HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          If we win the division...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
If we win the division...
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 08, 2008 08:55AM

Poll
Which team would you like to host or think we have the best chance of beating
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
27 votes were received.
Ravens 5

19%
Colts 7

26%
Jets 11

41%
Pats 4

14%

Honestly I dont like the idea of hosting any of them but we gotta play someone...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If we win the division...
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 08, 2008 09:09AM

Put me down for the $HITS.

Date: December 08, 2008 09:48AM

weird as it may sound I think we would have the best chance against the colts.

Ravens already put it on us rather convincingly
Pats just threw all over us in our house
We are a better ball club than that jets but karma is not on our side

That leaves the colts... lets hope the dolphin gods are smiling upon us.

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: December 08, 2008 10:00AM

The Jets.

The Ravens' defense is too tough, Randy Moss dominates us, and I wouldn't ever want to face anyone named Manning.

Favre is good, but relies too much on risky plays and makes plenty of mistakes to make our secondary look good...even when its not.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 08, 2008 10:27AM

I vote for the Ravens. I would rather face a team that isn't as powerfull in the passing game...ala Colts, Jets.

Besides, I want payback for the bad game we played against the Ravens earlier in the year. We are a better team now and have a better chance of hosting that game. Besides, if the Pats are in, we probably are not.

If all goes right, we get payback against the Jets the last game of the season. We already beat the Pats and I'll take Indy as long as we are playing them in the AFC Championship.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 08, 2008 10:39AM

If we win the division, I doubt the Jets or Pats will even make the playoffs.

Date: December 08, 2008 10:49AM

Also...if we win the division, we will be the 3rd seed in the playoffs that could look like this...

Tennessee & Pitsburgh will get a bye.

Wildcard weekend...

#6 Baltimore @ #3 Miami (Miami win)
#5 Indy @ #4 Denver (Indy win)

That would pit...

#5 Indy @ #1 Tennessee
#3 Miami @ #2 Pittsburgh

.....................................................................................

Date: December 08, 2008 10:54AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we win the division, I doubt the Jets or Pats
> will even make the playoffs.

I agree but at this junction I had to include all likely possibilities. Anyhow if you look at the ravens schedule: Pittsburg, @Dallas, Jacs they could very well lose 2 of 3 and if the pats and/or jets win 2 of 3 (in the event we win the division) one of those 2 would be in as a 6 seed.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 09, 2008 03:57PM

I think we can beat the colts. The jets have our number. The ravens have a great defense and new england will be very tough in the playoffs.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: December 09, 2008 04:51PM

If we win the division, then we already beat the Jets in what might as well be called a playoff game.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 09, 2008 04:58PM

I just can't decide. Pick your poison I guess.

Put me down for the COLTS. I wanna see MANNING wear the field.

Date: December 09, 2008 05:00PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2008 06:19PM

It doesn't matter. I will be cheering us to win, but expecting to lose. After last year, If we make the playoffs - its like winning the Super Bowl, just like the Giants winning the Super Bowl was like winning the Super Bowl last year.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2008 06:28PM

Date: December 10, 2008 04:10AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Jets don't have our number any more than Eva
> Mendez has mine. That's bull.
>
> That is because you don't spell here name right.
> I use an "s" and she always returns my calls.

Give her my number, will ya? and tell her I'm sorry about last night. I had no idea Gisele was coming over, but she was tired of getting the short end of the stick from gimpy.

Date: December 10, 2008 04:14AM

Date: December 10, 2008 06:00AM

When a game played comes down to the final play of the game and it is played by two teams that have completely retooled their rosters, staff included...having the others number is not possible. It's not like we have been playing games for 10 years with Fiedler vs Testeverde...or Marino vs Obrien.

It was the first game for Favre vs Pennington and Sparano vs Mangini. If they sweep us this year and next, then we can start talking about them having our number.

and we will beat them in week 17...on their home turf...as Pennington throws for 350 yards and 3 TD's to Favre's 1 TD 3 INT for 191 yards and 5 sacks.

Date: December 10, 2008 07:21AM

I forgot when was the last time we beat the jets.

That counts as them having our number.

It doesnt matter who is coaching or who are the players. The fact is they swept us i think for the last 8 or 9 years. We might have squeezed a game here and there but the fact is their organization dominated the phins for quite a while now.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 10, 2008 11:13AM

Date: December 10, 2008 12:22PM

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 10, 2008 03:54PM

IMO it will most likely be Raven or Patriots, if Miami wins out.

I think Miami can beat the Ravens, Miami fell behind Pennington's Int for TD returns and was forced to play catch up against the Raven Great defense. I think in a close game they have a chance to win.

As for the Patriots, I am of the opinion, Matt Cassell played the game of his season (and perhaps career) against the Dolphins. I have seen him play before and seen him play since and he never has been that accurate and effective. Everything was clicking for him that day, I think in a rematch Miami could take them, especially since the Patriots have suffered more defensive injuries.

Date: December 10, 2008 06:01PM

This week will tell a lot about the AFC wildcard.

Pit @ Bal could go either way. If Pit wins they should wrap up the division. Pit could lose the final two games vs Ten and Cle and still win because they would have swept the Ravens . Bal falls to 9-5 and still holds a half game advantage for the wildcard over Miami, assuming we beat SF. They would have a 7-4 conference record with Miami having a 6-4 record.

If Bal wins, Pit still holds a one game advantage in the conference but then they have to travel to Tennessee. ouch! Pit is beat up and having trouble running the ball.

The Jets have lost all 3 games on the west coast and travel to Seattle next week for the upset of the week.

The Pats are 2-1 on the west coast after going there last week. They go back again this week for the 4th time to face the Raiders and then come back for Arizona and Buffalo.

The Raiders lost to Buffalo by 1 point, lost to Miami by two points and beat the Jets by 3 in OT.

Too much travel and too many injuries catch up with them this week and NE loses in Oakland in the upset of the week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.