HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          brandon marshall stabbed!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: brandon marshall stabbed!
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 23, 2011 08:39AM

NVM I take back about hot woman because his wife is REALLY UGLY, you guy's see that HUGE nose geesh Brandon come on man your better than that lol.

I guess he is abusive.

I don't know why? Sad sad sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 23, 2011 08:39AM

He married snuffle uglyness. lol

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 23, 2011 08:44AM

It has now been reported that according to the police report, Marshall's wife claimed she acted in self defense, when she stabbed him

Date: April 23, 2011 08:50AM

What else is she going to say? LOL you know that was comming, problem is unless some witness, or he come's clean, she did the stabbing, so?

No marks on her she is up the stream and without a paddle.

Date: April 23, 2011 08:55AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to trade Marshall before he winds up
> killing someone or getting killed the Bears and
> Lovie Smith have have got to be interested in this
> troubled player. He would be reunited with
> Cutler, and they could use a player like Marshall
> with the baggage. We however can do without all
> the drama that comes with this player. If I am
> Sparano and Ireland I would trade Marsall before
> the draft, and cut my losses.

How about we stand behind him as a Player and a person? Wow imagine that? Its times like this that can make our Team stronger then ever. Look at how Mr Ross treated his Coach last season. looking for a replacement while he was still our coach. As much as I hate the F**ing guy, do you think Rex Ryan would just abandon a player at a time like this? Time for this Team to come together , stand behind him and let them know they care and stick behind him. Ricky Williams is probably the best guy on the team at a time like this.

Date: April 23, 2011 08:58AM

High five it baby give me some skin, my brotha..thumbs up

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 23, 2011 09:00AM

Date: April 23, 2011 09:03AM

Of course, at this point I don't know the nature of the injury. "He is okay," in the context of a potentially life threatening occurrence can mean anything from "She scratched him with the knife and drew blood" to "He'll survive. He won't die."

The latter would probably mean an indefinite hiatus from football.

Anybody with any more details on the severity of the knife attack?

Date: April 23, 2011 09:16AM

He was released already from the Hospital so it can't be too bad. Probably just cut the skin, nothing internal. But its serious enough. I think the problem is , what kind of guy shacks up with a crazy nutjob like this, or what did he do to drive her to that?

Either way, The Dolphins really need to just offer support if they ever hope to attract more Free agents. The whole league will be looking to see how they handle this.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 23, 2011 09:20AM

You know why we don't win and the Patriots do. It's because they don't have troubled players, and if the do they're cut point blank. Yes I know Tom brady helps as well.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 23, 2011 09:42AM

This is at least 9 incidents of domestic violence involving Brandon Marshall, with 2 different women. That's 9 that the police have been involved in. Imagine how many others there are. And that doesn't include the incident with the gun and his father or his DUI or his arrest for theft. It doesn't include his two suspensions by the Broncos for conduct detrimental to the team. And it doesn't include the Darrent Williams murder. And if anyone read the terrific SI story on that a couple of weeks ago, Marshall does not come across well at all. Marshall was likely the intended target that night, and according to the story, it sure seemed that Marshall lied on the witness stand to protect his cousin. No wonder he feels such guilt about that night. He helped cause the events that led to his friend's murder, and he didn't come clean during the trial.

According to profootballtalk.com, the Fins can get out of Marshall's contract for just $3M. Essentially, it was a one year deal worth $9.5M, with an option on the rest of the deal. The deal also includes an out if Marshall is suspended by the league. So, Parcells and Ireland were smarter with this contract than it may have seemed.

