HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Proposed CBA details leaked
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Proposed CBA details leaked
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 21, 2011 04:02PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Proposed CBA details leaked
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 21, 2011 04:18PM

good deal, sign it

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 21, 2011 04:32PM

Means Thigpen is a FA and we have only Henne and Brandstater under contract

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: June 21, 2011 05:27PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 22, 2011 03:40AM

It sounds on first glance like a decent deal for both sides. Although, there are very little details on owners getting credits for new stadium expenses... What exactly and how much credits, where the credit cash comes from, make a huge impact on the deal...
Do all teams get it, or do you get it when you build a new stadium and how much do you get...
I am pretty sure Mr Ross, doesnt like the deal, but it really doesnt matter if he doesnt have 9 other owner who agree with him... While this is good for the NFL and us fans... I do not think it is that good for the Dolphins, which is the side I am on... We will have to see, to much vague descriptions and not enough real details to make a complete judgement at this point... But I am excited that we might get football back soon..

Date: June 22, 2011 03:43AM

ps- The 4 year players and up, becoming UFA's, now it makes sense that we tagged Solia... Ireland new something we didnt, and that was if he didnt tag SOlia, he would have created a major problem at NT when the new CBA, would have made him an unrestricted free agent.

Date: June 22, 2011 04:12AM

I like the Rookie wage scale, But Owners are required to spend 95% of
the Cap every Year? So they have to waste money now? I like saving cap space. Thats bullshit.

Date: June 22, 2011 04:34AM

Date: June 22, 2011 04:53AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 22, 2011 05:49AM

Date: June 22, 2011 06:12AM

Phinfans,
I dont think Ross will be getting to much money from tax payers for the stadium upgrades... The Marlins already burned Miami, and Miami isnt funding anything after that debacle, they already rejected Ross for money.. Ross tried to lobby Broward, since the stadium is actually in Broward not Dade. Broward laughed at him as well. Broward also laughed at the Panthers owenrship who are asking for funds for an arena facelift as well.. So I think the stadium credits in the new CBA, are going to be huge for our Dolphins, under Ross, in getting a roof on the Stadium...
I understand in theory your position, casue it does happen, but your lack of local knowledge, makes you believe that which is not reality for south florida.

Date: June 22, 2011 07:02AM

spending to the cap is something we should all want as fans. you want to be like the bengals who never did, and cheaped out on players and signed no FAs?

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: June 22, 2011 07:22AM

The stadium is in Dade County- just south of the county line by about 2 miles. The stadium is just off NW 199th st, which if you go over the bridge east has an elementary school (Norwood elementary), where I went to school for K-2 grade before moving north to Broward.

Date: June 22, 2011 07:25AM

Date: June 22, 2011 09:22AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 22, 2011 09:33AM

BobT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The stadium is in Dade County- just south of the
> county line by about 2 miles. The stadium is just
> off NW 199th st, which if you go over the bridge
> east has an elementary school (Norwood
> elementary), where I went to school for K-2 grade
> before moving north to Broward.

Two miles?! I thought it was more like two blocks. (just looked at map) I guess it's one mile from the southern edge of the stadium.

Ross would have had more of an argument if the stadium property straddled both counties, but the training facility is in Broward.

Date: June 22, 2011 10:53AM

Date: June 22, 2011 11:27AM

Date: June 22, 2011 11:34AM

I agree it is in the areas best interest, but the area governments have been sold a bill of goods before and have egg on their face. Broward funded the Panthers Arena in the Huizenga days, they were suppose to recieve a signifigant amount of the profts in a profit share program between the county and the Panthers. The County has never recieved a dime from the Panthers profit share program and they are behind in rent payments by around 7 million at this point to date... The Marlins got heavily financed public stadium deal, and then halfway through construction it came out publicly that they were one of the most profitable teams in baseball because of their minor league pay role and tv revenue sharing...
It hasnt been a good PR move, for a team or politician to take for a while.. You are right, it would make sense that some public funds on some level are involved, and I wouldn't put past the team finding enough politicians who are willing to "fall on the sword" for them to get the stadium deal passed... WHen Billionaiares and local level politicians are involved the John Q public normally get screwed... Not all the time, but alot, and they will have plausible deniability that as you say it is good for the area so they voted for it... Now Ross just needs to get a handful of politicians elected in both counties and few state reps, and bada bing bada bang. New tax and new roof.eye rolling smiley As Carli Hiiasen would say, buying local politicians are certainly cheaper then paying for the stadium himself.sad but true...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 11:48AM by Crowder52.

