Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Maybe the best article I've read so far explaining why Mallet wouldn't have worked here:
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Maybe the best article I've read so far explaining why Mallet wouldn't have worked here:
Date: May 03, 2011 02:57AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maybe the best article I've read so far explaining why Mallet wouldn't have worked here:
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: May 03, 2011 03:09AM

Sorry but regardless of what you do for a living, I guarantee that out of at least all the fans on this site, there would be 2 to 5 good Gm's out of the bunch if we really tried to learn the in's and out's of that job.

I love reading people, I love analysis on humans, and wish I could do more with it, I don't know I might be a Gm one day.

I am going to continue to coach my son's football teams as he grows, and learn the in's and out's.

Who know's I might eventually get a college gig, then if I am lucky enough make it onto the Dolphins as some type of a assisstant.

All I know is I hope my son will love to throw the rock, because he has a cannon for a arm, is pretty smart, and is athletic which dock says he shall be around 6"4 when fully grown, so ??

I don't know we will see but it's a nice dream in the mean time lol.

Re: Maybe the best article I've read so far explaining why Mallet wouldn't have worked here:
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 03, 2011 05:09AM

The number of "ifs" in our draft equation tell you all you need to know. And the odds are we've added a few players and a bit of depth. Not the type of Franchise QB impact many of us hoped for, and not even a developmental QB (tho our mutts are guaranteed to bring in some UFA junk).

Whatever. It's over. Now we get to live the reality of:

#1 what we drafted combined with our
#2 current roster as orchestrated by our
#3 coaching staff.

When you add that up – I’m not sure we’re a team on the rise…

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 05:11AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 03, 2011 05:16AM

many a GM got their big break at Loews

Date: May 03, 2011 05:40AM

Whats loews?

smiling smiley

Your right Im not cut out to be a GM, I don't like lieing. lol

A position coach! now thats more like it!!! D-line coaching would be cool, maybe LB'r coach.

QB coach would be sweet.

Date: May 03, 2011 07:44AM

Don't get me wring, I'm sure that Mallet is going to rise to be a thorn in our side. In fact I'm sure of it. But I can also now understand that if he had come here things might have been very different here.

Here is my big question and the problem in a nutshell.......

Why Can't THIS be a place where players can develop and be successful like New England? Why all this talk about all this disapline and the way that program develops Players? Why is Miami a Place where if Mallet came he would turn into the second coming of John Belushi in Animal house? Am I the only one seeing that? I heard from many annalists in the draft that Had Henne went to a different program he would have been better. He was not "Coached properly". If that is the reason we passed on Mallet then we have a Problem. Its not the quality of the players its the Coaching staff who can't coach and develop these kids into professionals.

Its a disturbing Trend here.

Date: May 03, 2011 07:51AM

There are 2 reasons: the first is that mallet would be expected to compete with Henne and probably start right away; many felt with his character/maturity issues that would not work out so well, and he'd be better off in a place with no pressure where he could learn how to be an NFL player for awhile (learning from someone like Brady can't hurt).

The other reason which is obvious to us fans is our coaching staff, at least on the offensive side, sucks. Our QB coach is last year's WR coach who never coached QBs before or played the position. Our OC coached one of the few offenses worse than ours last year and got fired. Our HC is on his way out the door unless we get into the playoffs and win a game. Is that an environment a rookie QB of questionable character and leadership will thrive in?

Date: May 03, 2011 08:00AM

Great points above berk. Basically it doesn'y matter who we drafted.....we are destined for the bottom of the AFC East unless we gat a Staff personnel change. What kills me is that Ross knew this last year and by sticking with the little pudge we let some great oppourtunities slip by this past weekend.

Date: May 03, 2011 08:04AM

we should hire Jim Zorn to be our QB coach and make Dorrell assistanct OC quality control coach or something. It's not too late to bring in a decent QB coach.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 03, 2011 08:23AM

I m glad some people see it our way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 08:50AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 03, 2011 09:23AM

Date: May 03, 2011 11:23AM

WAIT GIVE ME YOUR WOMAN, KEEP YOUR CHILDREN!!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: May 03, 2011 01:59PM

The QB needs to be the hardest working guy on the team. He needs to be the first guy there, and the last to leave. He needs to know that he doesn't get Tuesdays off like his teammates. Say what you want about Henne, but he gets this. He's a guy who had them load all of his tape preparation onto a laptop so that he could study while rehabbing his knee injury.

Ryan Mallett does not get this. He is not mature enough to understand how hard he has to work. That's why he blew off a meeting with the Panthers after a late night out. That's why he was 40 minutes late to a meeting with the Titans. He cost himself millions of dollars. With the right attitude, he probably would have been a top 10 pick. Instead, because he was too stupid and immature to realize this, he goes in the 3rd round, and he loses millions. He is not ready for the work it takes to be an NFL QB.

Here's how bad his attitude/character concerns are. No one would argue that he was the best passer in the draft. And yet, every team in need of a QB passed on him. Some passed on him twice, and some passed on him 3 times. It wasn't like we were one team who held him to a too high standard. Every team felt that his character is a real problem.

And one last thing, not related to the attitude. Gil Brandt, who has been doing this for 50 years, said that he would not have drafted Mallett in any round. He said he could not remember any QB as immobile in the pocket as Mallett who ever succeeded in the NFL.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 03, 2011 03:15PM

But my issue with Henne is he allows other players to scream, belittle, and put him down. His flaws in that area cannot be overlooked.

I clearly remember Anthony Fasano screaming at Henne last year. I also remember Brandon Marshall making a fool of him on the sidelines.

Guys like Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, and other great QB would *NEVER* allow that to happen. They would have snatched Fasano/Marshall by the face mask and set them straight.

Henne seems to have a jellyfish type spine, if you know what I mean.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: May 03, 2011 06:33PM

yup, henne stinks

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 03, 2011 06:47PM

The speculation post-draft is no different from the speculation pre-draft. Face it, Mallet is still an unknown commodity. At this point these articles serve no purpose but to try to make fans feel better for the decisions Ireland made. The only thing that will make ME feel better is seeing these guys succeed (or fail, if we passed on them) on the field. Another writer's speculation will not change my mind.

Date: May 04, 2011 04:25PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But my issue with Henne is he allows other players
> to scream, belittle, and put him down. His flaws
> in that area cannot be overlooked.
>
> I clearly remember Anthony Fasano screaming at
> Henne last year. I also remember Brandon Marshall
> making a fool of him on the sidelines.
>
>
> Guys like Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady,
> Dan Marino, Joe Montana, and other great QB would
> *NEVER* allow that to happen. They would have
> snatched Fasano/Marshall by the face mask and set
> them straight.
>
> Henne seems to have a jellyfish type spine, if you
> know what I mean.

I agree whole heartedly. You can add my man Terry Bradshaw to that list. Your either a leader or your not. Henne is not.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 04, 2011 04:53PM

I agree. So, unfortunately for us, it gives us a major hint that Henne is not our QB. Maybe short-term, but not our long term answer.

Even Matt Ryan wouldnt let any Falcon scream at him.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.