This is not the kind of guy that you build a winning football team around. Off the field, he is a total dirtbag. Anybody who would argue that is foolish. Look at his record. On the field, he is an extremely selfish player. That showed up in Denver with his 2 suspensions. Can you imagine what Don Shula would have done to a guy who intentionally batted down passes in practice? And a guy who refused to play in a must-win game as a way to send his coach a message, as Marshall did for the last game of 2009? And a guy who intentionally commits penalties out of frustration? We were winning the Cincy game. And we had just hit a pass to Marshall in the red zone. And he gets up and throws the ball out of bounds, taking us out of the red zone, because he doesn't have enough catches? This is not the kind of guy that you want on your team. And his skills as a receiver are vastly overrated. He has led the league or been 2nd in drops in 2 of the last 3 years, and in the top 10 all 3 years. Some fans think Marshall had a down year in 2010. He didn't. Look at his per game and per catch average. That were right on what he did in Denver, 6.5 catches per game, and 12 yards per catch. He is not a downfield guy. He is a possession receiver. At the end of the year, there were reports that one reason they moved Dorrell to QB coach was because Marshall was so hard for him to work with. Marshall also clashed with Henning and Lee, getting into a sideline confrontation with Lee late in the year.

When you weigh his off field issues and his on-field issues, you get rid of the guy. His production is not worth the trouble. Do you think Belichick would keep a guy like him around? Or a Bill Cowher? Not a chance. Bite the bullett, and just cut him. It cost you a second round pick and $3M, but get off the hook before the team gets on the hook for the bulk of the rest of his contract. Admit the mistake and move on. In free agency, when it happens, bring in a Malcolm Floyd, Braylon Edwards, or James Jones. And draft a speedster. The team will be better off without him.

Date: April 23, 2011 09:42AM

Finshady Wrote:
> You know why we don't win and the Patriots do.
> It's because they don't have troubled players, and
> if the do they're cut point blank. Yes I know Tom
> brady helps as well.

Ummm, Randy Moss was a patriot up until last year mide season. Last time I checked he was considered one of the troubled players.

Date: April 23, 2011 09:58AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> What else is she going to say? LOL you know that
> was comming, problem is unless some witness, or he
> come's clean, she did the stabbing, so?
>
> No marks on her she is up the stream and without a
> paddle.

Good point, Mia.

Date: April 23, 2011 10:01AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> This is at least 9 incidents of domestic violence
> involving Brandon Marshall, with 2 different
> women. That's 9 that the police have been involved
> in. Imagine how many others there are. And that
> doesn't include the incident with the gun and his
> father or his DUI or his arrest for theft. It
> doesn't include his two suspensions by the Broncos
> for conduct detrimental to the team. And it
> doesn't include the Darrent Williams murder. And
> if anyone read the terrific SI story on that a
> couple of weeks ago, Marshall does not come across
> well at all. Marshall was likely the intended
> target that night, and according to the story, it
> sure seemed that Marshall lied on the witness
> stand to protect his cousin. No wonder he feels
> such guilt about that night. He helped cause the
> events that led to his friend's murder, and he
> didn't come clean during the trial.
>
> According to profootballtalk.com, the Fins can get
> out of Marshall's contract for just $3M.
> Essentially, it was a one year deal worth $9.5M,
> with an option on the rest of the deal. The deal
> also includes an out if Marshall is suspended by
> the league. So, Parcells and Ireland were smarter
> with this contract than it may have seemed.
>
> This is not the kind of guy that you build a
> winning football team around. Off the field, he is
> a total dirtbag. Anybody who would argue that is
> foolish. Look at his record. On the field, he is
> an extremely selfish player. That showed up in
> Denver with his 2 suspensions. Can you imagine
> what Don Shula would have done to a guy who
> intentionally batted down passes in practice? And
> a guy who refused to play in a must-win game as a
> way to send his coach a message, as Marshall did
> for the last game of 2009? And a guy who
> intentionally commits penalties out of
> frustration? We were winning the Cincy game. And
> we had just hit a pass to Marshall in the red
> zone. And he gets up and throws the ball out of
> bounds, taking us out of the red zone, because he
> doesn't have enough catches? This is not the kind
> of guy that you want on your team. And his skills
> as a receiver are vastly overrated. He has led the
> league or been 2nd in drops in 2 of the last 3
> years, and in the top 10 all 3 years. Some fans
> think Marshall had a down year in 2010. He didn't.
> Look at his per game and per catch average. That
> were right on what he did in Denver, 6.5 catches
> per game, and 12 yards per catch. He is not a
> downfield guy. He is a possession receiver. At the
> end of the year, there were reports that one
> reason they moved Dorrell to QB coach was because
> Marshall was so hard for him to work with.
> Marshall also clashed with Henning and Lee,
> getting into a sideline confrontation with Lee
> late in the year.
>
> When you weigh his off field issues and his
> on-field issues, you get rid of the guy. His
> production is not worth the trouble. Do you think
> Belichick would keep a guy like him around? Or a
> Bill Cowher? Not a chance. Bite the bullett, and
> just cut him. It cost you a second round pick and
> $3M, but get off the hook before the team gets on
> the hook for the bulk of the rest of his contract.
> Admit the mistake and move on. In free agency,
> when it happens, bring in a Malcolm Floyd, Braylon
> Edwards, or James Jones. And draft a speedster.
> The team will be better off without him.

