Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Just want to make a point about whats going on with the lockout..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Just want to make a point about whats going on with the lockout..
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 26, 2011 02:26PM

I want to make a point about whats going on...

There is nothing like that feeling you get when you wake up on sunday and the first thought in your mind (yes even if you have kids and they are grown up and wife meaning you have a life or whatever ) is .........the phins game starts at 1 oclock. Let me call my friends . They will come over or vise versa...And we will watch the game together.

OR Sometimes you go to the games and gather outside and barbeque and have a good time...Nothing like it!!!!!smiling smiley

I like baseball and basketball but nothing gives me the feeling of a NFL football afternoon...Nothing....

There are so many fans that work and only day off is sunday.....And the 1 oclock game is like a religion.....with all due respect to god and religions all over....i dont mean it like that....I mean something you are used to ever sunday for about 6 months....EVERY YEAR

And now comes my point..........WHich is the lockout....

Who the hell pays these players salaries?

Isn't us the fans?

Right?

Are you still with me?

I dont have too much time to read or browse or anything since im working all the time and my only day off is sunday....I do post from work since i work in an office and we have internet access....

Now back to the lockout...And a final thought.

IF there is no football this year............the only thing this is telling me is that neither the players or the owners or the commisioner or whoever else is associated with this mess.........Gives a crap about US fans.....WHO AGAIN are the ones who pay the players salaries and make these so called owners rich.

If there was no fans there could not be an NFL.

Give the fans a break guys.

Go phins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just want to make a point about whats going on with the lockout..
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 26, 2011 02:43PM

I dont think either side gives a cr*p about the fans unfortunately. They both hide behind the fans, and they both say how they know how much it is hurting the fans, and then they blame the other side for it all, Even though they say, they know how bad this is for the fans, they dont expect, anything of themselves for the remedy it seems. Nothing happens for the fans, if both sides dont take some responsbility to the fact, they have put the fans in this position. Lets hope they stop blaming each other, and both sides and their leaders take some personal responsibilty into getting this job and or deal done...

Date: May 26, 2011 02:58PM

crowder52 i mean............

We already agreed to........

1...the price of admission increased and we said OK.

2. The price of parking doubled and we said OK.

3. The price of a hotdog and a coke is 7 bucks when it should be around 3.50? and we said OK

4. The price of a dominos personal pizza is about 10 bucks and we said OK.....A personal pizza thats so small it barelly fullfills a 5 year old kid.

5. The price of merchandise is not cheap we said OK

Are we supposed to say ok to the lockout as well..?

I wish if there is a lockout that everyfan stops watching the NFL and i feel like a dam hypocrite saying this because i know i myself would never stop watching the phins.

Date: May 26, 2011 03:12PM

I hear ya and Feel ya Sam. But if there is no season who loses? EVERYBODY. Billioniares lose Millions. Players lose millions. TV execs all Lose millions.

It sucks for us, But I'm going to make some money. I probably spend 2 grand on the season. 3 game ticket Package for my oldest , my dad and me. Parking , gas, food. Couple new jerseys, and I have to comp out at work to get Sundays off.

But The Egos never win over the almighty $$$. Look for the players to cave. They just don't have as deep pockets.

Date: May 26, 2011 03:17PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hear ya and Feel ya Sam. But if there is no
> season who loses? EVERYBODY. Billioniares lose
> Millions. Players lose millions. TV execs all Lose
> millions.
>
> It sucks for us, But I'm going to make some money.
> I probably spend 2 grand on the season. 3 game
> ticket Package for my oldest , my dad and me.
> Parking , gas, food. Couple new jerseys, and I
> have to comp out at work to get Sundays off.
>
> But The Egos never win over the almighty $$$. Look
> for the players to cave. They just don't have as
> deep pockets.

Yeah thats a good point and another way to look at it.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 26, 2011 07:32PM

Date: May 27, 2011 02:48AM

SamSam, Treasure, I hear ya,
I gave up my best season tickets when they doubled the price in 2007. They had been in my family since the inception of the stadium, but when they wanted 700 dollars a ticket per game. I folded. I blame the players for the game becoming outrageously expensive, that it is no longer a family experience. Now I just go as part of the corporate experience from my work. The players salaries IMO hold the greates blame for it no longer being a family game. TO bad, this sport in my lifetime was made what it is, by Grandparents taking grandkids or parents taking children...Sad, the game will never be the same, with ridiculous rookie wages and top FA wages. I feel bad for most of the players, they get screwed by the wants adn desires of a handful of superstars and their destructive agents...

