HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ryan Tannehill rockets up draft boards.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Ryan Tannehill rockets up draft boards.
Date: March 30, 2012 07:31AM

See whats going to end up happening is we will be forced to trade up with Minnesota due to stupid Pete Carrol with his hopeless Seaawks, and the retarded Browns. Brown's have a franchise QB however there stupid enough to instead build around him by drafting Kalil and a stud WR with 22nd pick they would draft this kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 07:35AM by GodAlmightyDolphinsRule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 30, 2012 07:52AM

Bill Polian was just on Sirius NFL Radio. He says we should definitely take Tannehill if he's there for us. He said the only thing to not like about him is his lack of playing time. But, he loves his work ethic, said he used to attend all of the QB meetings even when he was playing WR. He said he likes his intelligence, size, arm strength, delivery, accuracy, and mobility. He called him the perfect West Coast Offense QB. And said he is a very high character guy, too.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 30, 2012 09:44AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LETS MAKE A MOUNTAIN outta a TANNEHILL!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 30, 2012 11:36AM

Berk
> Henne may have had the "tools" (debatable) but he clearly lacked "it"---whatever it is that makes a QB a winner in this league. Time after time with the game on the line he couldn't even get us a 1st down. I expect nothing different in Jax. You either got "it" or you don't

I think Henne had more coming in than he did in year two.
Why you ask? Sparano ruined him. Tied his hands and instincts with idiotic call playing and overly freaked when he made a few mistakes.

Henne was awesome in his first game ... forget who itr was but he came out and instictively made awesome throws without the 2nd guessing etc.

This is why I feel better about Philbin, the new offensive scheme. The QB will have options, and will have coaching to make him successful. Not only on the QB, but the QB becomes an awesome manager of a great machine, the better he gets at running the show.

I think Philbin will be good at developing whoever we have, Henne would have been much better if he had been coached and managed by a smarter man. Sparano has his positives, but coaching QBs was not one of them. He IMHO retarded Henne's development with his decisions.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 12:42PM

Fact for Dolfanmark- Ryan Tannehill record last year, his first full season
(7-6, 4-5 Big 12)

He had only 4 wins last year in the big 12 and 5 losses, that is more losses in the Big 12, then Wins, they finished seventh in the conference... Not sure what you were questioning about my facts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2012 12:47PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 30, 2012 02:45PM

Date: March 30, 2012 03:38PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Fact for Dolfanmark- Ryan Tannehill record last
> year, his first full season
> (7-6, 4-5 Big 12)
>
> He had only 4 wins last year in the big 12 and 5
> losses, that is more losses in the Big 12, then
> Wins, they finished seventh in the conference...
> Not sure what you were questioning about my facts?

You conveniently left out his 2010 record against the conference, which was 6-0. Hence, 10-5 within his conference.

I despise when people use W-L record with a QB as some sort of measuring stick. QBs don't play defense, special teams, or coach. They are not responsible for wins and losses. They play a large part, but they don't deserve all the credit in a win or all the blame in a loss. Dolphins fans should have learned this during the Dan Marino era. Texas A&M had a horrible defense in 2011. That's why they went 4-5 in the conference.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 30, 2012 04:07PM

After watching video of this guy play...I just fail to see the major red flags that are glaring in other prospects.

1) Experience in Sherman's pro style offense.
2) Accuracy in the pocket and on the move.
3) Moves above average in the pocket to extend the play.
4) Has experience as a receiver.
5) Strong enough arm and quick release to make all the NFL throws.
6) Prototypical NFL size.
7) Smart enough to be a surgeon.
8) Broken foot healed enough to run a 4.6
9) No character problems.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 04:07PM

Dolfanmark,

We finally agree on something!!!!

I absolutely agree the fins should draft tanehill at #8

The only position that can push a team to be a premier franchise is QB!!!
I truly believe with the new collective bargaining agreement in place, and not having to dish out huge $$$$ for a top 10 pick,,,taking a qb that is a great prospect is imperative.Because crazy $$$ are not involved, missing on a qb pick is not setting us back multiple years!

