HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins-Jets Game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins-Jets Game
Posted by: noetic ()
Date: December 23, 2008 11:09AM

What do you think the gameplan is going to be on Sunday? Its still early in the week, but its been years since the Dolphins were faced with a game this important and meaningful.

The Jets are very good against the run, and I think they'll stack the box on a regular basis to stop Ronnie and Ricky. If Pennington doesn't throw for around 300 yards I think we lose this game. I'm also going to be severely disappointed if Henning doesn't call for Ronnie to throw another pass out of the Wildcat.

On defense, we have to put Favre on the ground as much as possible. He used to be tough, but these days he's and old man who doesn't like being hit, especially in the cold. If we don't get a few sacks and pressure him to make Favre-like risky decisions, its going to be a long day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins-Jets Game
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2008 11:19AM

I've been recently informed that whatever our gameplan, it will be "simple minded". In other words, we'll win the game.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 23, 2008 11:35AM

I think Henning has been saving a few wrinkles just for the Jests. Not a total new look, but something good just for them.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 23, 2008 11:37AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think Henning has been saving a few wrinkles
> just for the Jests. Not a total new look, but
> something good just for them.

Maybe a fake spike? Nawww drinking smiley

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 24, 2008 05:50AM

I don't know about 300 yards, as he only threw for 235 in an offensive shoot-out with the Chiefs. We ran for a lot of yards against the Chiefs, but R&R weren't anywhere near dominant. I think that's fairly representative of what has made us successful on offense and what needs to happen to Sunday - consistent 'good to great' QB play and keeping defenses on their toes by not counting on any one player (outside of Pennington) to deliver on offense.

Posted by: Ct Fin Fan ()
Date: December 26, 2008 07:05PM

I hope Porter puts Favre on his back a couple times!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.