HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          jason Taylor back resigned with Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
jason Taylor back resigned with Dolphins
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 08:46AM

Jason Taylor just announced on his Facebook page, his resigning with the Dolphins....WOW
according to Omar-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 08:46AM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: jason Taylor back resigned with Dolphins
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 01, 2011 08:54AM

Yay?

Date: August 01, 2011 08:56AM

I am not sure Futt, we needed Depth at the position, with Misi and Wake the starters, not a bad call, I am not sure he has anything left in the tank, but I do remember him sacking Henne last year, with his hand all bandaged up...

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 08:57AM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 01, 2011 09:01AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 01, 2011 09:04AM

Yeah, good analogy Phinsfan.

Not quite sure how I feel about this.

He is not Zach Thomas in my book.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: August 01, 2011 09:06AM

I hear ya PF2, but we lost Crowder, who was what alot of people describe as the glue that held the team and lockerroom together...
Taylor did betray us, so I have those same mixed emotions but at the end of the day JT can be a leader in the locker room, and help keep this young team together. With no Ricky or Channing the lockerroom lost something IMO, I am not sute JT is the answer for morale and strength in the locker room, but if it only cost us a vet minimum, it is worth the gesture and leadership. It made me sick seeing JT in Jets green...

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 09:07AM

Date: August 01, 2011 09:49AM

I also think it is good for us to get a great insight into the Jets and when, why, how they call their defenses... What weakness certain players have that he discovered in practice, etc. It can be beneficial, if we use him smart and sparingly. The IQ the defense lost with Crowder got gained with JT.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 01, 2011 10:47AM

I wonder what he's getting paid?

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: August 01, 2011 10:52AM

His career has reached the point of being pathetic. The guy is a joke.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 01, 2011 10:55AM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 01, 2011 11:14AM

I am pleased. He isn't the player he used to be, but still can be effective as a situational pass rusher. We don't have any real promising young back-ups so he isn't going to steal a roster spot. It is good to see him end his career with us.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 01, 2011 11:50AM

I'm confused over the move. The D-line is probably our team's strongest position. It's the one area the Phins pretty much have on lock (more so than any other position on the field, though LB is looking better and better these days) and we have really good depth there. I'm not sure if I'd really want him out there subbed in on 3rd down situations when even some of our 2nd string rotation guys are probably as effective if not more so than him at this point.

I mean we have Kendall Langford, Randy Starks, Paul Soliai, Tony McDaniel, we have Odrick back (who if he can stay healthy... and before he was hurt was looking really promising, nabbing the starting job right away as a rookie) Phillip Merling is servicable and though inconsistent, has shown he can play at times, not a bad backup guy. I'm not really sure if there's that much room for JT on the D-line, especially if we give a large number of 3-4 looks. IDK, I'm sure there's a little bit left in the tank, but what do you guys think about adding him, in light of the aforementioned lineup of guys we already have.

I mean where do you guys think he ranks among those guys?

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 12:08PM

I love the move. Jason Taylor is family and will give what he has left for the Team. I like his leadership and passion on the sidelines.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 01, 2011 12:19PM

This move...if true will bear us the fruit of leadership, motivation, energy, depth, tuitilage and most importantly public relations. Taylor won't start even if he does play, he'll be a back-up, and will be a situational pass rusher. He'll get maybe 20-25 percent of the snaps mixed between LB and DE.

If he does these things and produces between 5-10 sacks and 5-10 quarterback pressures, it will have been worth whatever we pay him.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 01, 2011 12:24PM

I love it as well. Who better for the young pass rushers to learn from than JT? Especially Misi.

I don't see JT as competition for the above mentioned players as none of them are OLBs or pass rushers. They are more DTs than anything. They play DE in the 34.

Our pass rush should be monstrous this year especially with more pressure coming from the ILBs. Dansby and KB have the ability to apply pressure as well.

Our D may be the best we have ever seen as soon as this year.

I see JT coming in on occasional situations to spell Misi although I still see Misi getting opportunities to rush.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 01, 2011 01:12PM

Wait, you're not looking at him as a defensive lineman??? You're looking at him as an outside rush linebacker? And if that is where you see him playing on this team, are you really that excited about the prospect of an aged Jason Taylor playing out of position again?

Looking at our outside rush linebackers, I don't really see how he would fit in among that group. I mean you certainly aren't pulling Wake in favor of JT on 3rd down passing situations. I don't see him taking any snaps away from Misi, when Misi is probably going to be just as effective if not more so at rushing the passer at this point in JT's career.

I mean, I like Wake, Misi, and Alama-Francis better than him in just about any situation. And our inside guys are solid pass rushers too with KB and Dansby. It seems like he'd be the weakest link save maybe Merling I guess (if he ended up playing on the D-line) where he is most suited to play to begin with. And I think he'd prbably be among the weakest of links among our existing core of OLB's. I don't hate the move, I'm just not sure who he would be better than or if he's really any kind of improvement from anyone already on our roster in any situation or at any position?

Date: August 01, 2011 01:15PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 01, 2011 01:49PM

I'm ok with it as long as he knows his role (3rd down/situational pass rusher) and produces. I plan on seeing Nolan unleashing the hounds this year, gonna be fun!

Date: August 01, 2011 02:12PM

Sorry Ghotirule, but I'm not sure I follow. I didn't think that came across as some kind of huge angry rant. I was just sharing my doubts about the potential effectiveness of Jason Taylor (especially at this point in his career) in the midst of all the talent we appear to have at the linebacker and defensive line positions. In fact, my concern about JT's place on this team is actually based more in a positive outlook, given that I feel so good about the depth we already have at those positions.

