HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It's Henne Time....Go PHINS!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
It's Henne Time....Go PHINS!
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 07, 2011 04:11AM

It's a bit weird to me that Sanchez is considered a franchise QB w/ full acceptance for the evil Jets... but, Henne gets written off as someone who can't get it done. They basically have the same statistical performance at this point of their careers.

I've been of the mind that (except for the rare acception) a NFL QB takes about 1000 pass attempts to develop into a quality starter. It's very rare for a 1st round QB to be able to sit on the bench for 3 years and then hit the scene running like Aaron Rodgers. Drew Brees was below average until his 4th year in the league in which, strangely enough, the Chargers made the decision to move on to the next guy. His fourth year (1000 pass attempts) is when he dramatically improved...especially in completion percentage.

Henne is at the same crossroad. HE CAN BECOME A GREAT QB. Or not. It will come down to how hard he works to improve his accuracy and decision making process within this new improved offensive system. He has the physical tools to make all the throws. Now, he needs to refine his game to squeeze more production from our offense.

If we have a season, I am certainly going to support this kid and expect him to take it to the next level.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's Henne Time....Go PHINS!
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 07, 2011 04:21AM

the difference between the 2 is with the game on the line, sanchez mans up and takes the team down the field, and henne craps the bed and looks scared doing it.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 07, 2011 04:22AM

Jim B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> If we have a season, I am certainly going to
> support this kid and expect him to take it to the
> next level.

Exactly. Me too

I kind of gave up on him last year like some posters on this board.

But if they are going to give him another shot, so be it.

I will support him until there is no doubt if he can or can't play.

This is probably his last shot though IMHO.

GO PHINS.

Date: May 07, 2011 04:28AM

Henne looks scared? C'mon...he can be accused of looking like a robot...but, I've never seen him look scared.

Sanchez only has two more TD passes than Henne w/ the same number of INT's.

Date: May 07, 2011 04:30AM

ok maybe not scared but confused and incompetent

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 07, 2011 04:30AM

Lets just say he looks confused. When the game is on the line.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: May 07, 2011 05:07AM

He has a reputation for being dumb as a rock; not a trait you want in your starting QB.

If we spend the next 20 years drafting 1 QB every 4 years, statistically we're probably looking at another decade of ineptitude, at the very least. But as sad as that outlook is, this franchise has already become a joke. The owner is a clown. The GM has no balls, and the head coach is nothing but a cheerleader.

If not for Al Davis out there in Oakland, we would be the laughing stock of the league. We're becoming the Detroit Lions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 05:09AM by Krunk Fu.

Date: May 07, 2011 05:50AM

I would trade our team for the lions right now. they've got some serious young talent.

Date: May 07, 2011 06:07AM

OK...I could buy that. Like I aluded to...being confused is a common trait for players that have less than the approximate 1000 NFL pass attempts. We certainly witnessed Payton Manning being confused in the early days against Zach & JT. I think the Dolphins defense helped fashion him into one of the greatest QB's. The same with Brady. Our defense ultimately made him a better player.

Fixing the confusion problem needs to deal w/ the cause. Could some of that be inexperience, some of that be the predictable system, some of that not having the greatest of weapons at his disposal... and obviously, some of that would be the ability to process at NFL speed.

Defenses are designed to cause confusion and hesitation. My argument is that this problem can be overcome w/ experience if the QB has the mentality to work hard and mental toughness to persevere (Continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no indication of success).

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 07, 2011 06:34AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 07, 2011 06:37AM

100%.

That is my main beef with Henne and the reason I believe he is an amazing *BACK-UP* Qb in the league. Not a starting QB.

You find that QB in the draft, and stats show 99% of them found in the draft are found in the 1st round. Not the 3rd round and later.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 07, 2011 07:04AM

C’MON man! How can you possibly say something like “Henne can become a great QB.”

A “great” NFL QB?

Even now, Henne isn’t even a “great” college QB. Though I do believe he’d be pretty solid in high school.

