HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Will Thigpen be released?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Will Thigpen be released?
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 29, 2011 03:06PM

Yeah come on guy's enough with the Newton, we are not going to draft him, and it is prob for the best. We will prob not draft a QB untill the mid rounds. Lets be honest look at who we have, and the coach ok just saying let's not kid ourselves please.

Look we will be ok just shore up the O-line, and let Thigpen take us to the playoffs. He can with protection like Chryn said.

Finaly good t osee somone else argue with others, and give me a well deserved break!drinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 29, 2011 04:23PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Look we will be ok just shore up the O-line, and
> let Thigpen take us to the playoffs. He can with
> protection like Chryn said.

RESPONSE: But let's be clear on what I said. I chose the Patriots because although I hate them, I think they have the most solid team in the NFL.

However, I don't think we can get that good in just one draft. I don't think we can get there by shoring up our O line only. We need to replace old running backs, get a speed receiver and a defense secondary that can catch EASY interceptions. It would also be nice to have a rusher to compliment Cameron Wake but that's getting greedy.

If we could be assured that by drafting O line we could get as good as the Patriots, I'd say forget drafting a RB OR QB and go for it. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Date: March 29, 2011 07:01PM

Yeah, we need the speed, which we will acquire in the draft at WR, Our secondary to me is just young, and well talented, but need's time to gell, and get into a rythem.

RB position well we have Korry Sheetz, who I don't know how he has recovered from his injury, but looked good, and pretty fast.

With Luck going next year, and with so little draft picks available this year, I just want to use what we got at the QB position, ride the pine, and get the best O-line we can build through the draft.

Moving Incognito to Center to me would be the most Ideal term for center, and drafting two solid Guards in the draft, and another solid tackle.

Doing that would really cement our O-line and would help out our entire offense ten fold in my eye's.

Adding a speed wr in the mid rounds maybe two would be icing on the cake for me in this draft, also nabbing another pass rushing LB in the later round's would be nice too, or early rounds, and get the O-line but I would want to trade out of the first round if possible, and acquire one to two second round picks, and another third.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:39PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Kinda sounds that way when you say it Jonathan but
> given the fact that most people who commit suicide
> do so out of mental health problems, they can be
> classified as victims.
>
> You've been away for awhile. There was a thread
> about Ex-Chicago Bear Dave Duerson committing
> suicide and the original poster called it a sad
> story. TreasureHighHorse, with all the critical
> analysis ability of a cricket, immediately jumped
> to the conclusion that Duerson and all persons who
> commmit suicide are "selfish."
>
> LOL. Like one would say about the father of
> eleven children who runs off to Tahiti with a
> hottie and takes all the family money with him.
>
> The guy is a .....well, I don't want to be like
> him.

Just trying to provide a little comic relief.

Date: March 29, 2011 07:46PM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > LOL. An archtypical response from you. No
> issue
> > discussion. Just insults. But then again, you
> > are the type of person who attacks suicide
> victims
> > and other people's mothers. So how much more
> can
> > I expect?
>
>
> Attacking suicide victims? Is this some kind of
> idiom like "beating a dead horse"?

LOL! Now this gentleman I like. smileys with beer

Date: March 29, 2011 08:04PM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> -----
> > Kinda sounds that way when you say it Jonathan
> but
> > given the fact that most people who commit
> suicide
> > do so out of mental health problems, they can
> be
> > classified as victims.
> >
> > You've been away for awhile. There was a
> thread
> > about Ex-Chicago Bear Dave Duerson committing
> > suicide and the original poster called it a sad
> > story. TreasureHighHorse, with all the
> critical
> > analysis ability of a cricket, immediately
> jumped
> > to the conclusion that Duerson and all persons
> who
> > commmit suicide are "selfish."
> >
> > LOL. Like one would say about the father of
> > eleven children who runs off to Tahiti with a
> > hottie and takes all the family money with him.
> >
> > The guy is a .....well, I don't want to be like
> > him.
>
>
> Just trying to provide a little comic relief.

And doing a fine Job!

Chyrene made a few Rash comments on that first post. I kinda beat his ass into the ground by explaining why I made every comment he has been whining about. This is like the 6th or 7th thread he mentions it.Seems like every thread ends with him trying to describe me as some awful monster. You seemed to have picked right up on it. I didn't realize at the time how badly I pushed old Chyrene's buttons. Stick around a bit and you will see. winking smiley

One thing is for sure, Chyrene is the Old definition of a bully and he is definitely intimadated by me. No doubt he will take this apart in usual fashion , sentence by sentence , using the Old RESPONSE: becuase he has to make a point of I think it would truly kill him. He will look for a spelling are to try and discredit me .........whatever. I'm amazed that people even exist that take this shit so seriously.

So Please keep up the comic relief. Its needed. People that do not take life so seriously and actually enjoy themselves a bit.

Get a Life Chyrene! My only conclusion is that you are wheel chair bound. Not to be mean and I do not wish that on anyone, but I can't figure out for the life of me why someone would be as hung up as you are on words on a screen and not be physically miserable. That has to be the reason. If there is another enlighten us.

Responsemoody smiley Please save us the time and just let it go. Get a life.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:06PM

Date: March 30, 2011 03:08AM

ghotirule Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> -----
> > > It is nice to find at least one person that takes
> this $#!+ more seriously than you....

Well to be honest I've reported more then a few of his posts and ignored even more. The above is just a honest assesment of the guy from my perspective in the hopes he can stop stalking me from thread to thread. Unless you guys enjoy reading our crap. I think he does enjoy it. I really don't.

Date: March 30, 2011 05:20AM

I felt the same way, he did the same to me too, but nothing ever happend, I was "the bad guy"?? When I just like having fun as you do.

