HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Stop the sensationalism
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stop the sensationalism
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 13, 2011 06:49AM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The funny thing is that realistic people battle
> this same argument every year.
>
> After his first year, the excuse was "He's a
> rookie, and is bound to make mistakes. Give him
> time."
>
> Then after his second year, the excuse was "He's
> still finding his way. The third year is the true
> test. Even Peyton Manning needed 3 years."
>
> Then after his third year, the excuse was "Our
> line was bad, and so was the gameplan, so its not
> Henne's fault."
>
> So what's the excuse going to be this year when he
> fails

Other then the part that says "its not Henne's fault", this whole post is 100% accurate. Some fans (myself included) have thought/prayed that he's #13 reincarnated, he will never be that, can he become consistent enough to be a winner? Looking doubtful, but not out of the question. Way too early to tell right now though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: August 13, 2011 06:53AM

If he showed constant improvement I would also say its to early, but hey maybe all the problems we have had have caused him to regress.. He looked really good in his first few starts, and I did get excited also about him. But seems like a distant memory..

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 13, 2011 06:55AM

We are known nationally as an idiot fan base. With topics like this, we are only validating that label. The whining and crying and knee jerk reactions about last night are a joke, and so are the people who are crying.

It's preseason, you sandy vagina'd babies. You know a fraction about what there is to know about winning in football, so stop complaining about stuff you know nothing about.

Date: August 13, 2011 06:58AM

Hey I cleaned all the sand out of my Vagina... LOL

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 07:02AM

I hope our opening game with the PATS is not an embarassment

Date: August 13, 2011 07:23AM

I think our D will keep us in the Game, and maybe the O can step it up and get it done... Hit Brady enough and he is a very different QB..

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 08:18AM

Last night Bob Griese said it best, that it took him 4 years before he started puting up decent numbers and he also pointed out a similar trend for Elway and other SB QBs.
For christsakes this place is starting to stink what with all the "so called" fans shitting their pants over two ints in a meaningless scrimage.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 13, 2011 08:29AM

Perspective. In a normal offseason, last night's opener would have come after about 40 practices, including all of the OTA work. Instead, it came after 10 practices. And to magnify it, we are putting in a whole new offense. It can take teams a couple of months into the regular season to have a new offense clicking. And we are talking about a game after 10 practices. More perspective? Marshall, Long, and Bush did not play. The o-line featured 4 new starters, when you factor in Carey playing a position he has not played since college. And one of the starters is a rookie, playing center, a position he played just one year at in college. And another starter, Colombo, has been with the team for a week. And the offense is trying to incorporate 4 rookies into the mix. Trying to read much into last night's game is pretty pointless.

Date: August 13, 2011 08:37AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> Perspective. In a normal offseason, last night's
> opener would have come after about 40 practices,
> including all of the OTA work. Instead, it came
> after 10 practices. And to magnify it, we are
> putting in a whole new offense. It can take teams
> a couple of months into the regular season to have
> a new offense clicking. And we are talking about a
> game after 10 practices. More perspective?
> Marshall, Long, and Bush did not play. The o-line
> featured 4 new starters, when you factor in Carey
> playing a position he has not played since
> college. And one of the starters is a rookie,
> playing center, a position he played just one year
> at in college. And another starter, Colombo, has
> been with the team for a week. And the offense is
> trying to incorporate 4 rookies into the mix.
> Trying to read much into last night's game is
> pretty pointless.

I agree, the only reason I used last nights game was It was brought up in Defense of Henne... That was not a good argument to defend him.. I base my opinion on the past 2 years... Not last night... I am not ready to lynch the guy, just think we need to find a replacement for him next year... This is pure Opinion and not based on any tangible fact...

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 13, 2011 09:57AM

OMG what a broken record.

Someone keeps feeding the village idiots
and right away they have a Henne hernia.

Get freaking over it. The dude sucks moth balls.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 13, 2011 10:14AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 10:48AM

AS Omar said recently, at the end of the Day it is time for
"LOVE the One your With"

Henne played what 7 plays tops. Fasano messed up the first play, which should have been a nice gain, then Bess ran the wrong route, and the defensive player made a great play. Then he had a short 3 yard pass to Bess, then he ran 8 yards for a first down on 3 rd down, then He threw a nice pass to Daniel Thomas who had a large gain, then he threw a 40 yard TD pass to Hartline, when he read the defense casue the atalnta safety moved up tight... And that is all that happened?

