Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Looks like Ricky wants to stay in South Florida........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Looks like Ricky wants to stay in South Florida........
Date: June 08, 2011 03:46PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looks like Ricky wants to stay in South Florida........
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 08, 2011 04:19PM

it is pretty freaking good!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 09, 2011 12:25AM

Doesnt mean the FO wants him back in South Florida.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 09, 2011 03:40AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doesnt mean the FO wants him back in South
> Florida.

Correct!

It also means his agent isn't getting any buzz from other teams.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 09, 2011 05:44AM

Date: June 09, 2011 07:37AM

ricky will play next year, either for us or someone else, probably the pats!

Date: June 09, 2011 08:35AM

Anyone know if Ricky still owes multi-million $ to the Phins organization?
I know his contract is over but did he pay back the signing bonus/whatever it was that he legally forfeited when he quit to go smoke pot a few years back?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 09, 2011 09:10AM

Given a choice between Ricky and Ronnie (although I know that's not an issue), PF2, I'd take Ricky. The apocyalpse is off again.

Ricky has much more natural ability even with his age. Ronnie was always just a grade A runner while Ricky was an A+ runner.

Ronnie just puts his head down and trys to bull his way through, even when nothing is there. He never had the elusiveness that Ricky had.

Ricky is almost impossible to bring down in the open field. There's no comparison so if it is time for anyone to "move on" it's Ronnie.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 09, 2011 09:19AM

JC,
Ricky doesnt owe the Phins anymore money, the last deal he had, forgave or restructured the past debt, into his expiring contract... Huizenga & family, had a soft spot for Ricky..

Ricky might have a shot, if he works it out with Sparano. Sparano, can either see Ricky as a tool to bring the team together, or an excuse of what might tear them apart... I personally like Ricky alot, but thought he was way out of line, at the end of last season with SID, when he took shots at Sparano.... I thought Sparano, calling him out the way he did, probably saved his team still respecting him... And then ultimately Ricky conceded to Sparano, saying Sparano was right.... I am pretty sure Sparano was personally hurt by Ricky, but then again who didnt hurt or take shots at Sparano, at the end of last season...

Date: June 09, 2011 09:27AM

I don't recall crowder, what did sporano say about ricky in response to his comments on the rosenberg show?

Date: June 09, 2011 09:35AM

He said if Ricky was actually the great teammate he claims to be, why wouldnt or didnt he bring this up or address it to his teammates and coaches during the season, to try and improve or better the team, rather he waited until the end of the season to spew it publicly on the radio to SID. (paraphrased of course)

Date: June 09, 2011 10:53AM

Thanks for the clarification Crowder re Ricky's former debt to the team.

I say the price has to be right, then yeah sign him.

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: June 09, 2011 11:08AM

Richard & Ronald, at this point, need to both go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 11:09AM by sleekdogg.

Date: June 09, 2011 11:24AM

I have this special place in my heart for Ricky, I think, he is the last connection to the team from yester years, so seeing the team succeed or reach its goal with him still aroud would be special to me personally for the above reasons. But ultimately Ricky undermind his coach and made fun of him publicly, because he was upset about not being offered a new deal... That could be very ad for the locker room, if that undertone of resenment towards Sparanos ways were left to continue, as Ricky seem to insinuate by his comments he did make publicly regarding the matter. He said Sparano micromanaged things to death to the detriment of success, he said SParano coaching style got lost in the details and takes your eye off of winning, He said it doesnt matter if your details are right but you still lose, or if you win but the details are wrong. Its all about winning, and he thought the team lost sight of that do to Sparanos style. He said guys are so afraid to mess up, that they mess up, and lose sight of winning.. I am not sure, but that has to be addressed by Sparano to the team, how he does it will have a large impact on the success of the team under him. He might see that turning Ricky's attitude around, will be like turning the teams attitude around.. Or he might say, that type of attitude doesnt belong here. So he was the poison that has to go... Its a coin flip.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 09, 2011 01:00PM

Isn't there an Arena Football team in Miami?

Date: June 09, 2011 02:07PM

Quote:

"I have this special place in my heart for Ricky, I think, he is the last connection to the team from yester years"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I find that a tad weird, I guess. Reason being, I dont immediately think of Ricky being a Dolphin the way I do other great players in the history of this league.

Ricky is so weird, that his legacy will go down in history....as simply a weird guy.

---------------------

Date: June 09, 2011 02:27PM

I like Ricky too (though the more I heard him talk on Sid, the more pretentious he started to sound), but not for his connection to the Jay Feidler, Wannstach years. Those I am trying to forget if at all possible!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 10, 2011 05:18AM

Ricky was all about potential. He COULD HAVE been amazing for us. I think, in his prime, he was still the best RB (not FB...so no Csonka comparisons here) we ever had. The problem is the timing was off...and so was Ricky at the time.

But then, what if Andra Franklin hadn't gotten hurt and had played with Marino? What if O.J. McDuffie had avoided his injury and had a longer career? What if Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield hadn't left for the WFL?

Lots of WHAT IFs!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 10, 2011 09:01AM

I would have Ricky than Brown. Whatever Rock's faults I have always respected him for being his own person.

Date: June 10, 2011 10:49AM

I didnt respect him when he quit on us in 2004.

---------------------

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 10, 2011 04:54PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didnt respect him when he quit on us in 2004.

This

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 21, 2011 04:31AM

Yeah i was really pissed at him too for quitting on us. Looked like his addiction was bigger than his will to play football. I never trusted him after that happening. And he is in the last stages of his career. So its not a big deal if he doesnt come back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.