HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          off season part 2
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: off season part 2
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: May 05, 2011 06:25AM

I really don't see us going after a big time RB after giving up so much for Thomas. We already have two workhorse type backs and if anything I think we sign a scat back as insurance for Sheets.

Most likely I see us spending the money on the best available fa pulling guard....and you can forget about Carl Nicks as he received rfa tender and Mankins got the franchise tag.

I also don't see us signing a FS with the up and coming players we have there. It is a good competition between Jones and Clemens.

Number one need outside of qb is pulling guard and a pass rusher. If Wake gets hurt we are screwed! JT anyone? Lol....jk...kinda

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: May 05, 2011 07:27PM

Especially with Sheets, people stop remembering him, he is that Reggie Bush type of back I hope to see running FINALY this year!!!

Date: May 06, 2011 05:54AM

I just hope he has been getting the treatment/rehab he needs since he is unable to rehab under Dolphin coaches

.....................................................................................

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 06, 2011 06:17AM

what is up with the Korey Sheets stuff? Dude I don't think the guy was even drafted and he was cut by the 49ers (I think) and we signed him off the scrap heap. Plus he's coming off a serious leg injury and hasn't done squat in the league before getting hurt. What about that resume makes you think he's anything other than training camp fodder? Now he might turn into a player, but to me that seems like wishful thinking. Reggie Bush comparisons? Way to premature for that.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 06, 2011 06:28AM

sheets = Practice squad fodder.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 06, 2011 06:42AM

Kory Sheets is our “secret” secret weapon. Just watch. You heard it here first. And just like we didn’t take a QB in this draft, we’ll find a way to muck the position up for another 10+ years.

Right not it’s safe to say My Yammie is a bad karma cake franchise and only a fancy baker like Carson Palmer can fix the recipe. But I fear laughingly and joyfully we will head into next season riding the Sloth into the trash heap and then, but only then, we will all know why Wayne Huizenga made so much money in the garbage business!

No recycling. Please!

Date: May 06, 2011 06:54AM

That's exactly what it is...wishfull thinking....What has Reggie Bush done? A few highlight reels...he was a flop IMO. Why else do u thing they resigned Pierre and moved back into first round for Ingrim?

Some of us are hoping Sheets can get healthy. He was clearly on his way to earning a spot on the 53 man roster last year.

He was a 4.3 guy. Why wouldn't we have a little hope that he can make a come back? It would eliminate the need to sign a fa rb.

Let me go on record as saying I hate giving up high draft picks for players....but I think we have to go get Carson Palmer. If we can do that and grab a LG like Blaylock then we are a playoff team.

Screw this mentality about tanking this season and going after Luck or the USC qb. It ain't happening. Even without those players we are an 8 to 9 win team and will be picking in the mid to lower mid rounds.

Its a losers mentality! Palmer still threw for 4000 yards and 26 tds with a 62% comp rate. The team as a whole sucked but they had no running game or offensive line.

Go get em and we are competing again...not losing 8 home games to teams we should have beaten.

Date: May 06, 2011 06:58AM

Now eesti you sound like you've got an AGGRESSIVE winning attitude.

You may be internet friends with me.

cool smiley

Date: May 06, 2011 07:41AM

IMO they are on the right track...

1. This year they thought there wasnt a qb worthy of drafting

2. Improved the OL with a high rated OL Center which we desperately needed. Our center last year stunk so bad i dont even remember his name....Yes we had injuries and no depth..

3. We got a high rated RB. Who some say should had gone higher.

PS. Next year i can almost guarantee they will go QB. Unless henne ( which i doubt becomes another manning...I wish!!!!! )

And even if henne becomes great we will still IMO grab a qb to groom, Since there is better talent next year at the qb position..

This is from what ive read everywhere. I dont concentrate much in college football since im at the office working all the time.

I have a few minutes off work when there is nobody coming in like now so i come here and read about the phins.

Date: May 06, 2011 08:20AM

Date: May 06, 2011 08:26AM

Here is how I want us to fix the QB position (in order of preference and realism)

(1) trade for Vince Young (shouldn't cost more than a 5th round pick or less)

(2) trade for Carson Palmer, but not for more than a 3d round pick and an average player

(3) trade for Kyle Orton as long as it doesn't cost a 4th

(4) sign Bulger and hope for the best with him or Henne, and if they s*t the bed, trade up as far as we can to get the best QB we can conceivably take in the draft.

what I don't want to do----trade for Kevin Kolb!!

Date: May 06, 2011 08:40AM

VY is a FA. And the rest is a matter out of our control...

Our record of NOT DRAFTING QB’s is absolutely atrocious and inexcusable.

Bottom line, relying on the FA market and/or trade market to provide your QB solution is a losing formula. The ONLY possibility worth consideration IMO is Carson Palmer – and dealing with Cincinnati won’t be a pleasure…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 05:55PM by BigNastyFish.

Date: May 06, 2011 08:47AM

Sure berkley trade every round pick we got for qbs from other teams...Isnt that what we've done in the past and it didnt work.

