HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Flynn signs with Seattle
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Flynn signs with Seattle
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 18, 2012 03:32PM

Well it's no wonder the Dolphins are on pins and needles and uptight...

1. We have lost out on a few high profile guys now.
2. Pressure is increasingly coming from the owner to get better and to finally find a franchise QB, I'm sure.
3. The organization is feeling the scorn of the fans and the ridicule of rest of the league, I'm sure...adding to the pressure.
4. They have a new staff.
5. They are installing a new system.
6. They don't have the players they want so the system won't be as effective as it should be...and the coaches know it.
7. Without results next season more coaching changes could be in store.
8. The coaches don't know the players.
9. The players don't know the coaches...so the since of trepidation is high.
10. Options to quickly turn around the team are rapidly running out.

If us fans are reeling and waiting for the other shoe to drop...the sense of dread with the coaches must be almost palpable by now. We (and they) badly need something, anything, good to happen to the franchise...just to inject a bit of optimism that things can turn for the better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 18, 2012 03:53PM

Another way to look at this. Brandon Marshall demanded that he be traded if we didn't sign Manning or Flynn. Maybe we knew someone else would be willing to pay more for Flynn, and we preemptively traded Marshall before his trade demand went public and drive his market price down.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: March 18, 2012 04:06PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No joints being passed around.

Yep that's it....good idea, I could use that myself right now. O'well have to enjoy a beer for now.

smileys with beer

Date: March 19, 2012 12:48PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 12:52PM

I agree obviously it was scenario B, and we didnt lose Flynn, we chose not to sign him... Philbin knew him better then anyone, and granted the position we are in looking for a QB, he made all the sense in the wolrd, but he wasnt the future and worth that type of money or dedication... They knew what I already know, Matt Moore would have beaten him out in Camp.... plain and simple

Date: March 19, 2012 01:01PM

Crowder52 Wrote:

> They
> knew what I already know, Matt Moore would have
> beaten him out in Camp.... plain and simple

Well, that is quite a leap. The whole reason they are desperately searching for a QB is because they don't believe Moore has the skill set to be a successful WCO QB. Footwork, quick decisions, and accuracy are keys. Moore has none of those things in his favor.

Date: March 19, 2012 01:07PM

I still think he is better then Flynn, he has faced adversity and won games in the face of it... He was a top 12 QB in the NFL last year on a new team, after a lockout, with a lame duck coach and a not so great offensive line play.. Moore might not be the answer but he is no slouch... I am pretty sure Flynn will not finish with 12 best Qb rating next year...

Date: March 19, 2012 01:20PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I still think he is better then Flynn, he has
> faced adversity and won games in the face of it...
> He was a top 12 QB in the NFL last year on a new
> team, after a lockout, with a lame duck coach and
> a not so great offensive line play.. Moore might
> not be the answer but he is no slouch... I am
> pretty sure Flynn will not finish with 12 best Qb
> rating next year...

QB rating is irrelevant. It's why ESPN tried to come up with something to replace it. If Matt Moore was really the 12th best QB in the league last year, do you think we'd be so desperate to find someone else?

Since the season ended, Stephen Ross, Jeff Ireland, Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, and Jason Taylor have all said that they need an upgrade at the QB position. Why do you think that is? It's not because he was a top 12 QB last year.

People in Carolina thought Matt Moore was good, too. He won games in 2009, had a passer rating of 98.5, and a great 8/2 TD/INT ratio. And in spite of that performance, they drafted Jimmy Claussen. Clearly, the coaches weren't sold on him. And what did Moore do in 2010? It was a disaster. Be prepared for the same thing in 2012 in Miami.

There are basic things that he just isn't good at. He's been in the league for 5 years and started 25 games, so it's not a really small sample. He has no pocket presence. He doesn't sense the pass rush well at all. There were many times when the front side tackle (Colombo) got beat right off the snap, and Moore took a sack because he never saw it. He is a slow decision maker, holding on to the ball too long. He lacks arm strength and cannot make all the throws. And he makes one read, and then checks the ball down (check out his yards per attempt). And his accuracy is streaky. He's a nice backup. And he's better than some of the starters in the league. But, he's not even a top 20 QB.

Date: March 19, 2012 01:27PM

Well a NFL QB rating, takes into account all of the statistics, and rates QB's. WHile you might want to discredit it, it is widely used as the main statistic for judging QB play... And Matt Moore was graded out as the 12 best QB last year... So i respectfully disagree... Matt Moore is no slouch... and defintely a top 20 QB, actually 12th according to last years stats on espn.com

Date: March 19, 2012 02:05PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Well a NFL QB rating, takes into account all of
> the statistics, and rates QB's. WHile you might
> want to discredit it, it is widely used as the
> main statistic for judging QB play... And Matt
> Moore was graded out as the 12 best QB last
> year... So i respectfully disagree... Matt Moore
> is no slouch... and defintely a top 20 QB,
> actually 12th according to last years stats on
> espn.com

So, when a QB throws a perfect 15 yard pass to Brandon Marshall in the end zone, and Marshall drops it, you think that should be reflected in the QB rating? It is. It hurts his completion percentage, it hurts his yards per attempt, and it hurts his percentage of TDs, all key categories in QB rating. And yet, he did nothing wrong.

Do you think when a QB throws a garbage time TD against a team playing prevent defense in a 20 point blowout should see his QB rating go up?

Do you wonder why QB ratings today are so much higher than they were in the past? According to QB rating, Matt Moore's 2011 was better than Dan Marino's career.

Let's look at last year's first Buffalo game, a 35-8 win. A banner day for the offense, and a banner day for Matt Moore and his QB rating with 3 TD and 0 INT. But, reality is that two interceptions set us up for short fields, and we had a punt block for a TD. Really, the offense was underwhelming in that game. But, you would never know it from Moore's QB rating that day.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: October 07, 2013 02:07PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 08, 2013 04:40PM

well I was sure wrong on that one

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.