HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The difference bewteen us Whiners
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The difference bewteen us Whiners
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 01, 2011 07:52PM

I like some of the other picks but I'm not sure that we could not have gotten some of them as undrafted free agents.

But the big inconsistency is the Pouncey-Ingram-Mallet riddle.

We could have had two of the three.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 08:29PM by ChyrenB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: May 01, 2011 10:20PM

ChyrenB....Ingram and Mallett could have been ours....take the chance to be great instead of be safe and 8-8....you said it right!

Mizzou 15.....your wrong bud.....it takes more of a man to be passionate and say what he feels is right than get in line and take an ass kickin year after year. Everyone on these boards equates speaking up and being passionate about our beloved Phins as whining....I guess after all these recent years of getting our arshes handed to us by the patsies and jests and going through a 1-15 season and being average...we all should live in mamby pamby land and wear rose colored glasses...tell me when a good time it is to be passionate....I'm sorry....I meant whining.....after the pats beat us 52-3 instead of 35-7 with their 2nd string in the 3rd quarter or go through a 0-16 season instead of 1-15??? Mizzou15....check yourself when equating being passionate....I'm sorry, I meant whining....as being p*ssi*s because we get fired up about our Phins and say what you dont agree with!

Date: May 02, 2011 02:29AM

No doubt......I would MUCH rather be going into Free agency looking for a Center instead of a QB. I just can't get over this draft. This is all going to be an epic fail and it didn't have to be so.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 02, 2011 04:54AM

The key points in this draft are:

We passed on EVERY QB despite the glaringly obvious fact (1) QB is the most important position on the field and (2) we DO NOT HAVE a legit NFL QB on our roster.

Now some of you are saying this was a bad draft for QB’s. I don’t believe that and neither did quite a few NFL teams who took a bunch of QB’s in the first few rounds.

For whatever unjustified reason some of you are willing to give Ireland a free pass on both his draft judgment and the “facts” that he relates regarding the same. Isn’t this the same Jeff Ireland who slithered through the roundtable debriefing with Sparano and Ross? And yet some of you think he’s a dude of high credibility and trustworthiness?

We did not trade down in R1 despite the fact there’s strong evidence (from Ireland’s mouth) we had several opportunities. IMO that was a strategic blunder based on the way the draft unfolded. To compound that mistake, we spent draft capital to move up in R2 to take a RB. The trade down we missed would have given us that pick (or thereabouts) along with a low number one (where we could have taken the best OL available).

In the above we still would have had R3 and R5 and the three R7’s. In that case we could have moved earlier in R3 and taken Mallett.

In the above we solve the interior OL, add the RB and also get a quality QB prospect (and if you don’t like Mallett we could have taken Stanzi in R5 or several other possibilities).

Point is: we passed on EVERY QB. We blew a golden opportunity to trade down and add value and (inversely) burnt value to move into R2 for a RB. Those strategic mistakes are obvious if you care to really examine the facts.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: May 02, 2011 05:06AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The key points in this draft are:
>
> We passed on EVERY QB despite the glaringly
> obvious fact (1) QB is the most important position
> on the field and (2) we DO NOT HAVE a legit NFL QB
> on our roster.

Da-mn Straight. It is agonizingly clear they are either :

1.) Happy with Logger head Henne or
2.) They plan on picking up another retread.

Either way, Tuna is gone but his minions in Miami are STILL obsessed with trying to reincarnate the 1990 Giants. They call it project 'BIG' I call it project "We don't need no STINKIN' Quarterback". Maybe we should offer Phil Simms a comeback. At least then we wouldn't have to hear his mouth every week on the play by plays.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: May 02, 2011 06:56AM

Well said guys smileys with beer

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: May 02, 2011 07:01AM

Amen, I mean seriously McElroy in the 6th, you rather take Clay a average TE, than a all pro BCS winning QB in the 6TH @#$%& round!! Jesus come on Ireland AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wana slap him HARD in the face!!!!!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: May 02, 2011 07:03AM

Its ok at least our two favorite QB's won't see the field for a LONG time, unless Brady and Sanchez get hurt!!!smileys with beer

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.