HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tonights pre Season recap........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tonights pre Season recap........
Date: August 12, 2011 07:12PM

I gotta say , I throughly enjoyed that game tonight. More enjoyable then anything I can remember in a long time. I know its just Pre season and doesn't mean squat , but I really enjoyed seeing so many young unknowns going for it and pulling off the win.

I really really was going to give Chad Henne a break. I was (and am still ) pulling for the guy......but its becoming quite apparent this guy is not worthy. The First INT was not his fault, but what is it about his throws that makes so many players drop passes? Seems like his throws are almost uncatchable. For a guy with only 2 weeks of playbook time, Moore looked Sharp. This is what the Pre Season is about. Game 1 Goes to Moore.

Wilson was killing it. Jared Odrick and A.J. Edds looked every bit like the high draft picks they were last year. I gotta give it to Irlend on his defensive Player picks. Looks like he found us some serious weapons.

I just don't understand why they are still so attached to Henne. It has to be Ross looking out for his College bretheran. It makes no other sense to me.

I had a great time tonight though. WAY more Positive then negatives. Hopefully they can work them out in practice and improve every week. It was Fun to watch. Long Live the Mad Dog! Go Miami Dolphins!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonights pre Season recap........
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 12, 2011 07:33PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 12, 2011 08:43PM

I hate any of you that got to actually watch the game.

I am having serious withdrawals here....and I live in friggin Florida....

Jk...at least I get to watch the 3rd ps game in person..

Go Phins!

I will say this....we have a lot of talent on this team and it has been built the right way for the most part....

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 13, 2011 02:43AM

eesti,

why couldnt you watch the game??

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 02:51AM

I was happy with the team for the most part... We are working a new offense and the Oline was pretty much attrocious IMO..
The pass to Bess that was picked off, was good learning experience for Henne and running that play, as well the defensive player made and unbelievavle play as well... THe 40 yard TD to Harline, was sweet, and something our offense missed last year. Daniel THomas also looked great catching the ball out of the backfield on the play before which set up the TD pass to Hartline... Our offense is much more dynamic and unpredicatable. I think Henne and Moore, looked fine, especially compared to watching Orton the other night unable to score... That is what I found funny, as soon as Orton didnt blow people away in Denver first preseason, all the talk immediately turned to Mallett against a third string defense...

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 13, 2011 03:28AM

The poor play of the o-line was very discouraging. And it carried over into the second unit, too. Jerry was still out there in the 4th quarter, getting beat repeatedly by guys who won't even make the Falcons' roster.

I wonder if they make a bigger push for Shaun O'Hara this week.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 04:14AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its the 1st pre-season game. No schemes or
> preparation. No Jake Long, No Marshall, No
> Bush.
>

Yup thats it right there.....bush and marshall might account for
at least 60 percent of the offense. Even more.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 04:42AM

I think people will be surprised how much Moore pushes henne. he looked much more poised and comfortable and made some nice passes to Wallace, Gates and Epps i think

With a WR corp of Marshall, Bess, hartline, Wallace, Moore, Gates and Bush & Clay, that isn't bad.

If i were Daboll I would try to move Hartline for Evan Moore. This guy is going to be a sleeper with a good QB and can play TE or WR, but cleveland may not want to part with him

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 04:45AM

The rookie RB whats his name had a play that impressed me...The pass out of the backfield and then he accelerated and got a first down....He has pretty good speed for a running back. He looks lean and tall...looked like a wr on that play.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 13, 2011 05:32AM

Guys, get to Church ASAP! The world must be coming to a horific end if Treasure is posting something positivespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: August 13, 2011 05:52AM

Thats what happens when you live in or around Port St Lucie ( I am assuming from the name) you start to lose it and forget what side you are on..... Just messing with ya Treasure....

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 06:29AM

I know exactly what you mean EESTI....I retired to Florida thinking I was gonna get my beloved Phins on TV all the time....surprise....Saints this and Saints that....I have to get the ticket to see my PHINS.