We honestly should consider drafting a qb in round 1 or 2 in every draft for the next 5 years until we hit the jackpot!

Btw, if we hit multiple times, then we can trade away one of the young franchise qbs four multiple first round picks!!! Very soon after...

Who else agrees with this strategy!

Date: March 30, 2012 04:17PM

steviec13 Wrote:
> Dolfanmark,
>
> We finally agree on something!!!!
>
> I absolutely agree the fins should draft tanehill
> at #8
>
> The only position that can push a team to be a
> premier franchise is QB!!!
> I truly believe with the new collective bargaining
> agreement in place, and not having to dish out
> huge $$$$ for a top 10 pick,,,taking a qb that is
> a great prospect is imperative.Because crazy $$$
> are not involved, missing on a qb pick is not
> setting us back multiple years!
>
> We honestly should consider drafting a qb in round
> 1 or 2 in every draft for the next 5 years until
> we hit the jackpot!
>
> Btw, if we hit multiple times, then we can trade
> away one of the young franchise qbs four multiple
> first round picks!!! Very soon after...
>
>
> Who else agrees with this strategy!

AMEN!!!

Date: March 30, 2012 04:18PM

Dolfanmark- While I understand why you want to overlook the W-L, record of a quarterback, and that is fine. But that is just another factor for me, when a guy has that uncanny desire to win and overcome... That is special, and something i personally look for when evaluating a leader of your team.... what type of fight, how does he react when up against a wall, or with a lead, does he take the game over and put it away or does he wait to lose or hope to not lose... IF Tannehill backed up his half year performance in 2010, in 2011 when everybody had tape on him and could game plan against him, then I would defintely be in team Tannehill's corner, but he didnt... He did some great things and is an athlete, raw, and needs development, before we will know... I think he is a risk like Henne or even Locker, while I would love to see him sit on the bench for a couple years and be developed, I dont think that is worth a number 8 pick in the draft.
I am still putting my faith in Philbin and his abilities to develop and work and offense, but I dont think he will be granted the leeway from anyone to have ths kid drafted 8 and sit on the bench for a long while... If we draft him, and lose a couple games out of the gate, and Philbins doesnt start him, or starts him to early, it is all a cluster F*ck, because they reached for a player that isnt ready, in a position Miami's has been starved... I think it is a bad move, but if they do it, I will cheer and hope for the best

Date: March 30, 2012 04:38PM

Well what the hell are we going to do? Continue passing on QB'S till our whole team is 35 years old? Jesus Christ pick him up and start him.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 04:38PM

issue doesn't seem to be taking him at 8, seems clear we should. but sounds like now we'd need to trade up for him, and is he worth, say, 2 first rounders? I say no way

Date: March 30, 2012 04:42PM

He will be available at #8 ...I assure you!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 30, 2012 05:01PM

After thinking about it, I'd entartain the idea of trading up if we had to. But I don't think I'd go past #6. I'd much prefer to sit at #8 and wait for him there.

I think at #8 it's a no brainer.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 30, 2012 05:18PM

don't trade up. so funny that now the idea of taking him at 8 sounds like a bargain with all this BS about trading up for him. I called this weeks ago---we'd need to trade up for tannehill

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 30, 2012 05:41PM

Just my .02 but...

Trading UP for Tannehill is total joke!

I hope there's ZERO chance that happens. I mean really. Are you guys freaking nuts?

Investing #8 in him is a more than sufficient risk. But flushing additional draft capital down the toilet to get this kid in beyond crazy.

Yea, he's a really nice athlete. And he's a high quality person. But (BUT BUT BUT) compare him to someone like (dare I say) Marino and suddenly... Well, he's a PROJECT at best.

Are we really that desperate?

We have a number of options so let the draft come to us. If Cleveland takes Tannehill then another quality prospect falls to us. And maybe we’re better off passing on that possibility and adding more ammo to out draft gun. But absolutely NO trading up for a project like Tannehill. That’s a loser move 9 times out of 10.

