HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Omar said, If Paul Solia can go from chopping block
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Omar said, If Paul Solia can go from chopping block
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:01PM

Poll
Will Henne turn around his play this year from last year in a positive way?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
12 votes were received.
yes 11

92%
no 1

8%

I found this comment pretty thought provoking and figured i would pass it on, wish i could take credit but it was from Omar Kelly,paraphrased-
If Paul Solia can go from the chopping block at the end of 2009 to the the Franchise player after 2010, why cant Chad Henne do the same.
I thought it was a great point, all players develop at different paces for different reasons. WHy cant this be Chad Henne's year.
I have heard talk from players that have seen the playbook, that it opens up the offense, and should tend to favor Hennes playing style. And allow Henne to see the field the way he wants to see the field... It will be easier for Henne to envision whats going on, on the field and take advantage of the matchups. Henne now, has a cordinator that is implementing a system designed to make the most of his style of play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2011 01:03PM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Omar said, If Paul Solia can go from chopping block
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 01:29PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:07PM

theoretically he could do it. he has the physical skills. I think he lacks a bit upstairs and in the leadership dept. it's now or never for him, he's got a better OL, better WRs (a pretty decent group it has to be admitted), hopefully a better running game, and the coaching can't be any worse. if he can pull it off it will turn this team into a contender. if not it's back to the drawing board.

Date: May 17, 2011 03:12PM

Because There is a hell of alot more decision making at the QB posistion then at a O Linemans. Basically they call the play and you follow it. A QB has just a few more responsibilities. Physically I don't question Henne. He could chew a Player like Mark Sanchez up and spit him out. But he doesn't have the intangibles that the posistion requires. Somethings you can't learn, you either have it or you don't. I hope I'm wrong as hell, But he don't have it.

Date: May 17, 2011 03:26PM

First off, Solia is defensive lineman, a nose tackle in the 3-4. So I am not sure what you are talking about the Olineman. Sanchez and Henne are nothing alike IMHO. People talk about the game slowing down. At times Henne has looked great and at others, he doesnt. I think I agree with both Berk and Phinfans, they both made great points. I understand your postions though Treasure, Henne's play and the entire offenses play was a let down and deflating to fans.

Date: May 17, 2011 03:40PM

Thanks for taking a chance on me BTW! smileys with beer

You go to any Dolphins gamnes this year , first round is on me!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 18, 2011 02:41AM

I am still not sold on Solia he has to do it again this season, I hope the light has gone on for him.

Date: May 18, 2011 07:22AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am still not sold on Solia he has to do it again
> this season, I hope the light has gone on for him.

Doesn't matter for him, he got his money either way.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 19, 2011 08:13AM

What scares me about Soliai is his improvement in a contract year. He and Tony McD....same issue.

More often than not they play big for a contract and then sit back and relax while they regress.

I hope not but it wouldn't be the first time.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: May 31, 2011 11:29AM

10 to 1 that Henne will turn it around this year! That speaks for itself, how many of you thought that would be the result of this poll?

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: May 31, 2011 03:25PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What scares me about Soliai is his improvement in
> a contract year. He and Tony McD....same issue.
>
> More often than not they play big for a contract
> and then sit back and relax while they regress.
>
> I hope not but it wouldn't be the first time.

I actually thought Soliai turned the corner late in the 2009 season. I thought that was when he really started to contribute consistently. So, I am hopeful that he really has figured things out, and continues to play at a high level. But, it's a very valid point. I think you really have to worry about the "big" guys during this lockout. Are these guys staying in the kind of condition they would be if not for the lockout?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.