-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Supplemental draft?
Supplemental draft?
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 08, 2011 01:45PM

Other then T Pryor who are some of the other entrants? Does anyone think we should take a shot at Pryor? If yes, how high of a draft choice would you be willing to give up?

Re: Supplemental draft?
Date: August 08, 2011 02:16PM

He's a QB. This Team doesn't believe in drafting QB's. He needs to go to another team so we can trade a high draft choice for him.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 08, 2011 02:27PM

You sure you were a cop and not a waabulance driver?

Date: August 08, 2011 06:32PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You sure you were a cop and not a waabulance
> driver?

Nope, I might have put more then a few on an ambulance though. Whats your point?

Posted by: realist ()
Date: August 08, 2011 07:37PM

I haven't seen an official list yet, but, I would put a 3rd rounder on Pryor.

He has NFL size and an NFL arm. he has relied on running ability so effectively that he has never fully developed as a traditional QB.He is too raw to challenge Henne as a starter, but he could come in and develop good habits and mechanics without the 'gameday pressure' causing him to revert to instinctual habits. A season on the bench could make him a viable challenger for 2012.

Henne is a Free Agent after this season. If 2011 is a break-out season and Chad earns a long-term deal, then Pryor could be traded to a QB hungry team for a low 1st? or 2nd round pick. ( there are only 3 1st round worthy QB's in the 2012 draft)

If Henne doesn't do enough to be the long-term guy, then it would be well-worth a 3rd round pick to have a potential starting guy developing in the wings.

I would love to get him with a 5th or 4th, but Pryor's athleticism will likely require us to use a 3rd.

And as I said, I think a 6'6" 233 lb athletic QB would be easy to trade if someone finds themselves in a bind.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 09, 2011 02:58AM

Pryor will never, ever play QB in the NFL.

Have you seen his release?? Looks like he is shot-putting the football.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: realist ()
Date: August 09, 2011 04:42AM

Like I said, he has relied so heavily on his natural athleticism that neither he nor his coaches invested much time or effort into developing him as a QB.

You can't can't coach size or speed...he has both. You can't coach arm strength ...he has that too. You can't coach quick decision making...he has shown he can make quick decisions.

What he needs is for a PRO coach to help him with his mechanics, his reads, and decision making.

he would be a tradable commodity.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 09, 2011 06:18AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 10:07AM

I would go as high as 5th, that's w/ thinking that we are going to draft a qb in the first 2 rnds next year. The cupboard is not bare w/ Pryor. There are parts to work with.

Date: August 10, 2011 10:40AM

Date: August 10, 2011 10:52AM

His mechanics are not worse than Tebow. Tebow's mechanics were horrific and I am a hardcore Gator fan. Pryor will get a chance just like Newton and just like Newton he will have to overcome the leadership and intelligence thing of which he showed both at OSU when running their offense.

Date: August 10, 2011 11:08AM

Date: August 10, 2011 11:14AM

I hate OSU and the entire big ten have seen at least 4 OSU games a year since Pryor was a FR. I am not saying he will be successful but the guy has enough tools to get a shot at playing qb in the nfl.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 10, 2011 01:04PM

Only players eligible at this point are Georgia RB Caleb King and and Norther Illinois safety Tracy Wilson.

King is 5 ft 11 and 212 lbs and backed up Knowshon Moreno..was ewxpected to start and was eventually ruled academically ineligible. Not ultra productive but did show flashes. Had 4.40 speed but concerns about commitment and maturity.

Wilson is 6 ft 2 and 203. He was a stud FS who plyed for a small school and very good defense. He had a groin injury last year and missed several games. He also played SS. Couldn't find a 40 time.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 11, 2011 02:42AM

Dont ever, ever, put Cam Newton and Tyrelle Pryor in the same boat.

If you do, then you havent watched College football before. Cam Newton was 20 times the player Pryor was.

Plus, Newton is actually a good passer, with good mechanics, and also a good leader.

Pryor is none of the things I just listed for Newton.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: August 11, 2011 05:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.