RESPONSE: This is the most persuasive and intelligent post I ever read on this board, and I'm not excluding my own posts.

When I posted that we need to draft Julio Jones, it was on the assumption that Brandon would not be available, at least at the start of the season. Had I, with my way of thinking then, knew that Brandon just received a scratch, I would have dropped the level of my "terror alert."

This convinces me that this guy needs to go. Let him be someone else's headache.

There are even more on the field examples that this post did not cite.

But I didn't even like Brandon before this incident and in this incident, it is one thing to say that he was a victim but yet another to say, "okay, he was a victim but he had it coming to him"

As proof, I didn't get the news from this board but from a call from my nephew, the 49er fan, who said, "Brandon Marshall just got stabbed, he's in the hospital" and my immediate words were, "Pompous ass."

Not, "wow, what a tragedy" Not "How is he" but "Pompous ass."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2011 10:02AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 23, 2011 10:28AM

wow, someone is a pompous ass for getting stabbed? the nerve of marshall!

Date: April 23, 2011 11:18AM

You read it wrong, berk. If my nephew had told me, "Hey, Brandon Marshall broke the world speed record," I would have said, "Pompous Ass."

If the news had been, "Brandon Marshall's mother threw him a party," I would have said, "Pompous ass."

If the news had been, "Hey, Brandon Marshall woke up after a good night's sleep," I would have said, "pompous ass."

Now, do you get it? My impression of Brandon Marshall is "pompous ass" and the minute I heard his name I so responded.

Go back and re-read the prior post. I was praising DolphanMark for his sentiments that Marshall was bad news, I then said words to the effect of "but its not like this is a new relevation for me, when I heard (basically his name) I responded 'Pompous ass'" without even worrying about his condition, let alone who was at fault.

My comment was unrelated to who was or was not at fault in the incident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2011 11:20AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: April 23, 2011 01:16PM

Sad that I have to post here after months of not even accessing the website. Got to say this lockout thing has drained my football energy tremendously. Most unfortunate for BM and family. As informed, it seems he'll be back on his feet somewhere down the line of three months or so. The problem since the nature of the incident has to go to the Police investigation departments. I wonder what Mr. Roger G. eventually has to say about all this and what decision he will take. Not gonna make any judgment or comment on BM and his woman, but the fact is that he is the best WR we got right now. Remember this past season we had nothing going on offense, so blaming him is unnecessary. Talking now bout football hope the parts get into an agreement soon. So we can start celebrating.