So I'm not sure I really understand the sarcastic "feel the love" comment. I'm a JT fan to begin with and I've been a glass half full kind of guy as of late if you read some of my other recent posts (i.e. positive and in defense of Marshal given the latest news, and excited and hopeful about Pouncey and Odrick) so cut me a break.

Date: August 01, 2011 02:33PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 01, 2011 03:04PM

I just want to reiterate that JT leaving never made me look differently at him....

it was when he signed with the Jets that I officially denounced him.

Zach Thomas said prior to him being cut, that he would retire before he would sign with the patsies, jests, or jills.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: August 01, 2011 03:11PM

AS I posted earlier, Sparano needs to keep the locker room, there was suggestion by Ricky and then Taylor in NY that Sparano lost the locker room, was over analytical and didnt make winning enough of a priority... Interesting that Sparano would sign him, he must believe Taylor will have his back with the players...

Posted by: DasFin ()
Date: August 01, 2011 03:12PM

I think this move is a no-brainer. I agree somewhat with Panteraize (although I see JT only as an OLB at this point, no way he hits the Line), in that we have guys that are better at the position, and I wouldn't want to go crazy taking too many snaps away from Misi. I also like Alama-Francis, so this might hinder his development somewhat (or help if you believe in the 'mentor' stuff). Either way, this is a no risk move, much like it was last year, obvious difference being the Tuna smell is now gone. I can't help but smirk at the idea that this provides a nice middle finger to Tuna and a showing of a new regime, and also to the JESTS. And ofcourse, JT gets to end it all here fittingly. Hoorah for that. But mostly, I think its a solid locker room guy with ties to the organization that can hopefully add pass rushing depth, maybe he has a big play or two left.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 01, 2011 03:18PM

JT is not playing on the line in a 3 man front. He is 6 ft 6 and 250. Our DEs are closer to 300 lbs. He played OLB in Miami and New York so its not out of position. He played OLB in his Def POY season.

I see him in rush packages and it has been speculated that he may line up with Misi AND Wake.

He is not the player he once was but is certainly better than IAF and Moses.

I don't think we had any depth at OLB other than newly added Trusnik and IAF and he did nothing last year. Moses is gone so we had a legit need there.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 03:38PM by eesti.

Date: August 01, 2011 03:36PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, good analogy Phinsfan.
>
>
> Not quite sure how I feel about this.
>
> He is not Zach Thomas in my book.

YES. Thank You. Aside of the Personal reasons I have(he has Rex and Jets stank all over him) I just don't think he's effective anymore. But I will say him and Zach gave me some great moments to cheer about during those dark years of Wannstadt and Satan. I am 100% Positive the Dolphins would have went a disturbing . 0-16 if not For Jasons heroics in that game against....was it the Titians? I forget , but he blocked that field goal after giving the team a rousing speech on the sideline.......0-16 HELL NO!

Maybe he can give the rest of the team a spark. Mother fer was a Jet though and he helped Rex say *F**** you! To all us dolphins fans when he signed him last year. SOB. Be nice to see Jason help us make that backfire on him.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:18PM

It was the ravens

Posted by: Phinlo ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:20PM

I personally like bringing JT back. I wont lie i hated him when he went to the jets...would of hated him more if he went to the patsies...But he is a leader and we just lost Crowder and Carey is on the ropes. Morale is going to be at a all time low right before preseason.

Although many fans didn't like JT after his move i believe many of the dolphins players understood why he went to the jets. He was a free agent and the team had given him a deal earlier in the year then took it away and they did not say anything and he moved without a warning. TO the jets of all places...Yes he is a older player who has put up huge numbers a few years ago but we all know that age is a HUGE deciding factor in the league. You take whatever deal you can get once you get to 35 unless your last season was your best ever.

By bringing him back it seems to me that the management and him recognize thier mistake. He is 36 years old at most he only has 2-3 years left to play. Although i think he has lost a step he can still be a deadly back. What he lacks in speed he can make up for in experience and probally most importantly in leadership.

Date: August 01, 2011 05:48PM

Ghotirule:
--------------------------
I just don't think you are having an objective assessment. It is basically the same JT rant you had the last time we signed JT, and the same JT rant you had when he left the first time.

With all due respect ghotirule, are you confusing me with some other poster? I have literally NEVER said ANYTHING disparaging about Jason Taylor EVER. Not on this message board, not to any of my friends, not to anyone. As I already said, I'm a huge JT fan, always have been. He was the first Dolphins jersey I ever bought. I have absolutely no idea why you are saying this about me. But it is completely untrue.

I thought the people who were calling for his head calling him a traitor were being absolutely ridiculous and acting like babies when he joined the Jets. I've always respected what he meant to this team and never faulted him for leaving to NY to get paid better than we were offering. I was incensed when we lost him to the Redskins but understood the move, because I felt guilty holding him hostage on a team that was going nowhere and had been a disappointment for a large part of his career when he gave us his blood sweat and tears year after year. I was so ridiculously excited when we signed him after his breif stint in Washington because it was like we rented him for a year in exchange for a 2nd round pick and we got to bring him home immediately after that. I've never had a problem with anything JT ever did (Dancing with the Stars included)

So I dont know if you're remembering wrong, flat out making what you said up, or if you were just kidding around and poking fun at me to mess around, but the idea of me ever ranting or raving about Jason Taylor by criticizing his play or any of his career moves is flat out untrue and never happened.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.