Date: August 13, 2011 06:32AM

PHINSKISS13 Wrote:
> I know exactly what you mean EESTI....I retired to
> Florida thinking I was gonna get my beloved Phins
> on TV all the time....surprise....Saints this and
> Saints that....I have to get the ticket to see my
> PHINS.

Did you not move South enough????

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 06:45AM

I'm in NW Florida...Where's "South Enough"?....lived in the Keys and Miami from 70-74.

Date: August 13, 2011 06:56AM

To see the games on local TV... I think East coast Treasure Coast is the cut off for the Phins being your local team... Well you will just have to drive down to the game and Tailgate with us every week.... Will save a seat at the table for ya... and keep some beer cold...

Date: August 13, 2011 10:34AM

Treasure Coast runs from Martin County to Vero Beach. winking smiley
The Cutoff for South Fla. officially Ends at the St Lucie County /Indain River County Line.

That all said, I do feel like a Minority being a fins fan here sometimes. No different then my days growing up in NYC. Further fuels my hatred for the Stinkin Jets and the Pats. But the difference between the Pats and the Jets is I respect The Pats.

And they Got MALLET Goddamitt! But I feel better watching Moore. For 2 weeks he really impressed. We have some playmakers on this Team. Lots of fun to watch.

Date: August 13, 2011 01:54PM

So many transplants in Florida so you have to deal with fans of all different teams...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 13, 2011 02:39PM

Errrr. Moore outplayed Henne, plain and simple. The one touchdown strike by Henne was more of absolutely blown coverage than the slightly blown coverage on Moore pass.

I hate to concede what I have been fighting against all last year but Henne looked like a quarterback from a BAD high school team.

He just didn't measure up to Moore.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 14, 2011 04:20AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Errrr. Moore outplayed Henne, plain and simple.
> The one touchdown strike by Henne was more of
> absolutely blown coverage than the slightly blown
> coverage on Moore pass.
>

Seriously, this is what it's come to? Comparing degrees of blown coverage? Both guys were wide open. That's all there is to it.

I don't think it's enough to just compare degrees of blown coverage. Walace is 6'4, so he's a bigger target than Hartline. And the pass to Wallace was 28 yards, compared to 44 yards for Hartline. So, factoring in the degree of blown coverage, the size of the target, and the distance of the throw, I conclude that Henne's throw was slightly superior.

It is amazing to me how ridiculous this has become.

Date: August 14, 2011 06:16AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Errrr. Moore outplayed Henne, plain and simple.
> The one touchdown strike by Henne was more of
> absolutely blown coverage than the slightly blown
> coverage on Moore pass.
>
> I hate to concede what I have been fighting
> against all last year but Henne looked like a
> quarterback from a BAD high school team.
>
> He just didn't measure up to Moore.

Exactly. And it wasn't even pretty. I'm sorry, There was a TON of positive things during this PreSeason game. Henne was NOT one of them.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 14, 2011 06:39AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> eesti,
>
> why couldnt you watch the game??

I live in St. Pete and the game was not televised and my computer is shot so I couldn't even try to find a stream or purchase the nfl preseason package.

The only internet I have at this point is on my phone.

I was a dtv subscriber for 13 yrs but had to let it go when I moved to a beach condo. Now they want a $400 deposit to subscribe again.

I will guess I will be hanging at sports bars on sundays when the don't show Miami games.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 10:48AM

Watched the first team offense and defense tape again. If you didnt notice, RYan and Julio Jones didnt really do squat against our first team. 3 and out twice in a row for ryan and the falcons starting the game. Our first team defense dominated the falcons and ryan, other then a couple run plays up the gut after the first turnover where you could tell the defense wasnt trying get themselves hurt tackling Turner... Cameron Wake had to be double team most of the plays and still made the LT and guard or RB look like rag dolls. The falcons were not successful on offense with their first team, until our entire second team defense was on the field against them...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.