HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Channing Crowder Cut
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Channing Crowder Cut
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 11, 2011 09:56AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Injuries may have kept him from being the player
> he could have been but he's not hurt right now.
> He was healthy enough to go work out for the Pats
> and to be surprised that he was cut by us.
>
RESPONSE: We are talking about his injury history, not how he feels right now.

EVERY running play must involve the middle
> > linebacker?
>
> Of course not, and you know it. But the notion
> that he was so good teams ran away from him is
> absurd
and not just because he wasn't good enough
> to force teams to take that approach, but that the
> idea that approach is even possible is lunacy
> because he's A MIDDLE LINEBACKER.
>

RESPONSE: I never said that good teams ran away from him and the point was that not EVERY running play involves him therefore when you consider his tackles, you have to go back and percentage the plays that were run at him.

PF2, you are so quick to throw nuclear bombs when you don't understand the fine gradations of the issue.

> You can't run away from a MLB unless you run
> backwards.

RESPONSE: And when you run an end-around are you running backwards? eye rolling smiley

> I never said he sucked. I said at his peak he was
> above average at the one thing that was his
> strength as a player. Beyond that he was "sub
> par".
>
> To me that means he's a backup on a good team.
> there's no shame in that.

RESPONSE: Now you've gotten confused again. You've left the house from the front door, wandered around, got confused, re-entered the house from the back door and you think you're in a different house.

If you look back, my post did not single you or your position out. Have you forgotten that YOU TOOK ON MY POST? There were a lot of positions on this thread that said Crowder sucked. What kind of ego do you have that when I rebut that position, you jump up like a dog in a pack of dogs that got hit with a rock some kid threw out at the pack?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 11, 2011 10:15AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 11, 2011 10:30AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 11, 2011 11:08AM

Channing is a throwback player, He has only played on 2 teams the Gators and Dolphins and he bleed those teams and gave everything he had. He added a toughness, and IQ, that cant not be found in any stat. When Channing was healthy, you didnt see anyone start in front of him... And I think that would still exist today, Burnett wouldnt take away first and second down from Crowder when he is healthy...
Crowder had a choice of becoming a journeyman, making a million dollar or so a year. He choose his family, his health, his loyalty to being a dolphin and south florida guy. He is having his first child, he made money, has oppurtunities, so why bounce around the nation, with a young family, getting more concussions for teams he doesnt bleed for, or has his heart for... He always wanted to just be a dolphin. I bet if someone gets hurt and the Dolphins ask for his services, he would resign with the team... Whats wrong with that loyalty?

Date: August 11, 2011 11:42AM

Date: August 11, 2011 11:46AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 11, 2011 12:09PM

I don't understand the Crowder hate. He was an average player for us but he was a good guy and apparently gave it his all. He didn't make any spectacular plays and wasn't Zach or Offerdahl, but he was no Jackie Shipp either. He retired rather than play for a team other then the phins---after working out for NE and not liking it. So if JT goes to the Jets he's a punk, but if Crowder retires rather than play for a team other than Mia he has no heart?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 11, 2011 12:39PM

CC was a strong side LBer half of his career and an ILB the other half. I don't know that he was ever a MLB unless he was subbing for an injured Zach Thomas.

MLBs will always post bigger numbers than either of the other two positions.

I know one fact that cannot be denied. When Crowder was out of the lineup we saw a noticeable decline in stopping the run.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 12, 2011 08:13AM

Crowder52 what the hell are you going to do with that handle now..........

And you are lucky he didnt go play for the pats or else you had to become a pats fan..OUCH.

smileys with beer

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 12, 2011 08:33AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crowder52 what the hell are you going to do with
> that handle now..........
>
> And you are lucky he didnt go play for the pats or
> else you had to become a pats fan..OUCH.
>
> smileys with beer

I'll predict he'll start rooting for another gator. I predict he'll be Pouncy51 at some point.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 12, 2011 08:43AM

I think this week you heard the reason why the defense always suffered when Crowder was out. The other defenders talked about how well Crowder communicated to the rest of the team, and how that will need to be replaced. As a player, Crowder was average. He was always a step late getting to the action, which is why he didn't make big plays, and was never going to be Zach Thomas or John Offerdahl. But, he's a smart guy, and he was the guy communicating things to other players out there. I think this, and the fact that all of the guys who backed him up were below average, is why you saw such a dropoff whenever Crowder was out. We missed his average LB play, and more importantly, his football IQ and communication with his teammmates.

Date: August 12, 2011 09:48AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 12, 2011 12:01PM

Crowder was a good enough player that he got alot of plays at WILB his best positions as others stated from his rookie year. He was a good enough player that when he was healthy since he was drafted, they always found a spot and a way to get him on the field. I enjoyed the days when zach was still playing well, and Crowder was next to him... Crowder is a baller and as other stated, since Zach left he was the IQ and the guy the called out what was going on and directed the defense so other players took the glory, but that is why his teammates loved him and appreciated him, he made them look good, Nobody likes to lose a guy around them that makes them look good, no matter the job or circumstance...Sad to see him go, but I am proud as hell of him that he remained loyal to his team, like all of us fans... and as I said before, injuires pending, I wouldnt be surprised to see him back in aqua and orange again at some point if and when duty calls and his team needs him....

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.