I hope we draft a qb next year to groom. I want a legitimate dolphin like marino was.

I dont want another qb from another team whose been trained already in the nfl in a different system.

All i wish is for us to draft a qb in the first round and groom for the future.

Date: May 06, 2011 08:51AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote: IMO they are on the right
> track...
>
> 1.This year they thought there wasn’t a QB
> worthy of drafting
>
>
> OK. Hold it right there. We passed on EVERY QB
> despite the glaringly obvious fact (1) QB is the
> most important position on the field and (2) we DO
> NOT HAVE a legit NFL QB on our roster.

Well Nasty fish thats the only thing i can think of...That they thought there wasnt a qb available who fit this team for some reason...Or that other than
newton and the others who were drafted before the phins picks, there was nobody worth taking a risk. They thought they all stunk i guess.

What else you got.

Date: May 06, 2011 08:55AM

VY is not a FA till they cut him. And they may not do that but try to get a pick out of it.

I hate trading picks for other team's QBs, but I think Palmer and Orton would actually be worth it (and VY wouldn't cost anything that valuable)---but not for Kolb who is AJ Feely Jr who will cost even more!!

Date: May 06, 2011 08:58AM

Ok...this is the way I see it....after reading A Shefter and Mort A...

It sounds like out of the three teams beside us that need a qb...Sea, Az and Was....

Hasselbeck MAY return to Sea.

Kolb is prob going to AZ with McNabb as a possibility.

Was leads for the services of VY...who will be released.

Mort is almost positive Orton will be dealt.

That leaves us in a pretty good position to get a good qb because it drives down demand and price for the rest of the qbs

My top two targets would be Orton and Palmer but they will not be dealt for the mid round picks as mentioned above.

Sparano said today that "you have to know what you're getting" in regards to getting a fa qb....that describes Orton and Palmer....everyone else is a big question mark.

My preference is Palmer bc Orton didn't deal well with Marshall personally. I think Orton will be a top 10 qb as he makes the big jump but Palmer knows how to deal with diva WR's.

We will be giving up at least a 2nd for either one. Like I said the demand is down so maybe we get lucky and don't have to give up a 1st.

I say do it! We have no choice. With either one of these players we are picking no sooner than 25 anyway....and 57 for a 2nd rounder. Maybe we can even deal a DL'man to lower the pick.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 06, 2011 09:26AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> VY is not a FA till they cut him. And they may not
> do that but try to get a pick out of it.
>
I don't want to get screwed again. Let's wait until VY is cut. No one will trade for him. Let's not fall into that trap.

Date: May 06, 2011 09:34AM

Monte, you mean you didn't like it when Saban got suckered into giving up that pick for Joey Harrington?

Date: May 06, 2011 10:23AM

Kolb is more of a risk than Feely IMO...bc he actually performed well in Philly. Kolb sucked.

Date: May 06, 2011 10:56AM

Date: May 06, 2011 11:44AM

Vince Young has the emotions of a premenstrual female on a klonopin and vodka cocktail.

Does he really fit the profile?

Date: May 06, 2011 11:58AM

well mallet had similar character questions and people around here are suicidal over the fact we didn't take him with our 2d round pick. I think spending a 5th or lower on VY is much less of a risk with similar or greater reward. Maybe a change of scenary will do him good, maybe not. But given where we are with the QB position, why not? I think he's the best option out there for this team in terms of upside and cost.

Date: May 06, 2011 12:01PM

Date: May 06, 2011 12:06PM

I didnt edit because i regreted wht i said....just added a few words to it....Let the record show.

Date: May 06, 2011 01:43PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: May 06, 2011 04:43PM

Kory Sheets is coming off a torn achilles. I like the guy, but to count on anything from him is pretty crazy.

Date: May 06, 2011 04:46PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> Kory Sheets is coming off a torn achilles. I like
> the guy, but to count on anything from him is
> pretty crazy.

Any chance we re-sign Patrick Cobbs?

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: May 06, 2011 04:49PM

montequi Wrote:
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Kory Sheets is coming off a torn achilles. I
> like
> > the guy, but to count on anything from him is
> > pretty crazy.
>
> Any chance we re-sign Patrick Cobbs?

Not if they are serious about upgrading team speed. That said, Cobbs is a favorite of the coaches, a team captain, and can do a lot of things (and all of them probably better than he runs the ball). Wouldn't be surprised to see him be the 4th RB.

Date: May 06, 2011 05:47PM

Yeah you can't put all your eggs in the Sheets basket...especially since they have no say or idea in his progress from the rehab.

This is why this lockout sucks and why it is so much harder to field a team.

Ronnie came back how many times from knee injuries and was fine. Torn acls aren't the bisk risk they used to be.

I remember D Williams getting injured early in his career too....as well as many other rbs.

Sheet is unknown but it would be nice to see him on the field.

Date: May 06, 2011 06:11PM

We need to sign a huge fricken Dump Truck. Then run Ireland over with it. I garantee Our entire team will get instantly better at that point. Take turns peeing on him afterwards. thats completely your choice.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.