Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          is this the most stupid freaking team of all time?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
is this the most stupid freaking team of all time?
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: May 16, 2011 06:44PM

Hello everyone, let me start by saying I have been called many names on this site due to my posts and opinions. But i have also followed this team for over 40yrs and know alittle about this organization and the bullshit that flows thru it. I told everyone they would not get rid of sparano, get a qb in the draft and would not bring in a big time OC. Apparently the a hole known as the owner cant remember saying that he wanted the team to be exciting and a powerhouse and blah blah blah. The biggest kicker for me is the announcement of the salary cuts to all the people trying to make a living (not the over freaking paid players ) but the jock strap washer for gods sake! now on the heels of this, the idiots running our beloved team hire a freaking figure head that wont do crap for the team. Call me whatever you want, but this group of people who own/run the team have to be the biggest most ignorant flipping morons i have never had the pleasure of meeting, cuz i might just slap the sob.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is this the most stupid freaking team of all time?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 16, 2011 06:58PM

what are you talking about? who is the "figure head"?

Date: May 16, 2011 07:19PM

Mark Brockelman as Senior Vice President/Chief Financial and Administrative Officer of the Miami Dolphins and Sun Life Stadium.

The press release came thru today. i mean seriously?

Date: May 16, 2011 07:23PM

why do you care about this? is anyone saying this is supposed to affect the product on the field one way or another? it's not like they named him head coach. put another way, who would you like them to have named "Senior Vice President/Chief Financial and Administrative Officer of the Miami Dolphins and Sun Life Stadium"? who was a better choice?

is this a put on?

Date: May 16, 2011 07:36PM

I care about this only for the fact that this is so damn stupid. Ross says he had to cut salaries for all the employees cuz sales are down, duhhh and the lockout. then he turns around and hires a no name for a no name job. Just a stupid classless thing to do , meaning his timing is that of an idiot. I dont know, but i have my own business and i would not cut my guys salary , tell them i have no cash then go buy a freaking ferrari. thats all im saying it just is stupid to me.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: May 16, 2011 11:42PM

"Ross had to cut salaries for all the employees, then he turns around and hires a no name for a no name job"

"I would not cut my guys salary, tell them i have no cash then go buy a freaking ferrari"

Sooooo hiring the no name guy to work the no name job = buying a ferrari? confused smiley

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Date: May 17, 2011 02:31AM

Let me ask you something Fielder........

Say we go 12-4 , win the AFC east, make it to the AFC Championship game and sweep the Jets this Season.

Would you still give a shit about who was the VP of the Hotdog vendors? eye rolling smiley

Date: May 17, 2011 03:06AM

ok, u guys just arent getting the point im trying to make. Treasurecoast that would be a great year lol, but um not happening and yeah it would still freaking bother me. These idiots are trying to get a new coach right in front of sparano, cant even do that and then tell him you always were the man and bump the salary up?? You dont see the complete moronic decisions constantly? my point to this is, i dont care who the hotdog vendor is, just to me it slaps all the employees in the teeth who now have less money to feed their kids. For an example, say you have a car that is broken down you dont have the money to fix it , your walking to work and your wife comes home with a fur coat. wouldnt that be a bit stupid?? bad comparison i know but i hope you see the point.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:36AM

I get the OP's point.

We cut the salaries of the average schmoe, then turn around and hire someone at obviously a much higher salary. That's crap. Even if it doesn't directly affect things on the field, it's still crap. It's a show of arrogance that does not portray our team in a good image, and yes it could adversely affect morale across the entire organization.

Imagine you're a Phins employee in ticketing or customer service and your entire job consists of taking phone call (or in person) complaints all day from people who are completely pissed off about something. Tickets are too expensive, they got the wrong seats, they got billed for the wrong amount, their deposit got lost, etc. You got people yelling at you all day, you get paid a pittance. Then you get the memo that your salary gets cut. THEN you hear about the same company hiring a high level executive who obviously makes a multiple of your salary. Yes fiedlerhater, I see the injustice there.

IF this VP post is an entirely new position, they should NOT have filled it until they get the bargaining agreement ironed out AND get the salaries of the lower paid folks reinstated. IF they're replacing a position vacated by someone else, SAME THING--they should not have filled it yet. It sends the wrong message for sure.

