Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          this stuff is silly! tell me what u think?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
this stuff is silly! tell me what u think?
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 28, 2011 08:08PM

Hello everyone, I just want to put my 2 cents into all of this, i am sick of the cba, lockout, holdout whatever crap they call it. Sure everyone wants more money i get it, but here is my opinion, if you dont like what your getting paid get a new job?? I will be more than happy to hire any football player at my construction company and pay them 15.00 an hour right off the bat?? hmmmmmm few million short eh? just play the damn game or get different jobs. The owners are greedy as hell but they are the boos and have the cash soooooo go ahead ask for a raise if they say no then either walk or work, freakin simple.
Now that im done with that i honestly think Henne will be fine, yes robotic yes scared but who wouldn't be with that crap line and play calling?? the kid can throw the rock, contrary to belief he isn't stupid either. If we can get him help aka running game and speed on the outside he will be fine.. If they draft a qb my hope would be to take that kapaernik or however you spell it, unbelievable upside, arms and legs so i have no problem if they groom him. But please no carson palmer or for gods sake don't get that crybaby Mcnabb I live in NJ and have seen enough of him to last a lifetime. Sorry all for the rant!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: this stuff is silly! tell me what u think?
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 29, 2011 02:39AM

People should really learn the issues before they comment, the players arent asking for more money, the owners are. Kinda shoots down the whole first half of your post.

Date: March 29, 2011 03:24AM

Seems to me Bosses of Companies should be allowed to set what they want to pay people. The only right these players have is to either take it or leave. No different then anyone else. Can't make it on a million $$ a year? Use condoms, or buy only 1 Porsche instead of 3. The agents are getting more and more greedy making money off of their clients skin and bones. These guys make a Ton off of endorsments and other media as well as the NFL.

I'm willing to sacrafice the season to watch some of these clowns go broke.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 29, 2011 04:05AM

'People should really learn the issues before they comment'

this is the new America .. the dumber, louder and most uninformed jackass carries the most weight these days. No one cares that the owners
get a clear billion dollars out of the gate. 1 billion dollars for 32 guys, that they say they use to 'expand the game'. But they are crying they are losing money but are unwilling to open their ledgers. F'em.

and give me McNabb they guy has done more winning than any Phins qb in the past 10 years

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:07AM

The owners want a larger piece of the pie, however the pie (total NFL revenues) gets larger ever year. In other words, the company is profiting, and the ones owning the company want the additional profits. The players will get a smaller percentage of revenues; but if I am not mistaken (and I could be), they won't actually be getting less money than when they signed the last CBA.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:53AM

Quote:

"and give me McNabb they guy has done more winning than any Phins qb in the past 10 years"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Somewhere in that we should give some credit to Andy Reid. They guy is a QB genius. He makes every QB that plays for him look great.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:30AM

mizzou15 Wrote:

> and give me McNabb they guy has done more winning than any Phins qb in the past 10 years

RE: And this is precisely the reason I don't want to see him in a Phins uniform. He's old, over the hill, broken down, a shadow of himself, and is more of a liability than he's worth...JMO.

Date: March 29, 2011 06:31AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 'People should really learn the issues before they
> comment'
>
> this is the new America .. the dumber, louder and
> most uninformed jackass carries the most weight
> these days. No one cares that the owners
> get a clear billion dollars out of the gate. 1
> billion dollars for 32 guys, that they say they
> use to 'expand the game'. But they are crying they
> are losing money but are unwilling to open their
> ledgers. F'em.

The other thing people fail to realize, the owners not only want a larger piece of the pie (debatable on who's right or wrong on this issue) but when this all started they were asking the the players to play 2 extra games for a smaller chunk of the money. It appears the owners have backed off that stance now, but if the players just rolled over and let the owners walk all over them like some on here suggest they would be screwing themselves.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:58AM

