HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Irish pride
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Irish pride
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:32PM

It just occured to me that Jeffs subconscience plan all along was to stick with Henne. He made it look like he was trying to sign Orton but he just low balled him (and the Broncos) like he has done in the past so it was impossible to sign him.

He truly believes that he can prove that his original choice was right....aka Chad Henne.

One thing he has done is surround Chad with talent. On O and D. Look at the depth chart. Sort of impressive. I hope he is right!

I have no choice but to play along. Dolphins for life!

Still hope we get Bulger as a backup plan. Moore was with JI in Dallas and was stashed on the PS but Car picked him up...another ego pick?

Then again Denver wanted Moore as plan b if Orton was moved. Trade bait? Evil genius...or stubborn pride?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Irish pride
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 29, 2011 09:35PM

But the problem is that last year he had Henne, Pennington, and Thigpen.

This year, it looks like he will have Henne, Matt Moore and Pat Devlin and that other munchkin.

Date: July 30, 2011 12:44AM

Finally waking up to this huh? Didn't take a Rocket scientist to figure it out when he passed on every QB that comes his way that could unseat henne in a heartbeat. Almost makes you want to root against the F***er,Just to spite Irlend. But as long as he's a Dolphin I'm hoping every throw is a great one, and Irlend turns out to be a Great talent evaluator.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:45AM

I dont think he is trying to prove he is correct with Chad Henne.

What I think he is trying to figure out is if Chad can improve with talent around him like so many other QB's have done in the past.

Here is the thing, if CHad sucks this year (which I actuall think he will) then it just solidifies that fact that we need to do everything we can to get one of the top 3 guys next draft.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 04:06AM

guys, you don't give your 3d string emergency QB 2.5mm a year. Matt Moore is the #2 guy, who may be #1 if he proves that he sucks less than Henne. There is no other QB coming here, unless Orton gets cut (and even then I don't think he would want to sign here after all this).

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: July 30, 2011 04:19AM

What real options have been available? The Henne haters have a distorted a view that Henne is so horrible that virtually anyone is an upgrade. The reality is that he's about average. He's ranked 17th in the league each of the last 2 years, according to profootballfocus.com (which is higher than Orton has ranked either year, btw).

Of the QBs who came out this year, who was a better prospect than Henne when he came out of college? Just because a lot of guys went early in the draft, it doesn't mean it was a good year for QB prospects. Every top QB prospect this year had red flags. Every single one. More red flags than Henne had coming out of college. There was no one who was a slam dunk upgrade over Henne. If you are trying to win in 2011, you don't draft a guy who is going to have to sit for 2 years while he revamps his mechanics and learns the NFL game.

Who has been available for veterans? Kevin Kolb? Please, he's accomplished nothing in the NFL. Kyle Orton, who wants $10M a year? Please, and as I mentioned above, profootballfocus.com has graded him below Chad Henne each of the last 2 years. Matt Hasselbeck? He's a west coast offense guy, he's old, and he was horrible last season. Donovan McNabb? Ditto. Marc Bulger? According to reports, he's no longer interested in being a starter.

So, you are the GM. Your choices are:

1) spend your resources on a rookie who "might" be better than Henne in 2012 or 2013
2) spend your resources on a veteran who "might" be better than Henne in 2011
3) spend your resources on surrounding Henne with more talent, and hoping that he takes the next step in his 3rd year as a starter

Acquiring a QB takes significant resources, even for a mediocre one. Heck, Tyler Thigpen got $3M. In year 4 of your regime, trying to save your job, you can't spend significant resources on guys who "might" be better than what you have. So, you build up the talent around what you have, and if Henne doesn't take the next step, your improved supporting cast makes your team a more desired landing spot for a QB next season.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 04:22AM

If not Orton or VY, I'd have signed Bulger. Matt Moore is a waste of a roster spot and 5mm. Bulger made sense b/c he could "mentor" Henne and if Henne sucks this year, we are starting over at the position and at least Bulger has experience. WTH does Matt Moore add?

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: July 30, 2011 04:32AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If not Orton or VY, I'd have signed Bulger. Matt
> Moore is a waste of a roster spot and 5mm. Bulger
> made sense b/c he could "mentor" Henne and if
> Henne sucks this year, we are starting over at the
> position and at least Bulger has experience. WTH
> does Matt Moore add?

Moore adds experience in the same offensive system. And if this was a year ago, people would be doing cartwheels about Moore, coming off an 8 TD/2 INT, 98.5 passer rating season.

Date: July 30, 2011 05:14AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> guys, you don't give your 3d string emergency QB
> 2.5mm a year. Matt Moore is the #2 guy, who may be
> #1 if he proves that he sucks less than Henne.
> There is no other QB coming here, unless Orton
> gets cut (and even then I don't think he would
> want to sign here after all this).

Hard to disagree with that reasoning. sad smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 30, 2011 08:21AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 05:06PM

Hooray for the phins front office. Yep Matt Moore is the guy we want. Man if McNabb has a great year for MN don't know what I'll do.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 31, 2011 04:21AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Hooray for the phins front office. Yep Matt Moore
> is the guy we want. Man if McNabb has a great year
> for MN don't know what I'll do.

My guess is you'll go on a Vikes message board and bitch about the Fins front office?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 31, 2011 05:07AM

Screw you I never bitch about the phins anywhere but here. Anyone who things bringing Moore in is better than having McNabb has really got his head stuck somewhere. My problem w/ the phins front office is teams that like Philly, AZ, NYJ, and the Patsies are really making strong bold moves to get to the superbowl. This front office is just filling the room w/ smoke from their pipe dreams.

I am all for Henne but right now not sure he is the guy, just like Fiedler et al. Why continue beating the square peg into a circle. Orton is better McNabb is better. Other teams are finding solutions to their serious problems why can n't the phins?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 31, 2011 05:35AM

Your main argument is McNabb? And what exactly have the Jets done this off-season that has you gushing?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 31, 2011 05:53AM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: July 31, 2011 08:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.