HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          # 79 = RYAN MALLET
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
# 79 = RYAN MALLET smoking smiley
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:38AM

This story about partying out late in Carolina and then being 'sick' is a blessing in disguise. I think this guy is a cocky s.o.b , and I would dance in the streets if we selected him #79. Who needs a QB still, theres 3 that could go before Mallett.

ANDY DALTON..COLIN KAEPERNICK...RICKY STANZI?

Then we get the slower bigger cocky cannon-armed pothead smoking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: # 79 = RYAN MALLET smoking smiley
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:39AM

I just dont see it happening.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: KB ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:55AM

Big is not bad, Cocky is not bad. Slow...well Brady is slow, Manning is slow, Pat White was fast. QB 'speed' is a very subjective thing it can't be measured by a 40 time. Pot head...Marino was called a Coke head remember?

IDK, Mallet may become a train wreck like some seem to think but I do know this. We keep going to the most expensive store in town (NFL 1st rd draft) to put new tires on the same old car with no engine. We need a QB and a field leader. For those, we keep shopping at the discount and secondhand stores.

Tuna is gone but Project 'BIG' continues....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 03:59AM by KB.

Date: April 29, 2011 03:57AM

SEE it happening... visualize

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:15AM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Big is not bad, Cocky is not bad. Slow...well
> Brady is slow, Manning is slow, Pat White was
> fast. QB 'speed' is a very subjective thing it
> can't be measured by a 40 time. Pot head...Marino
> was called a Coke head remember?
>
> IDK, Mallet may become a train wreck like some
> seem to think but I do know this. We keep going
> to the most expensive store in town (NFL 1st rd
> draft) to put new tires on the same old car with
> no engine. We need a QB and a field leader. For
> those, we keep shopping at the discount and
> secondhand stores.
>
> Tuna is gone but Project 'BIG' continues....

Actually, I remember a story coming out a while back about Marino, that he would spark up a doobie before games to calm down. Just a rumor, but a fun one to think about.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:46AM

didn't we all do that?

Date: April 29, 2011 05:14AM

YEAH...WINNING! This guy does remind me of DannyBoy. Poisitive drug tests are a big deal and we know how it can hurt the TEAM. Thats why I think other teams are gonna choose someone else off their board, and it means we're gonna trade up or snag him #79!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:15AM

We are not trading up into the second round.

Date: April 29, 2011 05:19AM

Get off my nuts MIA1... anything could happen.

Date: April 29, 2011 05:21AM

Lol Sorry bro don't mean to be all up on your nut's, although I do love Cashews.

It can't happen we are not trading any of next year's picks, and we don't have enough of this year to move up.

Would be nice to move up into the second, but unless we trade our 6th, 7th, and 4th, or somthing stupid like that then its poopies.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:35AM

If we feel this years QB crop is far above next years we need to show some huevos and give up next years #1 for a 2 and 3 maybe and get Dalton, Mallet or Kaepernick and a RB & quick WR and maybe a TE in 4 to ignite the offense.

If we couldnt trade down why wouldn't we take the best RB, a position we need to fill? The only thing I coulde think of is they feel there is more RB depth in rounds 3-4 than OL

Date: April 29, 2011 06:03AM

Reggie Bush is going to be available.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:14AM

Our Next Pick HAS to be for a QB. The question is, will Mallet last?

I have been digging Karpatnick as Our #1 guy for months now. I really hope he lasts. If not then Mallet. If Dalton is the only QB to go in the 2nd round we got a real good shot at either of them. Ricky Stanzi is a nice grab as well in the 3rd round.

Grab a RB in the 4th and a reciever /Tightend in the 5th or vice versa. Concentrate on Defensive depth and speed for special teams in rounds 6 and 7.

Date: April 29, 2011 06:21AM

trading next year's #1 for this year's number 2 is a LOSER move. Really it never works. Sure you can point to Pat surtain but that was pure luck, we traded the pick before the draft and didn't even know who would be there (just like how we traded down before the draft blowing the chance to get moss).
just off the top of my head, how did it work out for Den when they traded a pick to get that CB who they cut the next year? Or Car when they traded a pick that turned out to be the #33 overall to the Pats this year for a 3d rounder who ended up being armani edwards? If I spent any time research it I could find tons more.

wanny used to do this to us all the time and it killed the team. the odds are were are going to suck next year so that next year's #1 will be a pretty good pick (unlike when a team like NO does it where it likely will be closer to a 2d rounder anyway).

this draft is pretty poor overall so why would we do this!!!

I don't see it happening though b/c we hate giving up picks----UNLESS Ireland/Sporano think they will be fired next year unless they improve a lot this year, in which case they may take the chance and let some new regieme deal with having no pick next year (but using that 2d rounder on a QB would not help them in their job security).

NO TO TRADING NEXT YEAR'S NUMBER ONE!!

Date: April 29, 2011 08:17AM

I think this draft is deeper at QB & RB than next years. Only one RB went off the board

New orlenas gave up their #1 to get Ingram, a good move. getting a few 2's or a 2 & 3 would be good if you know how to evaluate talent which for the phins is questionable.

if we load up with offensive weopons and go 10-6 it would be a mid 20's pick, not bad if we used the pick to land a QB , WR deep threat and a RB or two.

Date: April 29, 2011 08:33AM

For a Possible Franchise QB!? if you think he is worth it. You hung with Mallet and saw what he can do. If he is your guy you move up and grab him.Jets did it and I respect them for it.

Go out swinging, never get caught looking for a 4 balls and a walk.

Date: April 29, 2011 09:00AM

uh, "possible franchise QBs" go in the first round, not the 2d or 3d. that's why they are considered "possible franchise QBs."

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 29, 2011 09:11AM

Value drops if they will need a year ro two to develop but that doesn't mean they don't have franchise potential.

Obviously Parcels saw franchise potential in Henne...he was just wrong.

I really want Kaepernik but without a second....I don't see it happening and I don't want to give up next years first....but if they like him they should do it.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: April 29, 2011 10:54AM

You don't have to be fast if you can move well in a phone booth.

Date: April 29, 2011 11:44AM

Romo Undrafted, Brady 6th, Cassel 7th(never started a College game) , Hasselbeck 6th, Brees 2nd,

Some quality later in the draft, I can name both qualiity, but a lot of round one busts also.

Nobody knows who the best QB in this draft will be. Mike Coughlin or TJ Yates could be starters years down the road

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 29, 2011 01:49PM

I'd be happy if we got Mallet now, particularly since Ingram is in N.O., but then again, I like Henne. We would have 2 Hennes.

Date: April 29, 2011 01:57PM

2 hennes!! I think I just threw up a little

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 29, 2011 01:59PM

LOL

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:25PM

Mallett is obviously red flagged by almost every organization.

Someone please tell me the reason he is dropping, when he has all those physical tools.

Must be a head case.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 29, 2011 03:41PM

Shit. he won't last , but if he is around in the the 4th and miami doesn't grab him I will go take a shit on Itelands front porch. I swear. angry smiley

Date: April 29, 2011 04:02PM

Well when you party with SNOOP dOG, well seriously.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.