How is it the end of the world as we know it? As others said, if you want to hate on Henne you are going to do it, no matter what... Does that add anything positive to our beloved team and supporting the Dolphins or bring anything new to the table within this community..
No? Then why do it, other then if you have an ego and want to see yourself type or hear yourself talk... Seriously, Why dont we create a sticker page and everyone that hates Henne and wants to say how awfully he is over an over again can just post it all in one spot. So I dont have to weed through the garbage to get to some intelligent meaningful and insightful post...The reason this site is so good, the smart and insight so many around here bring to the table, not the simple minded hating...

Date: August 13, 2011 10:59AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Last night Bob Griese said it best, that it took
> him 4 years before he started puting up decent
> numbers and he also pointed out a similar trend
> for Elway and other SB QBs.
> For christsakes this place is starting to stink
> what with all the "so called" fans shitting their
> pants over two ints in a meaningless scrimage.

And there you have it^^^^^^ This years excuse is it Took Bob griese 4 yrs.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 13, 2011 11:03AM

I'm so sick of all this.

WE GET IT! You hate him. You think he's terrible. End of story. But what is the point of droning onnnn and onnnnn and onnnnnnn about how awful Henne is, how terrible we're going to be, how screwed we are, etc. etc. etc. etc. Why do that? Are the coaches going to hear you and decide to draft a QB next year or pick up the phone and make a blockbuster trade for a veteran to play this season?

What is the point of constantly lamenting about how terrible he is and how bad we're going to be because of it? You think any of us are super confident in him? No, but we're holding out hope. Hoping for the best, looking at our team that has sooo many bright spots in other places with all the new additions and guys coming back from injury and thinking that if Henne can do a solid job even, we can be playoff bound. I'm too excited about Miami Dolphins football to obsess and cry to everyone about how doomed we are with Henne at the helm. I'd rather just cheer for us, be positive, and hold out hope Henne plays well. That's all I can do at this point. Whining ain't gunna do $hit!

I'm sick of hearing it, especially at the dawn of a new season, essentially the one time that a fan can have unbridled enthusiasm for the upcoming season, high expectations, and a ton of excitement.

I know there are concerns about Henne's play. You may turn out to be right about everything, and Henne could be a disaster this year. But until that becomes a reality, right now all everyone else is saying, is that it's just the preseason, it's a new offense, 3 of our big time offensive weapons weren't out there, and he was only out there for a few throws. He may not have been completely warmed up to the game and settled in. I think the fact that he came back with that 44 yard TD to Hartline was a good example of him settling down and starting to execute and being unphased by those early struggles. That's encouraging to see regardless of who was playing defense at the time.

So he went 4-for-8, 77 yards, TD, 2 INTs. Hopefully we'll see him be more consistent as the preseason goes on and continues that into the season. If not, we'll obviously be looking for a QB next year. But until then, I'm just going to be a fan and cheer for the Phins instead of wallowing in despair.

Date: August 13, 2011 11:31AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 11:50AM

I agree 100 percent Panterize!

Treasure-
If saying Chad Henne sucks everyday, was going to help our football team this season, I would do it everyday and twice on sunday, but the truth is , it is just people venting their frustrations, it doesnt do shit, but create negativity on a page filled with diehard DOlfan fans..... That is just crap, so we all just create a bunch of negative energy about and around our team... What use is that? TO try and hurt our team... No one is hearing anyone. Omar Kelly the author of the blog ,hates Chad Henne, has always hated him, you can post Omar crying like a little girl about Henne everyday..
If Matt Moore is better and he wins the starting job, great, but if Henne is our QB, you support him, especially in preseason, when the guy hasnt lost a game and help lead our team through an offseason with no FO....
Our team went down 17-0... RIght, in the first preseason game with a new offensive system, no Jake Long, No Brandon Marshall and No Reggie Bush, running a vanilla system, and players not being on the same page.... Come on...
Most people said Henne couldnt throw the longblall, well I watched him throw a 44 yard pass for a TD...Wasnt that nice? SOmethng to feel good about... That was what made it 17-7, and Henne was pulled after the TD...
If all you guys plan on doing is posting hate on henne and our team all year, I might as well hang up my hat around here, and find another site..

