HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Alright Miamiiii
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Alright Miamiiii
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 08, 2011 11:47AM

Read a column today by Ed Pope, he proposes playing a sound clip of the late, great Jim Mandich saying his famous "Alright Miami" after every phin TD...I love the idea. What do you guys think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alright Miamiiii
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 08, 2011 12:13PM

As long as you get rid of the cheesy Buffet Fins song, I will do anything, that and the dork celebrities saying fins up on the stadium big screens every five minutes during a game.
Go back to the old TD song and a Mandich clip sounds like a tremendous improvement, from the joke experience our stadium has become in recent years.

Date: May 08, 2011 12:55PM

I don't reccomend it after every touchdown. That way it will get stale and cheesy. But definitely after a nice first down, interception, here and there it would be an awesome Idea. Just like adding Flavor to a good stew.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't ever play that Jzee crap ever again. Do the Jimmy Buffet once a game and bring back the original Fight song Full Time.

I have been a dolphins fan since 1972. Saw them a handful of times at Shea stadium and Giants stadium, as well as Veterans once. My First Dolphins Home game in Miami was in 1992, when they hosted the Chargers in the Playoffs. When I heard the Dolphins fight song I was Amazed because I had never heard it before. You can't hear it on TV . The internet didn'y exist. As a die heart dolphins fan I Loved it! bring it back. Somethings you don't change.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: May 08, 2011 01:29PM

I saw them twice at Jacksonville municiple stadium twice oh yeahhhh, wait they were pre-season games.sad smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 08, 2011 02:15PM

I don't care if they play Hokey Pokey after every TD, as long as it happens more than once a game.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 08, 2011 04:18PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 08, 2011 04:49PM

How about Mandich, right before his death, proclaiming Chad Henne will be a great QB in this league and our franchise QB!?

What do you guys think about that?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 08, 2011 05:58PM

I think he may have been on his meds at the time

Date: May 08, 2011 06:11PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he may have been on his meds at the time

People on their deathbed say crazy shit. I can't speak ill of the man. I Loved him.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 09, 2011 04:31AM

Let it go, great a good man has passed. Hod does his family feel about it. Who owns the copyright? Might be best to let it go and start something new.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: May 09, 2011 04:56PM

How about following home game wins when the clock runs out? That would be great I think. Fathers could tell their children about him and point to his name in the ring of honor and they could learn a little about Dolphin history.

Date: May 09, 2011 05:00PM

I like that idea Twilley. A little bit of the past coming back to support the Home team with every victory. I think Jim would approve.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 09, 2011 10:15PM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Read a column today by Ed Pope, he proposes
> playing a sound clip of the late, great Jim
> Mandich saying his famous "Alright Miami" after
> every phin TD...I love the idea. What do you guys
> think?

Great idea. And dammit, I'd never get tired of it even if we scored a hundred touchdowns in one game or if we only scored one touchdown all year.

Being out here in California, I've never heard it.

But, I can't even count the number of times that Jim pulled our cookies out of the fire and caught a clutch pass from Bob Griese.

Date: May 10, 2011 05:36PM

Date: May 10, 2011 07:08PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 11, 2011 06:03AM

Thanks for that link toko!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 14, 2011 05:24PM

Thanks Toko. What he said about how he felt when Miami won and how he felt despair when it lost goes along way to explain how Treasure and I feel about the draft. Sure we could be wrong. We hope we are but when we see what we believe are wrong moves, we feel that despair that you would feel when we lose a game.

Of course, Phinsfan2 might be correct that we are shortening our own longevity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.