Date: June 22, 2011 11:42AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

>
> As we discussed/argued in a previous thread, if
> the owners are going to agree to a CBA with a very
> high salary floor, then they are going to have to
> come up with some sort of revenue sharing that
> ensures small market teams can remain HIGHLY
> profitable.
>
> There are a zillion ways to fix this issue but its
> on the owners side of the equation.

It is a tough deal, the argument can be made they are franchsies and it is like telling one McDOnalds they have to share money with some other Mcdonalds because the other owners doesnt know how to run his business or over paid and has to high of overhead... You think the labor agreement was a tough dispute, I think this one is going to be even worse... The day Jerry Jones shares his money with Stephen Ross is the day, I think the apocalypse has happened..loldrinking smiley
Although I think that as I said before it should be that every team makes at least what the highest paid NFL star makes. So I hope I am wrong about Jerry profit sharing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 11:44AM by Crowder52.

Date: June 22, 2011 01:14PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I like the Rookie wage scale, But Owners are
> > required to spend 95% of
> > the Cap every Year? So they have to waste
> money
> > now? I like saving cap space. Thats bullshit.
>
>
> TCPF,
>
> How do you figure?
>
> Owners were required to meet a salary minimum
> before, it was just much lower...something like
> 80-85% of the cap.
>
> All they've done is raise that number so that
> players get much closer to the actual figure they
> are guaranteed by the OWNERS in the CBA.
>
> In exchange for that the players give each owner
> an additional $12.5 mill in revenues.
>
> How is that not fair?

Fair for who? The Players? certainly not the owners. Pay one way of the other they are paying. More cap space equals leavarge over other teams who over spend , like the Jets. thumbs down

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: June 23, 2011 07:33AM

JC Wrote:
> BobT Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The stadium is in Dade County- just south of
> the
> > county line by about 2 miles. The stadium is
> just
> > off NW 199th st, which if you go over the
> bridge
> > east has an elementary school (Norwood
> > elementary), where I went to school for K-2
> grade
> > before moving north to Broward.
>
>
> Two miles?! I thought it was more like two blocks.
> (just looked at map) I guess it's one mile from
> the southern edge of the stadium.
>
> Ross would have had more of an argument if the
> stadium property straddled both counties, but the
> training facility is in Broward.

You might be right- I haven't measured it lately grinning smiley
I do know from 441 and 199th st , it is about 2 miles to County Line road. It might be a shorter distance on the west side of the turnpike. Maybe because his training facility is in Broward was the reason he thought he could get Broward to kick in some money? I do remember when the stadium was being built, the talk radio hosts were telling people it was being built right on the county line and half of the filed would be in Dade, and half in Broward ( a north-south positioned field). Either they were ribbing us, or they were misinformed...

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 23, 2011 10:01AM

BobT Wrote:
>
>
> You might be right- I haven't measured it lately
> grinning smiley

Me neither, heh. I was just going by the Dade County yardstick of 16 north-south blocks on the numbered street system being one mile, and 10 blocks being one mile east-west.

I thought County Line Road was around 215th street or so, which would be one mile from 199th. But who knows.

Even though I don't live in FL anymore I still don't want to see taxpayers get blackmailed into a billion dollar stadium. I do like how they're upgrading the current building instead, although the amount they're spending on that makes me wonder if a new stadium wouldn't be cheaper.

Date: June 23, 2011 10:29AM

Yes Bob T, you are right it is in Dade, and JC you are right, most creditations of its location tout that it is just one mile south of the Broward County line. Since it is a 160 acres or so property, points are surely 2 miles away as well..lol...
I always thought it was on the Broward side of the line, but I was wrong, I guess as a kid when we didnt have to drive to the Orange bowl anymore it just felt like it was in my backyard, and the crowd and local advertising was heavily Broward in the stadium, compared to the orange bowl days..The orange bowl didnt get the plam beach and stuart crowd like Joe Robbie Stadium seems to...
That is why the Marlins went down to the old orange bowl area, a huge baseball living cuban community within walking distance of the stadium... Broward has so few locals anymore, we are the kings of fairweather fans, who are more likely to root for the other team then the Dolphins, because of such a high transplant community... sucks.... In this town if you arent winning people are not coming to the games...Not everybody but a majority.Which is why if Ross can turn around the team into a playoff winner, it will help his bottom line tremendously.... The Heat are sold out top dollar, the Panthers and Dolphins arent even close...

Date: June 23, 2011 04:27PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:34PM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 26, 2011 08:09PM

Date: June 27, 2011 05:27AM

Date: June 27, 2011 09:19AM

in ghoti's world, the players win when a CBA gets signed. doesn't matter the terms.

Date: June 27, 2011 09:24AM

Berk- good point, we actually all do win when this agreement gets signed! Hopefully our Dolphins get themselves into some better shape financially as well.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.