HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Omar on RG3, what we gave up for Bush, & stuff
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Omar on RG3, what we gave up for Bush, & stuff
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 09:32AM

I would rather give up Jake Long, this year's #1, and next year's 2 and 3. And be done with it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 10:14AM

I would rather give up next years #1 than Jake Long if it is between the two and I think that is a no brainer. What are the chances we get a player better than Jake Long in the first round next year? I would guess very very minimal.

However, I don't know the severity or potentially seriousness of his injuries and that could play a factor in his trade potential.

I think its pretty much a fact that we will have to give up this years first rounder and next years first rounder to move up for RGIII. The question is how much more than that we will have to give up.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 27, 2012 11:13AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
You're missing my point. Check our teams when we drafted those guys, not now.

> we are not deep at CB at all. We have been
> starting Vontae and Sean Smith since their rookie
> seasons. If we were deep then we would not need
> to start to very young players like that. Plus
> Jimmy Wilson, another rookie, started a few games
> for us this season. We have a few players with
> upside in the secondary but we are still not deep
> with proven talent. Vontae is good but Jimmy and
> Sean Smith are still very unproven.
When we drafted Vontae we still had Jason Allen, Will Allen, and Andre Goodman (who we let go).

> And Cam Wake is definitely valuable enough. Pass
> rushers are at an absolute premium and there are
> NOT a TON of guys who can play that position. Cam
> has a lot of value and he is still on his first
> deal which is ridiculously cheap.
Cam didn't have nearly the year this season he had last season. He's definitely a great player, but he has to look great to OTHER teams to have trade value. He doesn't.

> Also, who are you going to easily replace Carey
> with? John Jerry? Carey actually played pretty
> well at RG this year and I guarantee that John
> Jerry would be much worse. Or are you counting on
> finding a gem in the later rounds?
When we drafted Carey there were other options. He wasn't worth the level we drafted him at.

>
> By the way, there are probably very good players
> at every single position that have been taken
> outside the first round. The problem is that it
> is very hard to identify those players.
Which is why trading our 1st rounders for a sure-thing is better than gambling on other guys.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 11:51AM

I agree with your last point monty but that's about it.

Those CB's you mentioned are all average to below average. None are legitimate NFL starters.

Wake does have value to other teams. Are you saying because his sack numbers are down that he doesn't have value? Are you suggesting that all teams do is look at stats? No, they will look at the film and see that he is one of the best 3-4 OLB in the game. He played just as well this year as last year. He got a lot more attention from the other team this year and the coverage was so bad in the first few games that the QB only needed about 3 seconds to find an open guy.

I agree that Carey wasn't worth a first rounder but just because he didn't live up to his billing doesn't mean we should dump him. We have to consider keeping him because he is an above average RG as long as his salary demands are reasonable.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 27, 2012 07:20PM

Hey Panteraize, jolly good show chap... like i said i can respect a person who stays to his opinion. What really makes me laugh about this whole RG3 craze is that people are all jumping on his bandwagon after he won the heisman which means that they never watched him play during the regular season. So i dont know why the are in love with him cause his bowl game was not a very good showing on his part so i really dont understand how everyone wants to give up all there draft picks for him lol.

And yes mattie ice i also though would be a bust i think he threw like 20 picks in college and he got all the calls. In the pros he is looking like the real deal. I still remember his first pass to i think roddy white, a lazer that went for like a 75 yard TD. Yeah ice ice baby lol. i also was wrong about the kid.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 27, 2012 08:05PM

Wrong about RGIII as well. His size is my only concern.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.