Date: March 30, 2012 05:46PM

No need to trade up!

Cleveland is not taking him!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 30, 2012 06:40PM

What BNF said.

Date: March 31, 2012 02:37AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Dolfanmark- While I understand why you want to
> overlook the W-L, record of a quarterback, and
> that is fine. But that is just another factor for
> me, when a guy has that uncanny desire to win and
> overcome... That is special, and something i
> personally look for when evaluating a leader of
> your team.... what type of fight, how does he
> react when up against a wall, or with a lead, does
> he take the game over and put it away or does he
> wait to lose or hope to not lose... IF Tannehill
> backed up his half year performance in 2010, in
> 2011 when everybody had tape on him and could game
> plan against him, then I would defintely be in
> team Tannehill's corner, but he didnt...

One game, A&M lost 53-50. Tannehill's offense put up 50 points. How is that loss on him? If they win that game, then his 2011 conference record would have been 5-4. A&M had a lousy defense. In their losses this year, they gave up an average of 38.5 points. And, then throw in the fact that the receivers dropped 64 passes this year (and they even dropped passes at his pro day), and it's clear he didn't have much of a supporting cast.

He had a passer rating of 137 in 2010, and 133 in 2011. And that 2011 number is driven down by the dropped passes. His play didn't drop off, but his team's did.

Date: March 31, 2012 04:49AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 31, 2012 08:14AM

Date: March 31, 2012 12:53PM

People need to understand, that if you don't draft a qb , you will never find the franchise player ....

Drafting tanehill is a must this year!

Date: March 31, 2012 05:42PM

Date: March 31, 2012 05:56PM

But what if the 3rd best QB is not WORTH a top 10 first round draft choice Mark?

Let me ask you flat out. Would you take Cousins with the no. 8 pick in the draft if there were no Weeden AND no Tannehill???????

You know where I'm heading.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 31, 2012 06:06PM

But Chyren,

Thats what Mark is getting at, everybody and their mother (except you and Crowder) realize that Tannehill is worth a top 10 pick.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 31, 2012 06:13PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> But what if the 3rd best QB is not WORTH a top 10
> first round draft choice Mark?
>
>
> Let me ask you flat out. Would you take Cousins
> with the no. 8 pick in the draft if there were no
> Weeden AND no Tannehill???????
>
>
> You know where I'm heading.

Absolutely not. Cousins is known to hang on to the ball too long. That's a big problem in the WCO. He has an average arm, at best. He doesn't have good mobility, another key WCO trait. And he is poor when improvising and trying to extend the play, which has become a huge component for success in the NFL. He doesn't have first round talent. He doesn't have franchise QB talent. At best, he could be coached into a caretaker type QB. And that is not first round material.

I would take Cousins over Weeden. I wouldn't touch Weeden with a 10 foot pole. Name one QB who played in the Air Raid offensive system who has gone on to a successful NFL career. It's a gimmicky college offense that produces huge stats, but doesn't prepare a QB for the NFL. Ask Tim Couch, Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell, Lance Funderburk, and Josh Heupel. Then, throw in Weeden's other weaknesses, and his age, and you have a guy that I wouldn't even consider.

The only knock on Tannehill is lack of experience. You simply are not going to find a guy with his talent later in the draft. You want a chance to capitalize on that talent? You roll the dice at #8. You want to settle for a guy you hope you can develop into a caretaker? Then wait for round 2 or 3. Bill Polian, who knows a thing or two about QB talent, called Tannehill an "ideal West Coast Offense QB", and said he was absolutely a top 10 talent.

Date: March 31, 2012 06:44PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> But Chyren,
>
> Thats what Mark is getting at, everybody and their
> mother (except you and Crowder) realize that
> Tannehill is worth a top 10 pick.

LOL. Go back and look at my poll. There are a lot more on the "against" side than Crowder and myself.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 31, 2012 06:49PM

And in other news, a Mrs Chyren B from the State of California has been named a Saint.

Date: March 31, 2012 06:53PM

You are too cold.

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.