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:18AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 06:42AM

crowder, you "blame the players" for the owners doubling the cost of the tickets, beer, etc. really? they are making that decision? I respect your opinions and the strength with which you hold them, but you are viewing this so-one sidedly it's amazing. trust me, the players are not 100% to blame for everything, nor are the owners.

Date: May 27, 2011 07:40AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> crowder, you "blame the players" for the owners
> doubling the cost of the tickets, beer, etc.
> really? they are making that decision? I respect
> your opinions and the strength with which you hold
> them, but you are viewing this so-one sidedly it's
> amazing. trust me, the players are not 100% to
> blame for everything, nor are the owners.

Blame the players agents as well.

1. Players
2. Owners
3. Commissioner
4. Players agents
5. All their egos

PS. Meaning everybody is up for making millions. And im talking lots of millions of dollars. And we end up paying for the whole thing like always. One way or another. YUP the poor people that work 12 hours a day making just a bit over minimun wage.

You know that saying the poor get poorer while the rich get richer.

Its always been like that.

Date: May 27, 2011 08:14AM

blame EVERYONE. not just the players. It is arguable who deserves more or less blame for the work stoppage, but it's completely unreasonable to put 100% of the blame on the players for ticket prices and the cost of cencessions going up.

Date: May 27, 2011 08:24AM

Date: May 27, 2011 08:30AM

Date: May 27, 2011 10:06AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> crowder, you "blame the players" for the owners
> doubling the cost of the tickets, beer, etc.
> really? they are making that decision? I respect
> your opinions and the strength with which you hold
> them, but you are viewing this so-one sidedly it's
> amazing. trust me, the players are not 100% to
> blame for everything, nor are the owners.

I blame both, Berk, The owners are greedy and so are the players, I believe these large salaries, signing bonuses, and especially 1st rd rookie money is just a waste, for nothing. There is no justifiable reason to justify the pay, an unknown rookie picked in the first rd gets guranteed. Along with the bad deal, the owners got in the last cba, played in part into the price increases.
I dont think the owners are good guys, but i dont think NFLPA is any better if not worse.. Think of it from a Dolphin fans, our product has gotten less and less competitive and entertaining, yet the cost of the experience has skyrocketed... Look how much we all pay for the NFL ticket.... That is kind of insane, but we all suck it up and do it every year... The bottom line, is I believe that if the players made less money, the tickets would be lower... I understand the position that the owners are greedy and would just use it to make more money, maybe so, I cant argue with that..Just not what i believe...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 10:08AM by Crowder52.

Date: May 27, 2011 11:11AM

if the owners demanded less profit, tickets would be lower. it works both ways, and frankly, since higher player salaries equals getting the best possible talent in the NFL, at least the extra money given to the players increases the entertainment value (that's the whole reason we are going to games). If you let the owners squeeze the players, then you will see other leagues form, to the determient of the NFL product. I don't know about you, but I only want to follow one pro football league, and one team. I'd rather pay the players more than watch a crappy Dolphins play a crappy Pats, while top talent plays for the Miami Sharks of some upstart league. The NFL is not like any other business that people on this board may own or be a part of. Players are not fungible like regular employees---if your secretary doesn't like her pay, you can tell her to stick it and hire another secretary with not much discrenable difference to anyone. If you squeeze the players in the same way, you risk ruining the entire operation.

Date: May 27, 2011 12:02PM

SOrry I dont buy the new leauges and weakening the product. Other leagues try and fail, and come and go, none of them have hurt the NFl product. That is a fallacy IMO. Competition is good, I hope more league starts, any players that play for them are foolish, if they wanna make 1/tenth the money... They will not play for them.
The NFL has nothing to fear, of what the xfl, the USFL reforming, the canadian football leauge, arena football... Please tell me?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 27, 2011 02:12PM

Date: May 27, 2011 06:14PM

Date: May 27, 2011 08:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.