Seriously, if you’ve watched enough football to know what a real legit NFL QB is all about, and what a young QB on the rise looks like, then one can conclude “greatness” and “Henne” will NEVER be equated together in the NFL.

I think he’s got a chance at culinary school, and specifically pastries, but that’s it.

Date: May 07, 2011 08:14AM

Well, I thought I was paying attention. smiling smiley

When the Jets beat us in the first game it was because of their top 4 ranked running game and not their 22nd ranked passing game. They ran the ball down our throat to close out the game. We had a chance to tie it but Henne & company failed to get it in the endzone.

The second game, we completely shut Sanchez down.

I'm not sure Sanchez is all that great at the end of the game. I know a couple of times that he had some penalties that placed them in scoring position. But, those opportunities are not QB skill.

I don't see his skill set or game closing ability that much above Henne. However, he has been in a better system with better talent surrounding him.

Closing out the game is certainly an area that Henne needs to improve in and the INT's have been costly. I expect that to change this year.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 07, 2011 08:50AM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: May 07, 2011 09:31AM

Sanchez is performing above his level of ability thanks to coaching and player supporting cast.

Put him on this team and LOL.....

I was hating on Henne hard last year for obvious reason's, mainly his zero pockett awareness.

I dought that will change, but if it does then yes he can be a solid QB.

I don't care I perfere Thigpen, but that wont happen, so I will wait, watch and hope Henne makes that leap, but I am doughtfull.

Date: May 07, 2011 10:21AM

i'm pretty sure chad were depends because he shits himself often.

Date: May 07, 2011 10:24AM

Its wear not were.smileys with beer

Date: May 07, 2011 10:26AM

...and it's wear(s), not wear.

---------------------

Date: May 07, 2011 10:44AM

Lol ohhh this is too funny!

Date: May 07, 2011 10:55AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...and it's wear(s), not wear.

Typos. Its what people with nothing to say look for.

Good luck with that. smileys with beer

Date: May 07, 2011 11:37AM

smileys with beer

---------------------

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2011 12:04PM

Date: May 07, 2011 12:15PM

Date: May 07, 2011 12:19PM

Now, I'm not putting my reputation on the line and I'm getting older but didn't Sanchez cost the Jets a late season game by throwing an interception?

Date: May 07, 2011 12:33PM

Date: May 07, 2011 12:37PM

didn't sanchez take the team down the field with about 1 min left to beat the colts in the playoffs last year? as I recall henne had a chance to beat the steelers, browns, and lions last year in end of game drives, and the results were 4 and out, INT, INT (actually multiple INTs). There's your difference.

Date: May 07, 2011 12:40PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 07, 2011 12:54PM

Henne has the physical tools to improve, couple that with a new (and we hope better) offense and improved players and I agree he can do better then last year, but would that be enough? My biggest fear is he improves just enough to hang around being mediocre for a few more years. Hopefully he lites the league on fire (highly doubtful) or he sheets the bed and we dump him, anywhere in-between would suck.

Date: May 07, 2011 01:40PM

But what you miss, PhinFans2, is that the typical late game drive would have either a) Henne passing down to the opposition 20 or b) Ricky and Ronnie pounded it down to the opposition 20......................................................................

and then Henne being sat on the bench for the 1st two downs while the Wildcat was run......................................................

and then we were left with 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 7, and Henne fails on the 3rd down pass and we have to kick the field goal.

I really don't think it is fair for you to do a direct comparison with Sanchez when in HIS late game drives...................................

Sanchez was never pulled out for the WILDCAT!

So you're forgetting where this argument started. Sure, I said that Sanchez was mortal and had failings to in terms of late game drives.

But if we go back to each of those games berk mentioned, I'll bet your dime to my dollar that there was not A SINGLE series of the final drive where Henne was not pulled out for the Wildcat.

PhinFans2, is WILDCAT even in your vocabulary or your lexicon or even in your MEMORY????

If not, you better make it because the drafting of Danny Thomas means that it will be back next season.

Date: May 07, 2011 02:59PM

Chyren, how much of the "wildcat" blame can be legitimately put on Dan Henning, who is now gone?

---------------------

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.