HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Philly....All in
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Philly....All in
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:04PM

Wth....where did they get all the cap space?

They now have Desean Jackson, Maclin and Steve Smith as WRs and a great trio of cbs in nnamdi, asante samuel and antonio rod cromartie.

They also added Vince Young, Ronnie Brown and Cullen Jenkens.

The bad news for philly is they have a new untested d coord., no lbs and avg DEs....and a so so o line.

Who do they think they are? The Yankees?

Sort of reminds me of the phins 94 season.

How do ya think they fare in 2011?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Philly....All in
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:27PM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:46PM

that's Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for the record

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:46PM

reminds me of the 1995 phin when we signed all those former 1st round pics. we didn't get very far

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:47PM

Mike Vick will fall back to earth, and they will miss the playoffs. I don't give a damn what anyone says you don't anoint any team that does not have a legitimate pocket passer. Vick is an athlete that plays QB last year he snuck up on teams this year they will figure him out, and shut him and the Eagles down. ESPN is having a wet dream talking about how the anointed one Vick has gotten all these great players to play for the Eagles becuase of him. Almost alluding to the fact that race is playing a role in this, and that how all these players are drawn to vick and his greatness. Give me a damn break. The Eagles are no better than any other team, and will fail to live up to their expectations. Finally their fat ass coach will regret trading Kevin kolb, and picking up Vince Young. His days in Philly are numbered mark my words.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:56PM

And VY is only on a one year contract...

I figured out my mistake on dom rod after I posted but it is a pain to post on my 3g phone sometimes.

I thought it was the 94 phins that went on the fa spree??

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 10, 2011 05:01PM

Yeah, I'm not sure i've detected even a whiff of race in the media's coverage of and love affair with Philly. I think it has more to do with the fact that they were a really dangerous team last year and since then only added arguably the best cornerback in football, a powerful and experienced DT, a former pro-bowl caliber RB, another electric young CB with huge upside, and another dynamic QB as a backup.

Date: August 10, 2011 05:40PM

Well their already breaking down their wins and losses don't tell me race is not involved when claerly Michael vick isn't even in the same category with today's great QB's. Why is Philly getting all of these great players? Sal Palontonio about had an on air orgasm talking about vick, and how all the great players want to play for the anointed one. It is sickening really. Some idiots believe they could go undefeated. My point you have a better chance of winning with this team if you replaced Vick with another top QB. Vick will be the reason they fail he is not or will never be a very good consitant pro QB like the great ones. Replace him with Brady, manning, Rogers, Rivers Brees I could go one these guys are real QB's not athletes that play the position. Their is a big diiference in this. Was Marino a better athlete than Vick no, but was he a better QB hell yeah and probably still is that's the difference I am refferring too.

Date: August 10, 2011 05:58PM

I still don't see what race has to do with it. You didn't really break down exactly what role you think it's playing in this situation. And the one example you gave is of a white guy praising the abilities of a black QB. Not sure how that proves your point. And everything you said after that about Vick never being a consistent pro-style pocket-passing QB may all be true, but all that I think is going on here is that Vick is coming off an amazing, prolific season and if he plays that way this season, the Eagles have the potential of being scary good. I don't think that's a particularly absurd notion.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 06:13PM

Smith is a replacement for Maclin who has serious health issues and has lost a lot of weight

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: August 10, 2011 06:33PM

Last season everyone was going crazy over vick and their dynamic offense and they seemed to exit right out the playoffs rather quietly.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 11, 2011 02:50AM

Its pretty funny to me that people are actually hyping the Vince Young thing, because the last time I checked....

backup QB's dont play. Especially if the starter is a Pro-Bowl QB.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: August 11, 2011 03:43AM

No one in the media will dare say race would play a factor in all these supposed great players coming to play in Philly becauuse every one has to be politically correct. But their have been hints in the media, and I for the most part think the Eagles will fail miserably. I guess we will all see for ourselves outside of the QB position i would take our roster over the Eagles because our front seven will be much better than theirs, and our secondary is not too shabby either. But we are going nowhere because Henne is a bum, and Vick is great, and the Eagles will fly into the super bowl hog wash. I can't wait for this team to fail.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 11, 2011 04:31AM

Time will tell. Vick did look pretty good last year and elevated his game. Love'em or hate him if he builds on his success from last year he will do well. I drove from DC to Philly on last week and caught a Vick interview on Philly radio. I was really impressed w/ the guys attitude.
Sorry to give some folks here a heart attack by saying something positive about the guy.

I don't think Phillu will win it all because historically the eagles always have a chink in their armour somewhere.

Date: August 11, 2011 05:15AM

I'd like to see us GO FOR IT just once. Couldn't be any worse then the last decade anyway, thats for sure.

Date: August 24, 2011 09:34AM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 09:54AM

Mike Vick last year was the Chris Johnson of the year before. No one expected much, and he snuck up on people and exploded with stats, and like johnson this year teams will have his number and aim to stop him

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 24, 2011 09:55AM

@finshady Come on, Bro...

ESPN just ranked him the 90th best player in the league. If they really had an agenda, they would have ranked him way, way, higher....say, #1.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 09:56AM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: August 24, 2011 11:12AM

Wow Mike Vick made the cover of Madden this year yep everybody is promoting him on race. Funny shady you hate Vick, Cam, VY, McNabb I think the race thing is in your head and sometimes I really wonder where your head is easy guesse though.

Date: August 24, 2011 01:12PM

I don't hate Vick or McNabb or anyone else that plays the game. I am pointing out how one teamn is made the darling of the league by one sports outlet, and how were made a joke with a garbage QB and a lousy in over his head coach. Thats all why is all I would like to know has this once proud franchise with many good players become the butt of jokes, and the laughing stock of the league 2-14 really thats all. This shit is so unfair you would think that we have no talent while the Eagles have gone back, and added every pro bowler to their roster. It's sickening really.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: August 24, 2011 02:33PM

Imagine if Vick were white. What would people think about him?

Date: August 24, 2011 02:58PM

I think the same too me if not more of the same disgust killing animals is not about race or ethnicity it's about the treatment of one of God's creatures. That has been subjected to what amounts to torture for someone else's pleasure. Dog fighting is a very big problem in Wisconsin last time I checked not many blacks living in Packer country just saying.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 03:07PM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 24, 2011 06:49PM

Date: August 25, 2011 03:56AM

The Eagles are the popular team right now with more story lines, that's all. An ex con who came in as the third string qb ended up the starter and had a damn ood year. QB controversy w/ the other 2 who were traded. Great free agent pick ups this off season. Lots of expectation for this team and will they meet it. Tons of story lines w/ the Eagles right now. Popularity rules the media in this country and the Eagles are popular right now. That's all it is.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: August 25, 2011 10:44AM

Posted by: CanalByJoeRobbie ()
Date: August 25, 2011 11:58AM

BS...1st he runs to much...if you do anything over time you get better...so he learned how to play from the pocket..just give him credit last year he matured as a Qb..if you dont like him for personal reasons ok but all he did was study his offense(which he never did in Atl) and got more effective weapons..all Vick did was get better then he was...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.