Date: August 13, 2011 12:09PM

So we are less Diehart because we choose to voice what is actually in out hearts and our minds?

Chad Henne had every oppourtunity to kick me in the teeth last night. I would have WELCOMED IT. Didn't happen. FIRST FRICKEN THROW was a disaster. Was the INT his fault? No. But More catches from him seem to be uncatchable then any other QB. Besides his performance, He does not seem to have a precense in the huddle or the respect of his Team mates.

Go stick your head in the sand. That will help this team just as much?

Enjoyed the heck out of last nights game. WAY more positives then negatives. But Chad henne continues to struggle. Thats a FACT Jack.
I will continue to obey the rules here and speak my mind. Sorry if I intimadate you.

Date: August 13, 2011 12:32PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> So we are less Diehart because we choose to voice
> what is actually in out hearts and our minds?

No, all it means is that at some point you need to just STFU and cheer for your team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2011 12:36PM by Panteraize.

Date: August 13, 2011 12:37PM

Date: August 13, 2011 12:41PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 13, 2011 01:22PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> If all you guys plan on doing is posting hate on
> henne and our team all year, I might as well hang
> up my hat around here, and find another site..

I might be right behind you Crowder, this board is getting unbearable with all the whiny little beeches repeating the same thing over and over.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 13, 2011 05:28PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Last night Bob Griese said it best, that it took
> him 4 years before he started puting up decent
> numbers and he also pointed out a similar trend
> for Elway and other SB QBs.

It also took him 4 years to get Don Shula as his coach, but point taken.

Date: August 14, 2011 06:29AM

Panteraize Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So we are less Diehart because we choose to
> voice
> > what is actually in out hearts and our minds?
>
>
>
> No, all it means is that at some point you need to
> just STFU and cheer for your team.

That appraoch has worked well for the last 40 yrs.........

Man Mr Ross Loves Losers like You. Pay and cheer NO MATTER what kind of product I put on the feild. Why should he EVER try to win? With Fans like you he can make more money and screw you over ever year. Maybe you need to move to Detroit where the Culture there is to just accept LOSING. Don't know you , but if you accept mediocrity in your Life thats up to you. I kinda strive for better in everything I do. I like to WIN. I also hold those like the Dolphins up to a higher standard. This past decade has been dispicable. This is not the Miami Dolphins we have grown up Loving. They need to be accountable and they need to put a better product on the feild. Its that simple. You think your being a Good fan? Your an ENABLER! I better EDIT it at this point. You losers can't handle the truth.

Once again, A Ton of positives the other night. But Henne (AGAIN)was not one of them.

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: August 14, 2011 09:18AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Panteraize Wrote:
> -----
> > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > So we are less Diehart because we choose to
> > voice
> > > what is actually in out hearts and our minds?
>
> >
> >
> >
> > No, all it means is that at some point you need
> to
> > just STFU and cheer for your team.
>
>
>
>
> That appraoch has worked well for the last 40
> yrs.........
>
> Man Mr Ross Loves Losers like You. Pay and cheer
> NO MATTER what kind of product I put on the feild.
> Why should he EVER try to win? With Fans like you
> he can make more money and screw you over ever
> year. Maybe you need to move to Detroit where the
> Culture there is to just accept LOSING. Don't know
> you , but if you accept mediocrity in your Life
> thats up to you. I kinda strive for better in
> everything I do. I like to WIN. I also hold those
> like the Dolphins up to a higher standard. This
> past decade has been dispicable. This is not the
> Miami Dolphins we have grown up Loving. They need
> to be accountable and they need to put a better
> product on the feild. Its that simple. You think
> your being a Good fan? Your an ENABLER! I better
> EDIT it at this point. You losers can't handle the
> truth.
>
> Once again, A Ton of positives the other night.
> But Henne (AGAIN)was not one of them.

What's mediocre is your grammar. I love how you are portraying yourself to be an all-star; however, you can't even master English. Get over yourself, loser.

