HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne booed.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Henne booed.
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:33PM

I have been enraged by some of his performances in the past and screamed at the television so I kind of understand. With that being said, it sounds like the fans are being brutal to Chad right now. Booing is one thing, but to yell "We want Orton!" has got to crush the man. As fans we certainly are not helping our cause by wrecking the man's confidence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne booed.
Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:47PM

Henne can't play!!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:51PM

Much too much is being made of early practices. For any player. For the first several weeks of camp, the defense is always well ahead of the offense. The offense needs the reps because timing is so critical. This year, with no official offseason workouts, expect those issues to be more pronounced. Everyone is just football news starved at this point, and jumping on every little tidbit out there.

Posted by: DasFin ()
Date: August 01, 2011 05:00PM

I hate to hear this, even more than I hate to hear about all his check downs. Sounds like he is not impressing anyone. I want to be positive about Henne. But he needs to show something! He seems like a broken man to me. Ready for failure, not really 'getting after it'. Hope I am wrong, but maybe this is already going beyond his skill level and into his mental toughness.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 01, 2011 05:04PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Much too much is being made of early practices.
> For any player. For the first several weeks of
> camp, the defense is always well ahead of the
> offense. The offense needs the reps because timing
> is so critical. This year, with no official
> offseason workouts, expect those issues to be more
> pronounced. Everyone is just football news starved
> at this point, and jumping on every little tidbit
> out there.

This^

The 1st practice of the season and they're already booing? For real?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 01, 2011 05:21PM

No wonder we hardly won any games at home last season.

Over the years, I've repeated my personal stance on this: booing one's own team is among the stupidest things a fan could to. Our players need their fans to cheer them on at home, not make them feel like crap. We already have to deal with our home stadium being filled with opponent's fans, now we're turning against our own team AT HOME. at a PRACTICE, for Pete's sake.

I've heard that the Shop at the training facility had been selling other teams' merchandise; now I see why they thought it was a good idea.

The counterargument to my stance is usually "the fans pay a lot for those seats, so they have the right to boo if they want to." Okay, sure. Ticketholders have the *right* do boo their own team, but *should* they? In my opinion, no..

Now, what about people watching a practice, for FREE admission. Do THEY have the right to boo their own team? This is completely ridiculous.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 01, 2011 05:24PM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 01, 2011 06:16PM

JC said:
-------------------
booing one's own team is among the stupidest things a fan could to

I couldn't agree more JC. Booing your own team is absolutely pathetic and something you should be ashamed of yourself for doing.

On a related note, I was at the practice tonight at Joe Robbie and Henne threw a pass to Bess or it might have been Gates, a pass that Yeremiah Bell made an incredible pass deflection on, making a huge leap and getting up in the air to tip the pass at its highest point before it got to the receiver. It was a perfect example of an incredible defensive play much more so than it was any kind of terrible pass, but of course the entire crowd boos loudly at Henne and I'm thinking you people are all idiots.

Not only should we not be booing our QB in general (who we should be supporting and hoping he excells) but in my opinion, we shouldn't even be booing him if he makes some mistakes out there, and we sure as hell shouldn't be booing him if one of our defensive players makes an incredible defensive play on one of his passes. SMH

Posted by: DasFin ()
Date: August 01, 2011 06:45PM

Amen, Panteraize.

I knew I liked this site.

Date: August 01, 2011 06:51PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 02, 2011 12:59AM

I think people are worried with just cause, and unfortunately that is how they are reacting..
Henne's biggest problem IMO, has been focus and inconsistent play. He can have an amazing throw, and then make horrible one. That is the problem with the guy... He can go make ten great plays and then one horrible one, that kills the drive...
I believe in Henne, but I want to start to see him string together some consistency soon. Offdays or off halfs need to be athing of the past

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 02, 2011 01:32AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I think people are worried with just cause, and
> unfortunately that is how they are reacting..
> Henne's biggest problem IMO, has been focus and
> inconsistent play. He can have an amazing throw,
> and then make horrible one. That is the problem
> with the guy... He can go make ten great plays and
> then one horrible one, that kills the drive...
> I believe in Henne, but I want to start to see him
> string together some consistency soon. Offdays or
> off halfs need to be athing of the past

Booing him won't help him devolop consistency. He needs confidence right now. A player has to be mentally tough, but this public ridicule borders on abuse. Can you imagine how painful it must be? He won't sleep well. He will have a rough time concentrating on his play book and watching film. I am sure he is sick to his stomach and an ulcer is on its way. I am ashamed of those Dolfans and boo them back.

Date: August 02, 2011 01:41AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 02, 2011 02:33AM

With what happen in the last few games last year, Henne got booed at home last year... Him being booed is nothing new.... Fans are at wits end with this offense under Henne.. I dont agree with it, but it is how the fans feel like they can have a voice in the matter.
I made a joke but I was kind of serious, the Dolphins are use to playing in a hostile environment which is why they are so good away..lol

Also this wasnt the normal season ticket holders or fans who goes to practices at the stadium from my experience so take that for what it is worth...

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 02, 2011 02:56AM

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: August 02, 2011 04:58AM

I cant believe we are starting the season off with this guy...Lockout or not...