Date: May 17, 2011 04:53AM

I see the point too, though it was far from clear his first few posts.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:59AM

Look, Ross is losing money, the Dolphins are in trouble as a business, good businessmen , try and hire the right talented people to turn it around. I have no idea who this guy is, or what he will be doing. But just becasue they hire a new guy or position, it is not neccassarily a bad thing for the organization or other employees. Smart people hire smarter people then them, lets hope that is the case.
I understand the position that it looks poor to announce paycuts, and a new hire in a ten day period. Maybe they need to hire a new director of PR....(hahahah that was my bad humor getting the best of me)

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 17, 2011 05:32AM

I think you guys are getting riled up cause you don't understand the hire. Given the complexity of the salary cuts etc he is likely being hired to sort out the financial mess, and is probably the most essential person on his staff, given the decision he made.

IMHO he probably needs this guy, and it may not necessarily be bad for the employees either if he is any good

Date: May 17, 2011 06:09AM

I see..so hey we're losing money....let's back up a dump truck full of cash to some guy's house to fix the problem.

If this new position is to fix the finances of the company, then he should be on a temporary contract basis, like a consultant's contract. Not a full salaried position.

This would be much less of a PR nightmare if he hadn't cut the rank & file's salary. In fact this new guy should immediately recommend the reinstatement of salaries while he is saving the world in the meantime--that is if that's what he was even hired to do.

Date: May 17, 2011 06:34AM

As long as the guy makes the company or saves the company a signifigant more then he is costing the company then it is a smart hire. As others have said, symobolicly, and PR wise, pretty naive. But when hasnt Mr Ross been naive in his actions. He overpaid for the team in a down economy. He said we were going to the SUperbowl last year publicly, He went chasing after Harbaugh while the world and his coach undercontract watch the step by step analysis on sportscenter... Now this, all of you should expect by now, this guy is a little lost fumbling around in heavily media covered business. His ego wanted the press and prestige of being an NFL owner. Be careful what you wish for..... or in the words of Notorious Big "Mo money mo problems"

Date: May 17, 2011 06:48AM

You really can't compare The Dolphins to other teams in this way. You get a City Like Miami , you can't compare it to NYC, L.A. or Greenbay. Each stadium and each city brings a WAY different demographic, population size, and Job oppourtunities. You can't point to one team and say , Why can't Miami do this? Its a buisness first and foremost. Mr Ross didn't get to where he is without knowing how to make money. He is probably hiring this guy to maybe line up some events for an empty stadium. No pre season football, that Big Concrete Square is going to start co$ting him alot of money. All owners want to win. But lets face it , they lose nothing as long as Tickets or sold. Win or Lose.

But No game. No Money. Billionares don't like that. So they hire a person to make lemonade out of lemons. Concerts whatever. get people in the seats.

Economics 101. In this aspect , No This team IS NOT STUPID. Probably very very smart.

Date: May 17, 2011 07:04AM

Hiring the new guy at a high level position isn't necessarily stupid.

Hiring the new guy at a high level while slashing the salaries of everyone else, most certainly is.

Date: May 17, 2011 07:18AM

Treasure, WHile MR ROss has been very successful in he real estate business, specifically in the New York area. He is a moron in the NFL business arena IMO.
Mr Ross, has lost the marlins, among everything else. There are only 1 or 2 events a year at best that possibly could handle a stadium show.
The loss of baseball cncessions hurt him. THe Hurricanes football contract helped. But Huizengad did that and had its revenue already equated into the sale prices..SO he loses 80 small events next year, alon in the stadium.... Trust me Mr Ross, is defintely smart, lets just say Mr Huizenga is much smarter....

I guess when you get as rich as Mr Ross, it becomes more about preserving wealth then it is making money...lol. That is all I can make out of it....

Date: May 17, 2011 10:40AM

I agree. His Public relations and how the Public sees him needs alot of work. He is not used to doing buisness in the Public Eye.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: May 18, 2011 02:28AM

You think a CFO is a no-name job?

Date: May 18, 2011 05:42AM

Being CFO for the Dolphins is a thankless job, but defintely not a no name that is for sure.. I pitty the poor guy. He has the world on his shoulders with that job and this team....

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 19, 2011 07:01PM

I read last week that two people were fired and that the new hire would be responsible for the duties of both positions.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 20, 2011 10:21PM

Date: May 21, 2011 02:58AM

what's the 8th district court?

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 21, 2011 09:01AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: May 27, 2011 04:11AM

I take your point, The Rooney's, Robbies, Halas' are gone. Apparently the moth-men of modern American business, COST ACCOUNTANTS (gasp!) are at it in the Dolphins Organization. Don't really care though, just want to see things getting done on the field.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.