Date: April 23, 2011 01:16PM

He is part of the team, you support him. I did not see any injuries on his wife or read about them in the police report, Schefter posted on twitter. Police officers are looking to arrest the male first in most domestic disputes. If Marshall, looked the slightest in the wrong, the police would not have hesitated to put him in cuffs in the hospital. They didnt and allowed him to go to the hospital on his own, not in an ambulance with someone else driving.
Having a thing for feisty wild women and emotional relationships is not a crime. It is not becoming and looks poorly on you, but, he seems to have over the top relationships. None of you guys growing up had friends, that always seemed to wind up with the dramatic women. Like that was how they felt wanted an needed when their women would be all crazy... He definetly has a pattern of crazy relationships, that sucks,
B Marhsall, is our guy, I dont think, what happened at least described in what I read, that Marshall, was charged with any crime what so ever and give us reason to jump ship.
Until I hear another story saying different, I got his back. Sorry if you guys want to abandon him.
I understand, from his past before he got to Miami, why people would hold things against him. At this point, I am not happy with what happen, but dont see any need to crucify him. The dude has enough of his own problems at the moment, support sounds a bit better idea IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2011 01:21PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 23, 2011 01:51PM

I have a stinky feeling this is gonna turn into Marshall starting the situation, and then he will have violated NFL Rules again and will be suspended.

I knew we shouldnt have got him when we did.

I just have a bad feeling about this.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 23, 2011 02:06PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> He is part of the team, you support him. I did not
> see any injuries on his wife or read about them in
> the police report, Schefter posted on twitter.
> Police officers are looking to arrest the male
> first in most domestic disputes. If Marshall,
> looked the slightest in the wrong, the police
> would not have hesitated to put him in cuffs in
> the hospital. They didnt and allowed him to go to
> the hospital on his own, not in an ambulance with
> someone else driving.
> Having a thing for feisty wild women and emotional
> relationships is not a crime. It is not becoming
> and looks poorly on you, but, he seems to have
> over the top relationships. None of you guys
> growing up had friends, that always seemed to wind
> up with the dramatic women. Like that was how they
> felt wanted an needed when their women would be
> all crazy... He definetly has a pattern of crazy
> relationships, that sucks,
> B Marhsall, is our guy, I dont think, what
> happened at least described in what I read, that
> Marshall, was charged with any crime what so ever
> and give us reason to jump ship.
> Until I hear another story saying different, I got
> his back. Sorry if you guys want to abandon him.
> I understand, from his past before he got to
> Miami, why people would hold things against him.
> At this point, I am not happy with what happen,
> but dont see any need to crucify him. The dude has
> enough of his own problems at the moment, support
> sounds a bit better idea IMHO.

RESPONSE: Go to Yahoo.com. Click on Sports. Click on Brandon Marshall is stabbed. Click on "Outside the Lines. Brandon Marshall's Past Troubles."

Listen to 13 minutes about his past girlfriend Watley.

Then tell me how much sympathy I should have for him.

I still don't know the facts, but off-hands I'd say "he met his match." He found some woman who was more violent than him.

He used knives on Watley and Nogami used a knife on him. Poetic Justice.

He's a pompous ass and we would do well to trade him.

Dolphacolyte, yes, he is the most TALENTED receiver we got but he is not the Best. Devon Bess is the best receiver we have. Marshall, on the balance, with all of his on the field antics, including costing us a game, is an overall negative.

And anyway, I don't care if the woman had no scratches on her, even if she was a complete evil and likes to slice men, I say (hearing the story on Watley) it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Date: April 23, 2011 02:11PM

Lets see what happens. Its not like the Merlin situation, where he was arrested for domestic battery. Marshall was charged with nothing. They choose to arrest his wife, he didnt want his wife arrested, and attempted to down play her crime.
I dont believe Marhsall will be charged with anything that violates the conduct policy, besides the fact that policy doesnt really exist because of the lockout, and is a legal nightmare for NFL to take IMO. Nothing happens to him, other then some talks with the Commisioner once the NFL is operating again, is what I would guess.
No charges will be brought against him, and he will refuse to testify against her, so the case will have a hard time IMO.

Date: April 23, 2011 02:12PM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: April 23, 2011 02:16PM

Date: April 23, 2011 03:16PM

Date: April 23, 2011 03:47PM

Dolfanmark-
Nope but I am pretty sure the cops, looked her over, and if they found wounds, they would have arrested him. If she said what you claimed she said he would have been taken into custody and or, he would have files charged against him, the fact that he was not arrested or charged with anything at this point, bodes well for him.
Lets see what happens, but I dont imagine much, maybe I am wrong.

