HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ugh!! I'm DONE with pro sports!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ugh!! I'm DONE with pro sports!!!
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: June 13, 2011 04:30PM

Give the Heat a year to gel.
Vegas has them 3-1 fav to win it all next year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: June 13, 2011 05:19PM

think for most people ,myslef included, its more abotu the personalties of the players than the team...now to be honest i cant really call myself an nba fan but that being said i was glad to see the self annointed ones go down but wouldnt have really cared either way(too wrapped up in my bruins right now anyways)..them and the phins are really the only teams i truly care about

Date: June 13, 2011 06:05PM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Time for me to take up a hobby that doesn't
> involve watching sports on TV.

I agree. I'm building a guitar this summer. F the NFL and all their negativity. See ya in 2012. looking forward to a new President as well.

Date: June 13, 2011 06:37PM

ok just saw a clip from lebums post game..as i said im not a big nba guy so dont really mean much and i always felt that even though he maybe mishandle soem things lebron had gotten a bum deal thru the press and thought he was a pretty cool guy...IMO now he is a complete and total tool...he pretty much said we(anybody who isnt getting paid millions to play a game) all have sad little lives in his mind(ok maybe from his viewpoint he may have a point)...this is why everyone wants to see the heat lose and if i wre a heat fan it would make me cringeguy is a clown and count me among the masses that hope his nba career spirals downward from here and he winds up with many illigitemate children that bankrupt him in the end

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 13, 2011 06:53PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > Time for me to take up a hobby that doesn't
> > involve watching sports on TV.
>
>
>
>
> I agree. I'm building a guitar this summer. F the
> NFL and all their negativity. See ya in 2012.
> looking forward to a new President as well.

thumbs up

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 13, 2011 08:13PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 13, 2011 09:22PM

Well, Ghotirule, I can't contradict you from the way the whole series was called by the Refs.

The refs were calling two different sports.

When the Mavs had the ball, they were refereeing a basketball game in terms of contact by the Heat.

When the Heat had the ball, they switched to refereeing a football game in terms of contact by the Mavs. In order words no contact was called a foul unless it would have been a foul in football.

Date: June 14, 2011 02:23AM

angryseas2000 Wrote:
> ok just saw a clip from lebums post game..as i
> said im not a big nba guy so dont really mean much
> and i always felt that even though he maybe
> mishandle soem things lebron had gotten a bum deal
> thru the press and thought he was a pretty cool
> guy...IMO now he is a complete and total tool...he
> pretty much said we(anybody who isnt getting paid
> millions to play a game) all have sad little lives
> in his mind

He was addressing those haters who were happy to see him lose and preferred to laugh at him rather than show good sportsmanship. He wasn't addressing his fans. It was an emotional time, and I don't blame him. Nowitzki wasn't much better, and he WON the game!!

Seriously, why do we hate a guy who has never been arrested, never beat his wife, was never involved in a shooting, didn't torture and/or kill helpless animals, etc.., and yet we so easily forgive other athletes who DO do that stuff? Those people who hate Lebron but root for guys like Michael Vick or Ben Rothlisberger are hypocrites!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 02:24AM by montequi.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 14, 2011 07:29AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 14, 2011 07:50AM

come on, that's a big overstatement. since "the decision," and until whatever he said post this last game (I have been boycotting coverage of the game since I am still not over the loss), LeBron has done and said all of the right things. Other than these comments you are referring to, can you name one thing he said that was "mean" or controversail (please don't mention the wade/lebron "coughing" thing, making fun of Dirk, boo hoo).

Date: June 14, 2011 10:38AM

I'm with berk and Montequi. It's not only that LeBron's sins including his press coverage and his "cough" were not at the level of other players actually arrested for their conduct like beating a wife or killing dogs for pleasure, but it does not even rise to the level of Randy Moss, crybabying about the quality of food provided by a blue collar working man trying to make a living.

Come ON! The cough????? It was kind of a cute joke. If it had been me, I would have been all in praise for Dirk citing the fact that he was so sick and that he did so great for his team and that being a testament not only for his love of the game but for his ability.

They didn't do that. Was it kind of a shot? Indeed. Is it poor sportsmanship, probably. Does it rise to the level of defining them as "dirtbags?" No.

Does it rise to the higher level of "I don't want to root for such a person?" Hell No.

I think what it really is is what I pointed out first. You guys really don't like franchise players to change teams.

That's really at the root of your anger. And that makes Monte right that you guys are just "haters."

Hey, remember when this first happened and people were talking about it on the board, my comments were that you guys would have to get past Boston first and that the Lakers would kick your ass anyway, LeBron or No.

But don't be a hater.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 14, 2011 11:39AM

Date: June 14, 2011 12:31PM

wouldnt call myself a hater because not being an nba guy i dont care too much one way or the other...im glad they didn't win this year just because they kind of preordained themselves champs before the season started and while i dont care if they win or not next year i didnt want them to win this year just to knock the smugness out of them..i actually kind of liked lebron and maybe i as well as others misinterpreted his post game statements but to me it still seems as a guy a bit beaten down that let his true self show in some raw emotion

Date: June 14, 2011 01:40PM

I'm not saying that you are saying he is a criminal, PF2. I'm just saying that given the level of hating, a Martian in a spaceship just hearing you guys on an interplanetary radio and knowing nothing what he did would think that what he did to offend you rose to the level of being something criminal. In other words, you are going overboard with the "LeBum" stuff and all. But I'm just a Laker-Thunder fan.

Date: June 14, 2011 05:43PM

angryseas2000 Wrote:
> wouldnt call myself a hater because not being an
> nba guy i dont care too much one way or the
> other...im glad they didn't win this year just
> because they kind of preordained themselves champs
> before the season started

I don't remember this kind of hate when Gary Peyton and Karl Malone joined Kobe and Shaq in L.A., but they pretty much did the same thing. I know many people were happy to see them lose, but no one called Malone or Peyton bums.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.