HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne is terrible..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Henne is terrible..
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 14, 2011 01:34PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 14, 2011 09:23PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My main point of why Henne is terrible is the
> poise (or lack thereof) he is showing.
>
> He looks baffled, confused, no confidence, and
> sometimes even looks lost.
>
> The second Matt Moore came on the field, it was
> obvious the confidence level between the two, and
> which one is a more confident QB...Moore.
>
> And that is pretty pathetic.
>
>
> Here is the bottom line, if Henne cant hit a wide
> open Hartline, his night is one of the worst I
> would have ever seen from a Phins QB.

RESPONSE: This is precisely how I saw the night. Moreover, the only difference between this year and last year, is that I did NOT see the type of pressure from the defensive front that I saw in most games last year. I saw some pretty patheic throws from Henne.

And A & O is ABSOLUTELY on point that when Henne left and Moore came in, it was the difference between night and day in terms of confidence.

Now Matt Moore in no way played like a pro-bowler or even a franchise QB but the confidence level and the poise and the "no-deer-in-the-headlights-look" all gave this round to Matt Moore.

Let's see with the next pre-season games.

But if the shape of these things remain unchanged (as they said in A Christmas Carol), there is no way we should start Henne against New England.

Henne's greatest supporter on this board has moved in the undecided category and that is overly generous to Henne.

And I don't remember seeing the Wildcat although I missed most of the first quarter.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 05:20AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> Andrew luck will be ours next year

OH GOD LIBERATE ME FROM JECKYL.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 15, 2011 02:01PM

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: August 15, 2011 02:13PM

I'm going to bookmark this post for when Henne kicks ass during the season. You nerds and your preseason

Date: August 15, 2011 03:02PM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 15, 2011 07:43PM

Date: August 16, 2011 08:10AM

Treasure, retired cops should not be getting into fistfights. Of course, unless, it was self-defense.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: August 17, 2011 05:16AM

Date: August 17, 2011 05:25AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Treasure, retired cops should not be getting into
> fistfights. Of course, unless, it was
> self-defense.

Wasn't retired at the time, and it was.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 17, 2011 05:31AM

I just can't imangine why anyone would want to beat you up Treasureconfused smiley

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 06:37AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 06:56AM

I am in camp #3: Let's use this season (at least the beginning) to decide once and for all what he is, with no more excuses if he fails.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 17, 2011 08:11AM

I guess you can put me in camp #2 and #3....even though they sound eerily the same.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: August 17, 2011 09:11AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> How many people are actually on the Henne
> bandwagon? How many believe that he's the future
> at QB for this team? Maybe one or two AT MOST.
>
> Everyone else falls into two camps:
>
> Camp #1: Henne sucks. I don't care who we start
> so long as its not him.
>
> Camp #2: Henne's not very good but he's the best
> of a bad batch of QB's. Play him and hope he
> pulls a Drew Brees and puts it all together in
> year 4 because the guys behind him are NOT the
> answer.

RESPONSE: I doubt camp #2 exists. I have not seen many people on this board advocate, after seeing even the first pre-season game, that Henne is BETTER than Moore.

At best, Henne's defenders (now absent his number 1 defender) have tried, weakly, to argue "Well, Moore's got an advantage because he has been playing in the SAME SYSTEM for years." LOL. Henne has been playing not only in the same system BUT FOR THE SAME TEAM for three years.

The only part that might be true is that there are some who believe that he "may pull it together in year 4."

I wasn't defending him last year on the hope that he would "pull it together" and somehow become a different QB. That's fantasy.

My reason for being his chief defender was because I simply did not see his play last year as indicative of what he could do because I saw him getting his ass chased all across the field due to an inadequate offensive line. I saw that Pennington was too relaxed behind that line and ended up getting sacked and that Thigpen was the perfect in the middle but did not have the throwing talent.