Date: April 23, 2011 05:08PM

Hey, Crowder, ole buddy. You wouldn't live pretty long on the mean streets (and if you have its a wonder to me) if you wait until somebody actually gets a chance to inflict an injury on you before you act before that happens.

Now, I don't know the facts. I really don't care because this guy is such a jerk that if she wasn't prompted to act by a beating that night, maybe she had more sense than Watley and acted based on prior beatings.

As a prosecutor, I can tell you that as a victim, Marshall, is not going to be cuffed, absent, as you point out, proof, in terms of physical injuries, that the assailant was acting in self-defense that night.

I can also tell you that given the fact that she admitted stabbing him to the police, she's going to be "hooked up" even if she told them that he was threatening her life at the time.

Think about it, if you are an American cop, are you going to let go from the scene every acknowledged shooter or stabber simply because they ALSO SAID they acted in self defense?

No, you arrest first and let the attorneys sort it out.

As far as arresting him because of the scenario where she said that he had "swung and missed," you, the cop, have no proof of that either so as to arrest the victim at the hospital.

Nor, as a policeman, can you arrest him because she said, "He's assaulted me many times in the past."

The guy can't be arrested for other occasions that are provable only out of the mouth of an arrestee who acknowledges stabbing him.

So, sorry to disagree.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2011 06:32PM by ChyrenB.

Date: April 23, 2011 05:44PM

Why is he so angry? What is fueling this rage?
Why arnt we talking to family?

He is a angry person, that needs to find peace at mind...... But how when a man has everything do you get him to realize that?

Date: April 24, 2011 03:03AM

Chyren, no worries buddy, I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from.
I am not a fan of any man that raises his hand to a women, however, i am aware of many women that like to swing on their man. In my life I have never touched a women, but probably been swung and hit a few times by them.
You are right in that the fact, Marshall, had bad injuries, and the cops believe his wife to be the one who inflicted those injuires even if Marshall denied it.
I still think if she had any marks at all, she would have said, he inflicted these injuries on me, and in the practice of defedning myself from the injuries he was inflicting on me I stabbed him. But guess what, from everything I have read, that did not happen.
In fact it has been reported that Marshall has defensive wounds on his hands, as if he was trying to protect himself with his hands prior to taking the shot in the gut.
Being a prosecutor, you have to admit, it is not a good sign for his wifes self defense claims when Marshall has defensive knife wounds on his hands. That means she was the aggressor and he was trying to defend himself from her attack, not the other way around.
As I said before, I understand why people dont like him, based on the all that happened before Miami signed him, however I do not believe he has viloated our trust here in Miami, at this point. SO I have his back. if more information comes out, I reserve the right to change my opinion. But right now, he is a Dolphin, and having a hard time, so Marshall and his wife, will get some prayers from me, this weekend.

Date: April 24, 2011 04:04AM

Got to go with Crowder on this. Being an ass is not a crime in my book or the entire Jets Team would be in Prision. If more comes out that the stabbing was self defense , then so be it. Miami has made two blockbuster free agent deals so far that has back fired on them. Williams in 2002 and Marshall. Something to keep in mind for the furture. Draft picks are valuable. Go see what the Pats are doing in the first 3 rounds. They seem to be able to recognize a Rogue Superstar and cut him for a draft pick before it hurts the organization.

But at this point , you back branden and hope the support is something he appriciates and comes back stronger then ever. One thing about Brandon , it doesn't look like he's had much direction in his personal affairs his whole life. The Broncos dumped him like a hot Plate. Maybe miami can be that life changing force. look at what Bill Parcells did for Keyshawn Johnson. Some of these guys just need a hug. This is where we need Ricky Williams to help out.

Date: April 24, 2011 04:22AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> This is where we need Ricky
> Williams to help out.

The same Ricky Williams who said that Brandon Marshall is difficult to like?

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.