Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I went to dunking dounuts yesterday ....sunday morning....and are we in trouble at the center position.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I went to dunking dounuts yesterday ....sunday morning....and are we in trouble at the center position.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 05:32AM

There was a couple there dressed in dolphin uniforms.....I went in and they were chatting with a couple of folks about the phins..

Talking about how we didnt sign nobody in free agency and how we were in trouble bringing in that scrub QB for competition...

The couple dressed in jerseys...the guy had a 29...jersey is that a sam madison jersey...?

Anyways here what im trying to get to...

I asked the guy with the number 29 jersey are they practicing today.....He said yes...Ive been to a few practices and we are in trouble at the center position.....

He said last time he went the rookie center and henne FUMBLE the dam football at the snap like 12 times....>WTF is that....

THE END......

I really hope they can correct this before the season starts....Im sick and tired of the phins drafting scrubs in the first round.eye popping smiley

We'll see.

GO PHINS.smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I went to dunking dounuts yesterday ....sunday morning....and are we in trouble at the center position.
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 01, 2011 05:35AM

That's why we have training camp. There are definitely going to be growing pains at Center when we start a rookie. I'm more concerned about the O-Line playing well as a unit than Pouncey and Henne getting used to each other.

Re: I went to dunking dounuts yesterday ....sunday morning....and are we in trouble at the center position.
Date: August 01, 2011 05:39AM

Yeah this is definetely correctable...But 12 times.....Maybe the guy went a little overboard....

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 01, 2011 06:11AM

And by reports, most of the snapping issues have been with Devlin taking them from Kopa. Devlin is not used to taking snaps under center, and Kopa won't make the team, so I'm not worried.

Date: August 01, 2011 06:17AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And by reports, most of the snapping issues have
> been with Devlin taking them from Kopa. Devlin is
> not used to taking snaps under center, and Kopa
> won't make the team, so I'm not worried.

Thanks thats a relief.............Maybe he saw the fumbles and figured it was the rookie center.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 01, 2011 07:48AM

I have learned from being a Phins fan my entire life, that most Dolphin fans (probably due to the 30+ years of mediocrity) are very cynical, gloomy, and grouchy.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 01, 2011 08:00AM

We are fine at center, Pouncey played with only one morning meeting, then they made him start, even though he didnt know the offense. Sparano said Pouncey even without any knowledge of the offense seperated himself from the rest of the pack, by what the guy just did instinctually, taking the majority of snaps... Sparano said for somebody to be able to do that they have to just have an unbelievably high football IQ and instinct for the game....

We are probably going to sign Ohara, today,

I hear we are either renegotiating Vernon Carey, cutting him or trade if possible.... SOmething is going on with the Oline... There is talk we are so weak at guard we need to move, Pouncey to guard and sign Ohara or the guy the Bears just cut... STay tuned...

Date: August 01, 2011 08:09AM

crowder 52 i havent had time to read much about the phins or even go to the few practices that there has been....This is more or less the first thing i hear about the phins this year this and the bush signing...

And it was discouraging....

I never believe anything i hear unless i see it with my own eyes....But the guy was telling me he just came from practice a day ago or so....i figured he saw the guys jersey whic he probably didnt......

You know when you go to practice they give you a paper with everyones name and numbers they dont have the names on the back you only go by the numbers......

Date: August 01, 2011 08:10AM

Pouncey is staying at Center.

O'hara will be moved to Guard.

O'hara is 34, Pouncey is 22. Lock Pouncey in at Center and dont move him for the next 12 years.

---------------------

Date: August 01, 2011 08:13AM

samsam3738 Wrote:

> You know when you go to practice they give you a
> paper with everyones name and numbers they dont
> have the names on the back you only go by the
> numbers......

Yeah, I agree, Reggie Bush was wearing number 8 the other day, that isnt happening..

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 01, 2011 08:17AM

Also, you can figure the other teams are having similar problems with their rookies.

Yes, it is close to the start of the season, but don't forget the time lost during the labor strife.

Date: August 01, 2011 08:18AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > You know when you go to practice they give you
> a
> > paper with everyones name and numbers they dont
> > have the names on the back you only go by the
> > numbers......
>
>
> Yeah, I agree, Reggie Bush was wearing number 8
> the other day, that isnt happening..

I meant i thought the guy was looking at the shirt of pouncey which he probably didnt anyways......The current cented fumbled and he just thought it was pouncey......Who knows.

Date: August 01, 2011 08:19AM

Date: August 01, 2011 08:19AM

ChyrenB Wrote:

> Yes, it is close to the start of the season, but
> don't forget the time lost during the labor
> strike.

Yeah definetly.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 01, 2011 11:54AM

Don't worry about those folks at the Dunks, samsam. Their judgement is clouded by that CRAP coffee they have in there.
grinning smileytongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 01, 2011 03:38PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 01, 2011 03:51PM

I heard Devlin through the ball well...better than Henne.

Now if we can add Ohara we will have a true pulling guard and a pro bowl backup at center.

Long, Ohara, Pouncey, Incognito and Carey.

Nice!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 02, 2011 10:17AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> And by reports, most of the snapping issues have
> been with Devlin taking them from Kopa. Devlin is
> not used to taking snaps under center, and Kopa
> won't make the team, so I'm not worried.
>
>
>
>
> This is disturbing. I was planning on Pat Delvin
> beating out Henne.........eye rolling smiley

Say what? Dam treasure you are really high on henne man.........I mean they must know delvin in his house thats it........Never heard of him.

PS...I will even agree with The late.....MIa1...... on this one......Mia1 quote: Not even his name sounds right......I mean dan marino joe montana elway etc those were some names.................... but delvin?

Date: August 02, 2011 10:22AM

JC Wrote:
> Don't worry about those folks at the Dunks,
> samsam. Their judgement is clouded by that CRAP
> coffee they have in there.
> grinning smileytongue sticking out smiley

Unless they have decaf....hahaha

Date: August 02, 2011 10:26AM

eesti Wrote:
> I heard Devlin through the ball well...better than
> Henne.
>

Jeesus eesti.....Maybe henne is not the answer then....Where did devlin come from?

You mean to tell me they have a free agent or college scrub throwing better than henne?

Not good!confused smiley

Date: August 02, 2011 10:32AM

Why do i get the feeling sundays are going to be really long this year.

I will take only 2 wins against the jets...Then grab luck....

I will live with that.

All thats preventing us from getting to the next level is a great QB ( which seems imposible to find ) and some tweaking of the Offensive line.

if we had that everything else will fall into place.

Date: August 02, 2011 12:25PM

Just peel the banana on Sundays, Sam! thumbs up

---------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.