HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cam Newton
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cam Newton
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 11, 2011 03:42PM

Nah,

I think Newton and Gabbert will be the only good ones in this draft.

I have said that from the get-go.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 03:53PM

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: September 12, 2011 07:11AM

The Panthers lost the game to the Arizona Cardinals. Who cares about impressive stats. All that matters is the W.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 12, 2011 07:43AM

sleekdogg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Panthers lost the game to the Arizona
> Cardinals. Who cares about impressive stats. All
> that matters is the W.

Hi sleekdogg, I see that you're relatively new here. Unfortunately, a W is not enough in these parts.

The collective "hivemind" of this phorum sets unrealistic expectations upon players. We are EXPERTS at hindsight and MASTERS at focusing on the negatives.

As you'll see later tonight, whether we beat the piss out of the Pats, or get the piss beaten out of us, you can bet that there will be topics about a poor throw, or a dropped INT, a blown coverage, etc...

We Dolphins phans are the reigning champions of the "Most Fickle Fans: NFL" division. We DEMAND flawless performances. To play otherwise is to insult us for life. Believe me, we never forget.

To put this in perspective, here is how this board (collectively) demands Chad Henne play tonight:

30/30 600yrds 8TDs 0INTs
150 rush yards, 3TDs
150 rec yards, 8TDs (he has to catch his own TD passes)

50 tackles (all for losses), 25 sacks (must force fumbles on all), and 5 interceptions (we DEMAND Henne pressure Brady enough that he can really only manage 5 throws...all to the hands of Chad Henne.)

1 Kick return TD, 5+ punt return TDs.

Any other performance is a failure.

Welcome to the hivemind!

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: September 12, 2011 07:53AM

Don't forget that Chad also has to sell 15 bags of popcorn during half time in sections 215 and 217.

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: September 12, 2011 08:15AM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sleekdogg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Panthers lost the game to the Arizona
> > Cardinals. Who cares about impressive stats.
> All
> > that matters is the W.
>
>
> Hi sleekdogg, I see that you're relatively new
> here. Unfortunately, a W is not enough in these
> parts.
>
> The collective "hivemind" of this phorum sets
> unrealistic expectations upon players. We are
> EXPERTS at hindsight and MASTERS at focusing on
> the negatives.
>
> As you'll see later tonight, whether we beat the
> piss out of the Pats, or get the piss beaten out
> of us, you can bet that there will be topics about
> a poor throw, or a dropped INT, a blown coverage,
> etc...
>
> We Dolphins phans are the reigning champions of
> the "Most Fickle Fans: NFL" division. We DEMAND
> flawless performances. To play otherwise is to
> insult us for life. Believe me, we never forget.
>
> To put this in perspective, here is how this board
> (collectively) demands Chad Henne play tonight:
>
> 30/30 600yrds 8TDs 0INTs
> 150 rush yards, 3TDs
> 150 rec yards, 8TDs (he has to catch his own TD
> passes)
>
> 50 tackles (all for losses), 25 sacks (must force
> fumbles on all), and 5 interceptions (we DEMAND
> Henne pressure Brady enough that he can really
> only manage 5 throws...all to the hands of Chad
> Henne.)
>
> 1 Kick return TD, 5+ punt return TDs.
>
> Any other performance is a failure.
>
> Welcome to the hivemind!

LMAO!!! TheFutt that is the post of the year. It has it all: humor,truth,and sadness.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 12, 2011 08:19AM

I'm curious if anyone here would trade Henne straight-up for Cam Newton?

I think…maybe…perhaps…hell yes…I WOULD!

I don’t know if he’s going to be a “super star,” but he’s got all the talent to do it.

IMO his opening game was very impressive. He showed the stage isn’t too big for him to handle. But we all know one game proves nothing. Let’s see how he progresses throughout the season and then make a determination.

But yea, the opening act was very encouraging for the Panthers.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 12, 2011 08:28AM

Sleekdogg,

Of course all that matters is the W.