Date: August 14, 2011 09:41AM

You CONTINUE to miss the point. It has nothing to do with "thinking I'm being a good fan" in the eyes of Stephen Ross by ignoring our QB issues. I don't give a $hit what Dolphins ownership thinks of me as a fan or wants me to do. I'm not trying to "fall in line" and I'm not out to please anybody. And this ridiculousness about me "enabling" the front office, you really have an inflated sense of yourself as a fan, thinking that your emotions about the team will somehow affect what the FO does. Everything you said is nonsense. The only thing that motivates me to cheer for my team (which Jesus Christ I can't believe I have to rationalize to you, shame on you) is that I'm a fan and the Miami Dolphins are a source of joy in my life. Obviously when they're losing it's painful, but it's really simple...

At the beginning of the year, I look at our team and identify the things to get excited about (rookies we drafted, free agent signings, guys coming off injury, new schemes, etc.) and identify areas of concern that I have (major changes to the O-line, Henne coming off a disappointing season and giving us reason to be concerned about this upcoming season) and I digest all that, take the good with the bad, hope we're good this year like any other fan does, and start getting excited for the season to start.

And for doing this you call me a loser. But you're the loser. I'm not the one whining and crying like a 4 year old girl about how our QB is the worst in the world and we're never going to win 1 game and blah blah blah and throwing a tantrum because management didnt pull the trigger on a journeyman QB or draft a kid they didn't believe in. You've already resigned yourself to failure for christ sake! But I'm the loser. eye rolling smiley

I mean, really you're a complete joke. You're essentially arguing to me that we shouldn't cheer for the Dolphins because our QB sucks and management did nothing to change that. Literally the only argument I've made is that I'm a fan of this team and I want them to succeed so in spite of any concerns I have about weaknesses on this team, I'm going to continue cheering for them and hoping we play well. And you criticize me for that.

Because instead of being excited for our season to start you want me to be resentful and negative, instead of looking at all the exciting new positive developments, you want me to panic, instead of being hopeful you want me to be resigned to failure, instead of cheering for the Miami Dolphins, you want me to boo them. Dolphaholic, Crowder52, ghotirule, and everyone else who's equally sick of hearing you and anyone who shares your poisonous attitude as I am, are right to be fed up with your loser mentality. It's pathetic. So like I said before there’s nothing you can do about the situation, so at some point you need to just STFU and cheer for your team. If not, I guess you can give up on the Dolphins and refuse to cheer for them.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: August 14, 2011 09:49AM

Some people on this board just can't get away from the "I'm a better fan than you" attitude. It's pathetic.

We all cheer for the same team. We all want the same thing. Some people simply have a different view on players/coaches. Expressing that view does not make anyone a lesser fan, and thinking in those terms is ignorant.

Date: August 14, 2011 01:57PM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
> Some people on this board just can't get away from
> the "I'm a better fan than you" attitude. It's
> pathetic.
>
> We all cheer for the same team. We all want the
> same thing. Some people simply have a different
> view on players/coaches. Expressing that view does
> not make anyone a lesser fan, and thinking in
> those terms is ignorant.

Best Post in this thread yet!!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 14, 2011 02:40PM

Hey, one thing that must be considered is a logical point. To the same extent there are those trying to say cut Henne some slack for his performance given this is a preseason game and he is working with a new center,......................doesn't it occur that Matt Moore is in a completely new city and is working with a completely new team, in fact, one that he just joined a week or so ago, right?

But I do say that Henne has the rest of the preseason to prove himself but if he does not, we should not wait until he screws up the game against New England to then put in Matt Moore the next week because then we will be one down to our number 1 rival within the division and since that game is our home, in order to make it up, we would have to beat them on their own home ground.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 14, 2011 02:46PM

ghotirule Wrote:
> Just saw the play, and you really gotta hate Henne
> to hang the first INT on him. The ball literally
> hit both Fasano's hands, went through them, then
> hit Fasano's jersey between the numbers, then
> bounced off his pads.
>
> Perhaps you could critique his decision to throw
> to a TE that can't catch.

The key is to get Henne to stop slathering the ball in Vaseline!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 14, 2011 03:24PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey, one thing that must be considered is a
> logical point. To the same extent there are those
> trying to say cut Henne some slack for his
> performance given this is a preseason game and he
> is working with a new
> center,......................doesn't it occur that
> Matt Moore is in a completely new city and is
> working with a completely new team, in fact, one
> that he just joined a week or so ago, right?
>

But, keep in mind, Moore has been playing in a version of this same offensive system since he came into the league in 2007. The team and city may be new to him, but the system is not.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.