Well, from what I saw in the first pre-season game, the offensive line blocking WAS A HELLUVA BETTER than last year. I saw Henne have time but just make dumb mistakes and poor throws.

Lastly, the Drew Brees analogy is inappropriate because Brees did not stay with the Chargers until he was better. He was traded out when they drafted Phillip Rivers. So, I'm scratching my head about your reference to this, PhinFans2.confused smiley

I think the only other camps besides camp #1 are the camps that say,

#3A Let's just let him play the game against New England and if he succeeds, he continues to start and if he fails, he is benched for the second game.

#3B. Let him start the last three PRESEASON games and if he does the same thing he did in the first preseason game WHICH IS BE OUTPLAYED BY MATT MOORE, bench his ass and start Moore against New England.

I AM IN CAMP #3B.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 09:27AM

I think you go with Chad Henne until either Henne proves he isnt the best guy on the roster to win ball games, or Matt Moore proves he is so superior that Henne isnt the best QB that gives us the best chance to win ball games.. Pretty simple to me.. Nothing else matters, you put the guy with the best chances to win you ball games on the field. Obviously if he is winning you ball games, it is hard to proves he isnt the best guy to accomplish winnin ball games if that is what he is doing..
as a side note- The fact we are playing the patriots who were 14-2 last year, in the opening game, it should be a major challenge for our team. And I doubt they make a change after that game unless the performance at Qb is atrocious...

Date: August 17, 2011 10:19AM

CROWDER, As to your first sentence, it should only apply to the pre-season. The winner of the preseason should start the first regular season game. That game is at home versus New England.

That NEW ENGLAND game is the game against our NUMBER ONE divison rival.

If we lose that game we start in a hole at the beginning of the year.

The only way we can EVEN even the score would be to beat New England IN NEW ENGLAND PROBABLY IN A BLIZZARD IN DECEMBER.

HELL NO!!!! YOU PLAY WHICH EVER QUARTERBACK THAT WINS THE PRE-SEASON BATTLE.

You DON'T PLAY HENNE IF MATT MOORE OUTPLAYS HIM!!!!!

There is no royalty in football and not a damn single game should be sacrificed on the altar of "well, he's our number one quarterback."

If Matt Moore outplays him, like Matt Moore did against Atlanta MATT MOORE IS OUR NUMBER ONE QUARTERBACK!!!

THE NUMBER ONE QUARTERBACK IS THE PERSON WHO PLAYS THE BEST!!!

This is not like royalty wherein the person with the bluest blood is given the first opportunity.

Date: August 17, 2011 10:51AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 17, 2011 11:06AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> >
> And A & O is ABSOLUTELY on point that when Henne
> left and Moore came in, it was the difference
> between night and day in terms of confidence.
>

Really? Moore looked quite bad on his first two series. And Henne's last series was good, including the two times he escaped pressure.

Date: August 17, 2011 12:05PM

Date: August 17, 2011 12:13PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Really? Moore looked quite bad on his first two
> > series. And Henne's last series was good,
> > including the two times he escaped pressure.
>
>
>
> OK. Seriously? eye rolling smileythumbs down Your going to actually
> Compliment Henne on that performance? Its one
> thing to be optismistic its another to be
> Delusional.

Treasure, Dolfanmark is accurate , trust me the guy takes notes on every play. He can resight to use the play by play if we asked.
Henne escaped the rush and ran for a first down, threw a nice screen pass to Daniel Thomas who took it up field better then any Rb i saw last year, and then henne threw a 44 yard TD pass to Harline. He also threw a ball to Bess who made a sick one handed catch on the first plays of that drive. He looked good, what else you want from the guy, and he was still playing against Atlantas first team defense.
Moore did play all of his snaps against the second and third team defense. Nothing wrong with that, that is all he got a chance against and he did some nice things. But he also made mistakes. That is not being delusional or optimistic, just stating facts. I like Moore, I have no reason not to root for the guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2011 12:15PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 17, 2011 02:06PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> -----
> > ChyrenB Wrote:
> > > >
> > > And A & O is ABSOLUTELY on point that when
> > Henne
> > > left and Moore came in, it was the difference
> > > between night and day in terms of confidence.
> > >
> >
> > Really? Moore looked quite bad on his first two
> > series. And Henne's last series was good,
> > including the two times he escaped pressure.
>
>
>
> OK. Seriously? eye rolling smileythumbs down Your going to actually
> Compliment Henne on that performance? Its one
> thing to be optismistic its another to be
> Delusional.