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: August 02, 2011 05:29AM

OORTON sux too ya'll.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 02, 2011 06:50AM

I mean come on – are we suddenly living in some weird parallel universe where Henne is a decent QB? There’s a very simple reason why players get booed, and it’s not because the fans suddenly develop a collective case of personality disorder – it’s because of the simple fact that particular player isn’t getting the job done. So the fans boo and essentially say, “please go away.”

Now all along a lot of folks are banking on the fact that Henne still has upside and he’s only going to “get better.” Well, IMO, the odds are he’s only going to get WORSE because his core flaws are 100% fatal for an NFL QB. The issues with his “game” are very obvious – and that makes him easy fodder for opposing defenses to scheme against. So the real truth is – and this is the way inferior players are readily exposed – once there’s a book on you and there’s a big soft spot to exploit – well, your ass is had.

Bottom line, none of this should be a surprise since Henne wasn’t even a good college QB. And yet some are still imagining a way for him to transform into a player he’s NEVER been. Sorry, but such radical metamorphoses are reserved for worms and such. And no matter what I think of Henne, he ain’t no worm.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 02, 2011 10:42AM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:

>
> Booing him won't help him devolop consistency. He
> needs confidence right now.

Fans just want to see him do well....He is probably just rusty...He better get it on in pre season. there is still time. Like someone said in another thread, this dam "strike messed things up" and a lot of players development.

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: August 02, 2011 12:39PM

To everyone that keeps saying that Orten sucks, I need you to explain why. How does he suck. All I saw was him completing passes year after year after year. He threw 20 TDS and 9 INTs last year, compared to Chad's 15 TDS and 19 INTs right? Just checking.

I am not hating on Henne, but I am showing some support for bringing in Orten. I don't think a 2nd round pick is too much.

If the Dolphins think that the Broncos will cut Orten, then fine. Its a good business move. I'm all about the sound patient decision, then the rash, emotional bad decision. Orten is better than Tebow (Even though I love Tebow), but they can't have him start because Tebow brings more money and attention to the program.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: August 02, 2011 01:18PM

Same thing every year. The offense is behind in camp. He'll improve as he gets more comfortable with the offense. Maybe there will be a miracle and his body will suddenly be inhabited by the mind of a halfway decent QB. etc.

You guys crack me up.

Date: August 02, 2011 01:28PM

kelreign Wrote:
> To everyone that keeps saying that Orten sucks, I
> need you to explain why. How does he suck. All I
> saw was him completing passes year after year
> after year. He threw 20 TDS and 9 INTs last year,
> compared to Chad's 15 TDS and 19 INTs right? Just
> checking.
>
> I am not hating on Henne, but I am showing some
> support for bringing in Orten. I don't think a
> 2nd round pick is too much.
>

Pro Football Focus has graded Henne as the #17 QB in the league each of the last 2 seasons. They've graded Orton as #21 each of those two seasons. Football Outsiders also graded Henne as better than Orton in 2010. In ESPN's new Total QB Rating, Henne ranked in the "below average" category, with guys like Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler. Orton ranked in the next higher category, which was "about average." Orton is awful on 3rd down, completing only half of his passes, with a passer rating of 58.0. He's particularly bad on 3rd and medium (which is defined as 3-7 yards to go), where he has a passer rating of 45.8. He is horrendous when pressured, completing just 18 of 59 pass attempts for a passer rating of 12.2.

So, does a guy who is "about average", or is the 21st best QB in the league, or is awful on 3rd down, or is awful when pressured, sound like the kind of guy to give up a 2nd rd pick for, and then sign him to a 5 year, $60M contract?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 02, 2011 01:59PM

Henne is the same guy he was in college...maybe ;elichick could turn him into a starter but the deck is stacked right now.

Reports from Broncos camp...Tebow looked bad and Orton picked up where he left off last year completing several deep passes to Brandon Lloyd....so much for being rusty theory.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 02, 2011 02:26PM

Hey us Fans have to Practice Too ya know! Its gonna be a long season and we gotta be inshape for all the Crap we are surely gonna get from the #1 posistion in Football, that was addressed only by swapping out 2nd stringers.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: August 02, 2011 02:40PM

While I've never understood booing on any level, I definitely utter the phrase "Ugh, Henne sucks" every Sunday while I'm watching the game.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 02, 2011 03:39PM

Booing your team is bs! And embarrassing. Its bad enuf we have to put up with all the jets fans...then they get to hear us turn on each other. Any fan that boos his own team or player is a tool.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 02, 2011 06:33PM

eesti Wrote:
> Booing your team is bs! And embarrassing. Its bad
> enuf we have to put up with all the jets
> fans...then they get to hear us turn on each
> other. Any fan that boos his own team or player
> is a tool.

B.S!! We PAY for thier salaries with cable, merchadide and Tickets sales. Same as I would complain when any other product sucks like a crack Whore with the navy intown, They need to know we are not happy with the choices being made at the leagues #1 Position. Doesn't make anyone less of a Fan to let them hear it loud and clear. Maybe it will motivate Henne. Nothing else has . Matt Moore isn't going to do it, thats for sure.

Date: August 02, 2011 06:39PM

Date: August 02, 2011 06:43PM

Date: August 02, 2011 07:50PM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.