Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          EDMOND GATES!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 30, 2011 09:22AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We took Edmunds over Mathews. I have a feeling
> this is going to bite us like most of our bust.

Yeah but while he doesn't have the pedigree that Matthews has, I think he does have the kind of "name" a fast receiver should have. Right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 30, 2011 09:26AM

Lt's face it guys, no one we could have drafted after the third round would be NFL ready...if they were they would have been drafted higher.

Speed is a very improtant factor for our team and Gates is a step in that direction...provided he can get on the field besides special teams. Thomas is a step in that direction too because he's faster than what we have right now at RB...at least he's an improvement on paper.

I'm just as pissed as many of you that we didn't take a quarterback...AGAIN, when we had chances to get numerous potential quality guys. But there are NONE left worth issuing a uniform to at this point barring a complete surprise.

The ONLY offensive player still available that I'm interested in is Mario Fannin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 30, 2011 09:47AM

I keep saying I'm a Henne supporter who thinks we should have drafted one of these QBs and for Mallett to drop to us, may have presented the situation of the Chargers when they had Brees and Rivers.

So they thought Rivers was the future and let go of Brees. However, the Rivers choice gave them THE FLEXIBILITY.

Julio Jones and the WR that went ahead of him were the only receivers worth passing up a QB choice for and the same is true for RBs once Ingram was gone.

Had we drafted Mallet, then we would be covered as we looked to give Henne his last chance.

I think you can build a line around him with late round picks and through free agency. You need to take the QB competition in the draft.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 09:48AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 30, 2011 09:52AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I keep saying I'm a Henne supporter who thinks we
> should have drafted one of these QBs and for
> Mallett to drop to us, may have presented the
> situation of the Chargers when they had Brees and
> Rivers.
>
> So they thought Rivers was the future and let go
> of Brees. However, the Rivers choice gave them
> THE FLEXIBILITY.
>
> Julio Jones and the WR that went ahead of him were
> the only receivers worth passing up a QB choice
> for and the same is true for RBs once Ingram was
> gone.
>
> Had we drafted Mallet, then we would be covered as
> we looked to give Henne his last chance.
>
> I think you can build a line around him with late
> round picks and through free agency. You need to
> take the QB competition in the draft.


RE: Agreed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 30, 2011 09:57AM

BNF,

I still stand by what I said. Chad Henne is not our QB of the future. He is a slug.

But again, there is not a definate upgrade over him in this draft, so why waste a pick on a lemon?


Come on, dude. If things arent your way...you get mad and pitch a temper tantrum. Think about the big picture, load up on talent this year and make the RIGHT pick next year when 2 franchise QB's are coming out.

DO whatever it takes to get Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:01AM

Aqua first I like to say thank you for not being a douch bag like you used to be. In factsmileys with beer.

Come on man Blow me is a hillarious statement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:03AM

For whatever reason you seem to trust Ireland -- and the more this draft progresses the LESS I trust him. Not that I had a lot of faith entering the draft but to SOUNDLY IGNORE the QB position in the draft is absolutely inexcusable IMO.

Guaranteed dude that you will be proven wrong when you say there's NO QB we could have taken that would have been an upgrade. Seriosuly you really believe that?

If so EVERY GM that has taken a QB in this draft is a loser because Henne is trash.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 10:04AM by BigNastyFish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:05AM

McElroy, Come on lets get him in the 6th we got this on lock down, come on Ireland don't bosch this bitch!!! hehehegrinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:08AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For whatever reason you seem to trust Ireland --
> and the more this draft progresses the LESS I
> trust him. Not that I had a lot of faith entering
> the draft but to SOUNDLY IGNORE the QB position in
> the draft is absolutely inexcusable IMO.
>
> Guaranteed dude that you will be proven wrong when
> you say there's NO QB we could have taken that
> would have been an upgrade. Seriosuly you really
> believe that?
>
> If so EVERY GM that has taken a QB in this draft
> is a loser because Henne is trash.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Listen, I consider you a chat board, friend. But we just agree and disagree within the same debate.

My main point is this, I dont want to waste a pick on a QB who I believe is not better than Matt Barkley or Andrew Luck. None of them are. We need to get one of those 2 next draft.

If we dont one of those guys next draft, then off with Ireland's head.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:11AM

God I love you too its ying, and yang.

and Im the line inbetween. The string on the tampon. Yeahhhhcool smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:12AM

You need to calm down, buddy. Take a deep breath.


Again, I dont think any QB coming out this year are as good as the two coming out next draft, if we dont get one of those two next year....then Ireland will be dead to me.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Date: April 30, 2011 10:13AM

A Tampon!!? Now thats @#$%& Gross. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:38AM

Lol it aint easy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 10:48AM

Funny thing is being a Dolphins fan you feel like all of those things sometimes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 01:30PM

smileys with beer GREAT PICK!!!! YESSSSSS hot smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:54PM

Gates is blazing guys! Screw route running and all that for him. His sole purpose will be to draw double coverage to open up Marshall and the others as well as keep the D further back.

With his speed, he will do just that! Let him run a deep route every play and they will at least double him because of his speed. If they don't and he gets one on one, then all he has to do is outrun the guy and catch a pass! He might be raw but he will help instantly even so!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:57PM

I think this entire draft will net 2 guys, Pouncy and Gates. Everyone else will be a bust.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDMOND GATES!!
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 30, 2011 07:51PM

We shall see.

I bet you are one of the guys that are butt hurt we didnt get a QB. I also bet if we would have, you would then be happy and say all our guys would be pro-bowlers, instead of busts.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.