HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A Fair Deal?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
A Fair Deal?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 03:14AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Fair Deal?
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:22AM

Date: May 27, 2011 05:18AM

Exactly.....since when is buisness fair? The Owners are taking all the responsibility. They are THE OWNERS. OWNERS being the key word. Why do the players think they deserve Half , or even anything? I really think that everyone needs to get fired. Clean House.

The NFL and each Team can start over with an organized draft. 20 rounds depending on last years records. if you want to be a part of the new NFL join the draft. If Not go get a Job elsewhere.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 27, 2011 05:43AM

Crowder, the owners in general hate unions right? The players have de-certified as a union right? Why haven't the owners lifted the lockout and put into place, rules that they want? Ask yourself what's stopping them from doing that? Why haven't these brilliant business men been able to come up with a set of rules and lifted the lockout? Just answer me that question........please, anyone please answer that question.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: May 27, 2011 06:13AM

Okay dolphaholic

Each team is a separate entity. If they then collaborate on pay, prices, benefits that would violate the anti trust laws.

Where the owners screwed up is insisting on being separate entities. If the league was the entity, kind of like that wrestling league, what the heck was it called? Anyway they had the right idea just not enough money.

Now I do believe that where there is a will there is a way.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 06:39AM

crowder aren't you ignoring the fact that the 50/50 or whatever split comes into play only after the owners take a billion or so off the top? previsously they got 1 billion off the top, and the question now is how much more off the top they get (the reason why the players are asking to see the books, to justify this additional amount)? that is what covers the expenses, etc. I don't claim to know every detail of what this dispute is about, but that's my rudimentary understanding, anyway

Date: May 27, 2011 06:48AM

Last time I checked this isn't a Goverment or Tax Player run buisness. WTF are they to demand to see anything? I'm sorry , Yes Billionares have the same rights as any other buisness owner in this country.

I've taken a pay cut , and so have many other Americans. You take what you are offered or leave. Its that simple. I really hope the owners hold their ground.

Date: May 27, 2011 06:54AM

Nope Berk, the latest offer of 50/50 does not include a billion. The deal with the billion wa when the players were getting 59% and the owners only 41%. If you see the players never really gave up much with their offer, the gave up 9% but gained a billion... Lol. Players are playing a slide of hand trick with their offer

Date: May 27, 2011 07:03AM

As soon as one of you guys take me up on my offer, I don't accept seriously much of the argument from you guys. Because none of you will agree to what you expect the owners to agree to... So you obviously subconsciously don't disagree with the owners position... You just don't even realize it. Because of the story you so dearly want to buy on behalf of the players... Who in reality have been robbing the owners through the court system for years, IMO.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 27, 2011 07:21AM

So Crowder, if they're sharing the expenses shouldn't the owners have to open the books to show what's true expenses? Sounds "fair" to me no?

Date: May 27, 2011 07:22AM

Date: May 27, 2011 07:26AM

Date: May 27, 2011 07:34AM

Date: May 27, 2011 08:15AM

is the 200mm over the amount already "given back" under the prior deal, or the total give back offered?

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 27, 2011 08:32AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: May 27, 2011 08:33AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leon In Denver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Okay dolphaholic
> >
> > Each team is a separate entity. If they then
> > collaborate on pay, prices, benefits that would
> > violate the anti trust laws.
> >
> > Where the owners screwed up is insisting on
> being
> > separate entities. If the league was the
> entity,
> > kind of like that wrestling league, what the
> heck
> > was it called? Anyway they had the right idea
> just
> > not enough money.
> >
> > Now I do believe that where there is a will
> there
> > is a way.
>
>
> They tried to go that route. It was the infamous
> "American Needle case" from two years ago. They
> lost.
>
> The NFL is no more one entity than the gas
> companies are. They work hand in hand to control
> their common product and its distribution, but
> they compete against each other for market share
> and profit.

Exactly.

They would have to all agree to disband the NFL and form a new league in which the owners are members and not separate entities. That won't happen but as I see it that would be the only way.

Now that the union is no more I would think that the owners could work under to old contract until an agreement is reached. However, that would not solve the issue as the players would just keep working and not negotiate. Anyway, it's a freaking mess.

Date: May 27, 2011 08:40AM

Just so we are clear on this Phinfans, the players offered an additional 6.25 million a team, to help with their financial troubles...lol
What does Peyton Manning make 23 million a year or so?
The players offer of giving each team 6.26 million is a joke IMO....

I know you can make it sound like alot , they gave them 200 million... Well there are 32 teams... 6.25 million probably doest not even cover the electric bill at the facilities and stadiums, but it was a nice gesture? drinking smiley

Date: May 27, 2011 08:43AM

SO ok, you guys cover all the expenses, we get 50 percent of gross, and we will give you 6.25 million a year per team... I think the players should take on the owners resposibilites

I think the owners should say, we take 50 percent of gross, then we will pay all of the expense, and give you what is left, plus 6.25 million per team...

The players would not accept the same deal or terms, they want the owners to accept. But the owners would surely accept the same deal they are willing to offer the players.... What does that tell you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 08:45AM by Crowder52.

Date: May 27, 2011 08:46AM

Date: May 27, 2011 08:47AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> So Crowder, if they're sharing the expenses
> shouldn't the owners have to open the books to
> show what's true expenses? Sounds "fair" to me no?

I am sure the owners will be more then willing to open up the books, if the players agree to pay 50 percent of cost,...
The players currently want them to open the books, and not pay any cost..very different scenario

Date: May 27, 2011 09:41AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

> Except for one thing...there will be 800-1000 of
> the best players in the sport out there who you
> are blackballing from your new NFL. How long do
> you think it takes before they hook up with a few
> rich guys and form a new league where the players
> are partners with the owners?
>
> My guess is about 15 seconds.

And they will all make alot less then they make currently. And i mean alot less, the teams and NFL have built up a brand, those brands is what brings in the fans, not just a handful of players.
The owners also control and in some situations own stadiums. If the players want to go play arena ball, they should just go do it now.\
The structure and brand is what gives the NFL value, the players alone, are just an unorganized bunch of guys. If they really want to play for ten percent of what they make now, why wouldnt they just except the owners deal....lol

Date: May 27, 2011 12:43PM

Date: May 27, 2011 02:18PM

Date: May 27, 2011 02:39PM

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:12PM

Date: May 27, 2011 04:18PM

but under your stats the owners were getting 1 billion off the top so it's not fair to say they were splitting everything 50-50

Date: May 27, 2011 04:21PM

Date: May 27, 2011 04:34PM

Date: May 27, 2011 04:49PM

Date: May 27, 2011 06:55PM

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.