Henne threw 4 incompletions. One was a drop by Fasano that hit him square in the middle of his shoulder pads. One was a wrong route by Hartline. One was a drop by Bess. And one was a wrong route by Bess compounded with a bad decision by Henne.

And it's not about complementing Henne. It's about saying that the difference when Moore came in was night and day. It's simply not true and an exaggeration to bash Henne and praise Moore. Henne was 3 for 4 on the last series, escaped pressure twice, once scrambling for 10 yards which he got no credit for from anyone, made the right read on the pass to Thomas, and threw a 44 yard TD. So, when Henne left, the offense had a nice series.

On Moore's 1st three series, he was 5 for 10 passing, and produced 0 points. On his 4th possession, right after the Wilson forced fumble, he hit Wallace for the TD. On his 5th series, after the half, we went 3 and out, ending with his interception thrown into triple coverage. Thru 5 series, he was 7 for 13 passing, and had produced 2 first downs and 1 TD, 2 punts, an INT, and a missed FG. He was hardly inspiring a lot of confidence with his performance. Then, on the final possession of the 3rd quarter, he put together a sustained drive, completing 4 of 5 passes, likely against all 3rd stringers.

People see what they want to see. But, those are the facts. Moore hardly lit it up when he came into the game.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 17, 2011 02:29PM

I'm in camp #2

Date: August 17, 2011 08:08PM

Date: August 17, 2011 08:11PM

Matt Moore was poised and in command.

Henne looked like a first grader in a College physics exam.

Date: August 17, 2011 10:23PM

Exactly! You people act like Chad Henne is some rookie Puke and we need to give him a chance. At this point he needs to at least have some command of the position . This is not a guy who is gonna hit the books , and correct his play for the next game. What you people are not getting is that what Chad Henne is lacking, YOU CAN NOT TEACH. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't.

Date: August 18, 2011 09:58AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> -----
> > Chyren-
> > I guess you are having problems with
> > comprehending what I am writng as in when I
> said
> > this:
> >
> > Nothing else matters, you put the guy with the
> > best chances to win you ball games on the field
>
>
> RESPONSE: Not really, you said we should go with
> Henne UNTIL
>
> Re: Henne is terrible..
> Posted by: Crowder52 ()
> Date: August 17, 2011 01:27PM
>
>
> I think you go with Chad Henne until
>
> I say his butt is given the pre-season only! Not
> the first game.

That is you reading into it as you want, not reality. If Henne looks bad in the next 3 preseason games and Moore better then you start Moore... Seriously why are you just looking to find an argument with me... It is like you are a reformed smoker who is now bitter against anyone else that might still smoke and want it banish from the planet, yet you were the one puffing 5 packs aday of Reds 3 months ago...lol
Nothing else matters Put the guy on the field with the best chances to to win you ball games, is pretty clear... But I have found if people want to argue they will find a way..lol

Date: August 18, 2011 11:05AM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 18, 2011 11:18AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
>
> Crowder, you're a good guy but you tend to get
> emotional and you jump into the middle of
> arguments without knowing what you are doing.
>

No need to make it personal you flaming bag of horse poop.

winking smiley smileys with beer

Date: August 18, 2011 04:38PM

I don't get the flaming part but otherwise why don't you say what you really feel and stop being so diplomatic.eye popping smiley

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.