slide into Ayodele's spot immediately and take over for Porter eventually...or maybe he beats out Roth. The kid is a freak. He is the same size and even looks like Vrabel. I would not be surprised to see NE take him before us in round 1.

I think Clay Mathews is gone before 25 and Sean Smith will be gone too.

We had pretty good luck with another DE from a small school in Ohio (Akron).

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 14, 2009 09:59PM

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: March 15, 2009 03:52AM

Connor Barwin is definitely in the mix. I finished a post where I predicted our #25 will be Larry English. But if English is gone, someone like Barwin is next in line. English is the better pass rusher and has great upside so I give him the nod.

I totally agree with you that Matthews is going to be gone. He's getting way too much attention.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 15, 2009 06:50AM

I really like this player and mentioned him in a previous thread in getting him in a trade down scenario. Yet, his numbers at the combine got alot of scout attention. He may not last until our JT pick. But, having that extra second rounder does allow us to reach a little on players we really like.

Barwin is VERY athletic (basketball player) and also has the ability to line up on offense as a TE or H-back. In that sense, we could be getting a two for one.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:23AM

Barwin was interviewed on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday afternoon. Apparently, he had just finished a private workout with Paul Pasqualoni. He said that Pasqualoni took him into a classroom, threw the entire defense at him, and then took him out on to the field to see what he remembered. Barwin thought it went really well. He's a very confident kid.

I think that taking him at #25 is probably too high. But, I have real doubts about whether he'll still be there at #44.

Date: March 17, 2009 05:09AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Barwin was interviewed on Sirius NFL Radio
> yesterday afternoon. Apparently, he had just
> finished a private workout with Paul Pasqualoni.
> He said that Pasqualoni took him into a classroom,
> threw the entire defense at him, and then took him
> out on to the field to see what he remembered.
> Barwin thought it went really well. He's a very
> confident kid.
>
> I think that taking him at #25 is probably too
> high. But, I have real doubts about whether he'll
> still be there at #44.

Yeah it is high from where he started and I will trust SIP to make that call but remember in 97 when 11 DE's were taken ahead of Jason Taylor?

Peter Boulware, Reinard Wilson, Kenard Lang, Kenny Holmes, Renaldo Wynn, Jon Harris, Trevor Pryce, Jared Tomich, Marcellus Wiley, Brandon Mitchell & Ryan Phillips were all taken ahead of JT. He is the best out of all of them and only 2 are even worth mentioning. He was not taken because they thought he was to light and came from a small school. If JJ knew then what we all know now, he would have been the first DE taken in the draft. Hindsight is 20/20 but 11 before him with 9 that are busts or backups or out of the league?

Sure, you don't reach if you think you can get him later but the word is out on him now. I would not be surprised to see the Pats take him.

I would take him over any of the pass rushers this year with the exception of Arakpo any day of the week. He is taller and faster than Arakpo. He has the size to play as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB where many will only play one or the other. That means every team will be looking at him. 3-4's and 4-3's alike.

I would love to get Nicks and Barwin with the first two picks. That would be awesome!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.