well Dolphaholic and Mizzou15 thanks for your wonderful words towards me. The only point I'm trying to make is that the owners can do whatever they want as employers. The players are not paying to play the damn game, they owners are paying them, they have absolutely zero right to bitch how much the boss is making. They signed the contracts agreeing to get paid x amount of money, they chose this as a profession, so either play or freaking quit. If my guy came to me and said "boss you make a thousand dollars a week and you only pay me 400 thats not fair" i would tell him who the hell signs your check? and can his ass. Im not saying that i agree with the owners or think things are perfect of even fair, im just stating that they have a choice. You stated the players dont want more money? well what then do they want and why didnt they get a deal done?? they dont want the bosses to make more? ummm tough crap become an owner and then you have a leg to stand on. I am the first to admit i dont know what is going on with this thing. just seems to me that if your making 3 million a year and have your ass kissed by the world you should shut the hell up or go flip burgers. And you can keep mcslab that jackass cant do crap without a team. he didnt do much in washington did he? he is afraid to run since he broke his ankle, he is out of shape hell he cant even play the whole game without getting gassed and he is the damn qb!! in his prime he was awesome, so was cunningham lol, but seriously you think he can win down here with no running game, a suspect line and our wr??

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:38AM

fiedlerhater. Glad to see someone else here understands what an owner goes through.

However, hard to compare the NFL to the real world. Tough to have any sympathy for either side. I do think the owners are looking toward the future and what the game needs in the way of expenses and growth. So the money has to be there.
Funny how so many look at only the amount of investment or amount of profit and not the return on investment.
As each team is it's own entity, I see no reason for them to open their books completely. It's private.
Would you open your books to the union? Only publicly traded corporations are required to do that.

Date: March 29, 2011 09:25AM

Quote:

"fiedlerhater. Glad to see someone else here understands what an owner goes through."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Awww...poor baby waby owners. They have life so rough!

---------------------

Date: March 29, 2011 09:29AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Quote:
>
> "fiedlerhater. Glad to see someone else here
> understands what an owner goes through."
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Awww...poor baby waby owners. They have life so
> rough!

Until you become a business owner, you will not understand. Just fact.

Date: March 29, 2011 09:51AM

Lets all go to our employers today and demand more equal profit sharing. Hell they take all the risks, pay all the bills, but I want to demand more because I think I"M worth it!

Same concept. Except these are greedy ego driven people who were just lucky enough to be blessed with god given talents. How many of these Pro ball players own a buisness? I'd like to see how they would react if their employees did the same. My guess is they wouldn't have a job too long.

I have no doubt that if you look deeper into this you will find greedy agents pulling the strings.

Funny we never had these issues back in the 50's 60's 70's. These players really are full of themselves and really believe they are worth more then the out rageous sums they already get paid.

Ask them to look outside the park and see how the rest of us are leaving and maybe they will see how lucky they really are. These goddamn Tickets, Satilite TV packages, shirts and hats , they @#$%& add up. And most of us do it and get by on alot less.

By striking these players are telling me that they feel they are better then the rest of us. They are ENTITLED. Sorry no. Tweet a little less. Buy 1 less sportscar. Maybe cut down to 10 hand made suits in your closet thats the size of my den.

These players are pulling this crap as this country pulls out of its biggest economic downfall since the great depression. If they weren't so disconected and full of themselves they would see that.

Greedy Greedy SOB's. F'em. I hope the Owners stand tough and bring them to their knees. I really hope we see some forclosures of mansions and fire sales of SUV's and sportscars. Rolex pawnings.
The US economy needed to burst to give the public and the banking system a dose or reality, I hope the NFL players get the same.

The Slavery comment really showed the mentality of some of these self entitled poachers.

Date: March 29, 2011 10:16AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Quote:
> >
> > "fiedlerhater. Glad to see someone else here
> > understands what an owner goes through."
> >
> >
> > &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> > Awww...poor baby waby owners. They have life so
> > rough!
>
> Until you become a business owner, you will not
> understand. Just fact.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Sorry, Leon...I disagree. Just because I am not an owner doesnt mean I cant have an opinion.

I am also not a vegetarian, but should I not have an opinion about that as well!?

---------------------

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 29, 2011 10:24AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
I'd like to see how they would react if their employees did the same. My guess is they wouldn't have a job too long.

I wonder how the typical NFL player would react if their cook/gardener/maintenance man/pool boy/cleaning lady etc. asked for raises based on the player's total income.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 29, 2011 10:28AM

The players 'ARE' the nfl they are ones who fill the seats. Not one person is paying a dime to see the owners. This is not some jiffy lube or Mickeys D where I can go out and replace a chump in a day. My issue is w/ the portrayal of the playes that many folks have. Overpaid bums that spend there money on gold grills and crap.

