HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jake Long
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jake Long
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: July 15, 2011 05:24PM

I wonder if we realize just how good he is at his position, and how much it hurt the team last half of the season when he essentially was playing with one arm. I watched the video from him making the top 100 list, and I was even more impressed with him because he has the respect of his peers. If Mike pouncey can play center like he did in college, and Jake come back competely healthy. We could have a very dominate offensive line with Incognito,and others filling out the the other spots. I am not saying that all is fixed on offense what I am saying having a dominate offensive line fixes alot of our offensive problems. Do you guys agree with that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jake Long
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 08:43PM

i certainly agree that its a step in the right direction, it'll surely improve our running game, which SHOULD improve our pass game.

but i wouldnt bank on seeing the best of puncey until next year.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: July 16, 2011 04:28AM

Got me a Brand New #77 Jersey and just waiting for the &*^%ing season to start already. I wore my #54 until I found someone worthy to replace it. That man is the team leader as far as I'm concerned. Leads by example. Class Act.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: July 16, 2011 01:22PM

I agree especially when he is in the team huddle telling his teammates that were going to take it to the other team. Jake Long= one bad dude.
I think his teammates respect him, and will go to war with him every game day. I only hope that some of those bad breaks we got last year turn around this year. Anyway getting back to jake it is nice to know as a Dolphins fan that you have the best player in the NFL at his position on your roster. How long has it been since the great Dan Marino that we as fans could say that?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 16, 2011 04:05PM

I'm hoping Carey loses weight and comes back to form. We could have a monster O-Line if the right pieces fall into place...but that's a big IF.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 16, 2011 05:33PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if we realize just how good he is at his
> position, and how much it hurt the team last half
> of the season when he essentially was playing with
> one arm.

I can answer that.... we don't.

Lineman have almost no statistics (except for that numerical block rating system I've seen some of you refer to lately--which I find intriguing). With all the instant info available these days, stats rule and lineman effectively are ignored. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Pouncey can contribute; if he can help us become a running threat, we will go places!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:14AM

who are going to be the guards? is incognito given the RG spot, with Jerry, Berger, and Gardner fighting for the LG? Or do I have the switched? I thought Jerry was supposed to be strictly RG type. Maybe we do need to sign a G who can start....

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:30AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 06:46AM

well that's a damn shame given we spent a 3d on jerry last year

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:00AM

I wouldnt write off Jerry just yet. Something happend behind the scenes that the public is not priviledged to last year, I am almost sure of it, whether it be a weird illness or inappropriate conduct. Either way, I expect Jerry to be a stud this year, and he will defintely hold down one of the starting guard spots, most likely right.
He played really well starting day 1 out of the gate at left and right guard,with a couple expected rookie mistakes, then he had an undisclosed illness and never came back really or at least never got back 100 percent. Before that he was impressive, so that is the Jerry I expect to show up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 08:01AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:02AM

Date: July 18, 2011 05:13AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I wouldnt write off Jerry just yet. Something
> happend behind the scenes that the public is not
> priviledged to last year, I am almost sure of it,
> whether it be a weird illness or inappropriate
> conduct. Either way, I expect Jerry to be a stud
> this year, and he will defintely hold down one of
> the starting guard spots, most likely right.
> He played really well starting day 1 out of the
> gate at left and right guard,with a couple
> expected rookie mistakes, then he had an
> undisclosed illness and never came back really or
> at least never got back 100 percent. Before that
> he was impressive, so that is the Jerry I expect
> to show up.

I heard he took the last French Bread Pizza from T.Saprano's lunch bag......

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 18, 2011 05:53AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
>
>
> I heard he took the last French Bread Pizza from
> T.Saprano's lunch bag......

Tony is from the part of Connecticut where pizza first showed up in the United States. No WAY does he eat French bread pizza, or else he needs to renounce his CT *and* Italian heritage immediately!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.