But if we are not allowed to talk about a certain players individual statistics, especially giving that its the #1 overall picks first NFL game.....

then what are we supposed to talk about?

I guess since Futt is the know-it-all, just ask him.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 12, 2011 08:43AM

I think it’s utterly ignorant to judge a football players performance just on wins and losses. The NFL may be a fixed league, and a corporate love festival, but the game is still the ultimate team game.

It’s like the assholes who discount Dan Marino because he never won a Super Bowl. That kind of nonsense is great for simple-minded drones who look at everything in black and white.

BNF.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 12, 2011 09:25AM

I agree. Just look at Manning/Brady. Brady has a better winning percentage and more championships, but when he went down in 2009 the Pats pretty much didn't lose a beat with Matt Cassell...lending credence to the theory that the Pats don't rely that heavily on the QB. They're a solidly built team overall.

On the other hand, without Manning on Sunday Indy looked putrid. Manning's been carrying that team for YEARS!! Sure he has only 1 Superbowl, but he's played with a weak defense, weak running game, and weak O-Line through different periods of his career. Brady hasn't really had to do that.

So, who do you take between the 2 in their prime? I take Manning, hands-down.

Date: September 12, 2011 09:30AM

Manning is a real football player. Brady is not.

NE is a "manufactured" team with fake SB trophies and a lifetime achievement award in the Cheaters Hall of Shame.

And of course, they have Billygoat, the Obi-Wan Kenobi of cheating!

Beyond that, I don’t care for them.

BNF.

Date: September 12, 2011 09:42AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 09:51AM

marino sucked because he never won the SB

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:07AM

Hello folks it's good that the dolphins have a game tonight, and we get back to football. To Aqua and Berkley you guys are ready to place Scam in the HOF based on game by a rookie who won't ever play that well again once teams figure out what he does best, and shut him down. I'll stick with my prediction out of the league in 4 years and not much else to show for his failure, but a depleted bank account by his father and all of his new friends. The Cardinals won the game, and Kolb was the better QB. Scam you better get use to losing because your team will do it alot while your playing for them you wretch. I watched was not impressed, and I still belive that he will be the biggest bust out of the 2011 draft class. Ok Scam prove me wrong because I don't think you can son. He did most of his passing on the run and not in the pocket. You can't play Qb in this league if your to scared to stay in the pocket and throw the damn ball.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:20AM

Can't play QB unless you stay in the pocket? Hahahahahahahhahaahahhaha!

I don't care about Cam Newton one way or another, but a serious question...Do you even watch this sport?

Posted by: CanalByJoeRobbie ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:29AM

I mean yall sayin hate..if you hate a person youre not gonna be fair in your view of their skills or play. I think Tebow needs a shot dont know how he'll turn out. Cam got a shot so far he took advantage, hes throwing the ball from the pocket which many said he cant do period. But if you hate the guy your opinion is slanted anyway. Tebow or Cam...i like both tho

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:56AM

finshady I remain astounded at the depth of your dislike for newton. he must have done something to you personally

Date: September 12, 2011 01:00PM

It's the Auburn people the way the would sell their soul to the devil to win the national championship like they did by given Scam's father a bag load of money. It's the win at all cost no matter the consequences that I can't stand about Auburn or Alabama for that matter. Do you guys realize that Scam would not even be allowed in many of the homes of the fans that root for him on Saturdays. The good ole boys at Auburn gave him what he and his father wanted CASH, and for that I can't stand Scam Auburn his father the whole freaking state and their dumb ass redneck fans. They don't even care abour Scam thay used him, and he used them. Other than that I have no problem with the Auburn fans. So their you have it folks the story will break soon about the scandal involving Scam while he was Auburn, and their national championship will be history. Could not happen to a better bunch of cheaters.

Date: September 12, 2011 01:39PM

Date: September 12, 2011 01:48PM

I like Stanford where if your'e not smart you don't get in and you can't play period. I have not heard of one scandal involving that school. It proves to me you can have both smart athletes, and a clean program who would of though that?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.