HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Food for thought...Sparano
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Food for thought...Sparano
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 08, 2011 12:12PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 08, 2011 05:06PM

How can you call Sparano a joke and be expected to be taken seriously?

The guy has made a significant change in how things are done and it has resulted in the team developing a chemistry, and dominating opponents.

If you come on and say " yes, but it is too little too late", I can respect that kind of logic. But when you come and spew hyperbolic generalizations its kind of hard to keep reading your whole post.

This is Tony's first year without Parcells. You can chose to ignore that fact...but it doesn't make it go away.

He didn't draft Henne.
He wasn't given anyone to challenge Henne.
He fired Henning, but Ross's Harbaugh trip made it next to impossible to recruit an established OC.

These re not opinions. They are facts.

He will be judged by how this season ends. 8-8 with convincing wins and he stays.

No Joke

Date: December 08, 2011 05:49PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 08, 2011 06:29PM

What revolt...there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that there was a revolt. Players making suggestions to a coach they're trying to KEEP is not a revolt. These players are giving it all they got right now for a coach that THEY LOVE.

There is more cohesiveness in that locker room, on the field, and everywhere else right now with this team than what there has been for a long time.

The only people complaining about anything right now are some fans, and that's because this team finally started banging too late for THEIR liking. If it keeps up and carries over and these guys keep banging from the beginning of next season and keep it going, then so be it. How can that not be a good thing?

Date: December 08, 2011 06:40PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 08, 2011 06:52PM

Show me the transcript where it was actually called a revolt without sarcasm on the stenographers part & I'll eat my crow.

Coaches having a meeting with players and listening to what they have to say shows that trust, honesty, & communication are highly valued.

Date: December 08, 2011 09:45PM

I guess you didn't get it, did you? The stenographer part IS THE POINT!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 09, 2011 05:05AM

Belicheck had Brady backing up Bledsoe until he got lucky and Bledsoe got hurt..... just sayin

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 09, 2011 05:38AM

There was obviously some kind of “player backlash,” and even though I used the word (in a prior post) “revolt,” it was sarcastic. No one with a reasonable mind (ChyrenB?) believes there was a subversive mutiny against Sparano. But yes, there was a significant event and it led to what appears to be some positive outcome.

Subsequent feedback has reported the players are offering input into practice and game planning. My first impression of this was kind of curious, and specifically I wondered if this type of dynamic proved successful in the past? The resounding answer is YES! In fact the best coaches lean on their insiders (team leaders) as a means of coaching from a peer level. And more than that, the feedback into game plans etc. creates significantly more player accountability. So it can work, and it is sustainable (based on vets on the roster who have the HC’s back and are willing to implement his directives at the player level).

We have a few guys who fit that spec now (Dansby, Taylor, Bell), and I’m assuming it will be a priority to develop those kind of “relationships” in the future in order to sustain the network. But it IS a design that can work IMO, and it certainly builds a tight team dynamic – which more often than not leads to winning consistently.

Date: December 09, 2011 08:32AM

A rose by any other name, BNF.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.