Their sacrifice is what makes this game and as far as I am concerned they deserve their cut.

Date: March 29, 2011 10:33AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Leon In Denver Wrote:
> -----
> > Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Quote:
> > >
> > > "fiedlerhater. Glad to see someone else here
> > > understands what an owner goes through."
> > >
> > >
> > > &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> > > Awww...poor baby waby owners. They have life
> so
> > > rough!
> >
> > Until you become a business owner, you will not
> > understand. Just fact.
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Sorry, Leon...I disagree. Just because I am not an
> owner doesnt mean I cant have an opinion.
>
> I am also not a vegetarian, but should I not have
> an opinion about that as well!?

Never said you can't have an opinion. Just that you won't understand what a business owner goes through being an owner. That's my opinion.

Just as I don't understand what you go through as Airmen. I can only speculate based on my experience as an Airmen.

Date: March 29, 2011 10:51AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 29, 2011 11:22AM

Date: March 29, 2011 11:34AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> -----
>
> > By striking these players are telling me that
> they
> > feel they are better then the rest of us. They
> are
> > ENTITLED. Sorry no. Tweet a little less. Buy 1
> > less sportscar. Maybe cut down to 10 hand made
> > suits in your closet thats the size of my den.
>
>
>
> That statment in bold shows just how clueless you
> are as to whats going on.

You really get stuck on words huh? What would you call a group of people that ban together and refuse to work for more money and benifits?

Date: March 29, 2011 03:55PM

Are they striking?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 29, 2011 04:29PM

Hey, both sides are trying to get as much as they can get. The players are trying to get as much as they can in salary and the owners are trying to get as much as they can in bottom line profits.

There are no heroes. And since there are no heroes, there can be no villains.

One thing is for sure, the real likely losers will be those who pay ticket prices to see the product.

Date: March 29, 2011 05:13PM

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:16PM

personally im siding with the owners based first on the p.r. side, you hear the owners talking about wanting to get a deal done, but the players all you hear is A.P. calling the owners slave owners, and B.S. like that, furthermore, giving the owners a bigger chunk of that pie allows them to make upgrades/ improvements. I.E. Stadium upgrades (like new sound systems new seats, new roofs, better parking, removing dirt infields) or more entertainment, staff upgrades, better scouting, higher marketing, etc.

Its not like the owners are going to take all the money and pocket it. I believe they will use it for team upgrades.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:51PM

Date: March 29, 2011 07:52PM

smileys with beerthumbs upChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey, both sides are trying to get as much as they
> can get. The players are trying to get as much as
> they can in salary and the owners are trying to
> get as much as they can in bottom line profits.
>
> There are no heroes. And since there are no
> heroes, there can be no villains.
>
> One thing is for sure, the real likely losers will
> be those who pay ticket prices to see the product.

Maybe the first intelligent thing you ever said here.

Date: March 29, 2011 07:54PM

Date: March 29, 2011 07:58PM

Date: March 30, 2011 02:04AM

ghotirule Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> -----
> > Both sides are greedy bastards and i'm not real
> > sure how anyone can really choose which side to
> > hate more?
>
> I don't even see it that way.
>
> Both sides want something. The owners want a
> salary cap, which is understandable. The player
> want higher wages, who doesn't?
>
> Negotiations are never pretty. If you don't get
> this, then you probably overpaid for your car.

Maybe "hate" was too strong a word Ghoti, I guess i'm just a little surprised at how much love the owners are getting in this whole process, I would tend to agree to your below statement 100%

"Unless you have some financial interest in a football team (partner, stockholder, creditor) or some financial interest in a football player (agent, family member, hanger on), siding with anyone in this is utterly useless."

Date: March 30, 2011 02:58AM

I don't know if its that simple. The Owners have given in , they through a compromise on the table and the Players won't even budge.The Players better put on their compromising hats or they will be the Villians in all this. Kind of hard to feel sorry for a guy who can't make his Ferrari payment when Joe Ticket holder works OT to pay for his Kia.

The owners have a ton more money and can hang on alot longer. Thing is that it took baseball a while to come back after that last boycott. (Is that an acceptable term?) The NFL is hot right now and no season could co$t them.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.