I guess the older more "mature" a person is, they just automatically assume that the younger more playfull person is just a stupid prick, and well they might be right, I would much rather enjoy other reader's comments, then to rebuttle them every time.

Sometimes I feel like im the lone Dolphin fan stuck on a Jets forum fighting my way out in a dark tunnel, where the light at the end is so dim, and its a hell of a battle.

I just get tired of battlin, and would much rather drink some beer!!smileys with beer

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: March 30, 2011 06:00AM

No, I do not think Thigpen will be released.

Thigpen is:
-Experienced in the NFL.
-Experienced with the Miami Dolphins.
-Still young & healthy.
-Has talents (strong arm,can make something out of nothing,gutsy,has won in the NFL).
-Already on the roster.

If Henne does not pan out or gets injured Thigpen gives us the best chance at winning. Old vets are usually injury prone & new rookies usually need time.

Bottomline:If we are having a decent season this year and something happens with Henne Thigpen gives us the best chance to stay winning instead of chalking up the rest of the season.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 30, 2011 06:22AM

Thing about Thiggy is, while he has skills, he hasn't been a winner as an NFL QB. I think he's like 1-12 as a starter!

Date: March 30, 2011 07:23AM

Date: March 30, 2011 08:50AM

Yeah your right Ricky is very non confratational, and he mouthed off about Sparano. This is Sparano's fault bottom line drop's on him.

Thigpen I'm telling you everyone this guy has it, f.ck man its like Hey there is a train commin get off the tracks, and everyone is deaf!

Date: March 30, 2011 08:52AM

WHY CAN'T YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACOB TUCKER IS GOING TO WIN THE SLAM DUNK CONTEST!!!!

Tyler Thigpen HAS THE IT FACTOR, AND NEEDS A REAL CHANCE TO WIN WITH US!!!!!

Date: March 30, 2011 09:26AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Let him compete. Give him a healthy starting line
> and a running game with a few Targets. Let him get
> a rythm going instead of pressure from everywhere.
> I'm not saying He's gonna be Dan Marino, but he's
> gonna be alot better then Henne the Robot.
>
Blah...blah...blah. Heard it before. The difference between Thiggy and Henne was that Thiggy was willing to go against the OC and work out plays with Marshall. Henne follows a straight line. It IS coaching as you point out. I'm not convinced Thiggy would be any better than Henne.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 30, 2011 10:02AM

I don't see any upside to henne. I don't see him getting any better. I don't see him eliminating key interceptions. I was always supportive of him but after last year I have given up.

Pat white didn't last long. If Sparano is smart he will not invest much more time in henne.

If we ever get to camp....there needs to be a FAIR competition with the best three moving ahead. It is a hell of a lot harder to be successful of the bench than it is after taking all the first team snaps. I think TT is better than CH.

I hope we draft a qb in the first round and pick up a vet and end the henne fiasco. He is not the answer.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2011 10:04AM by eesti.

Date: March 30, 2011 10:52AM

montequi Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> -----
> > Let him compete. Give him a healthy starting
> line
> > and a running game with a few Targets. Let him
> get
> > a rythm going instead of pressure from
> everywhere.
> > I'm not saying He's gonna be Dan Marino, but
> he's
> > gonna be alot better then Henne the Robot.
> >
> Blah...blah...blah. Heard it before. The
> difference between Thiggy and Henne was that
> Thiggy was willing to go against the OC and work
> out plays with Marshall. Henne follows a straight
> line. It IS coaching as you point out. I'm not
> convinced Thiggy would be any better than Henne.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion. But what are you basing it on?
Henne has showed his colors in every avaialble scenario. Are you really going o base your speculation on Thiggy , by 1 game that had most of The starters injured?

Date: March 30, 2011 12:30PM

> montequi Wrote:
> -----
> > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Let him compete. Give him a healthy starting
> > line
> > > and a running game with a few Targets. Let
> him
> > get
> > > a rythm going instead of pressure from
> > everywhere.
> > > I'm not saying He's gonna be Dan Marino, but
> > he's
> > > gonna be alot better then Henne the Robot.
> > >
> > Blah...blah...blah. Heard it before. The
> > difference between Thiggy and Henne was that
> > Thiggy was willing to go against the OC and
> work
> > out plays with Marshall. Henne follows a
> straight
> > line. It IS coaching as you point out. I'm
> not
> > convinced Thiggy would be any better than
> Henne.
>
>
> Your certainly entitled to your opinion. But what
> are you basing it on?
> Henne has showed his colors in every avaialble
> scenario. Are you really going o base your
> speculation on Thiggy , by 1 game that had most of
> The starters injured?

I knew it!!! I knew I wasn the only smart crazy one on here!!!!! WHERE WERE YOU A YEAR AGO!!!smileys with beer

Date: March 30, 2011 02:40PM

Date: March 30, 2011 03:35PM

>
> Thiggy's CAREER record is 1-12!!! Henne's is
> 13-14.

He replaced 2 injured QB's and Thigpen's final statistics for the 2008 season included 21 total touchdowns, 12 interceptions, and 2,994 all-purpose yards. He lost 10 of the 11 games he started at quarterback, six of which were lost by margins of seven points or less.

THEN he was replaced again by Matt Castleback.

Henne was given the keys and Told he was the starter with a great defense backing him and giving him field posistion. Go get'em. He was surrounded by alot of great players and a GREAT defense. Are you going to compare the Chiefs of 2008-9 to the Dolphins? Thats a pathetic argument bro. Alot more to those career numbers and you know it.

Date: March 30, 2011 04:31PM

Exactly let him have the key's and I guarantee we would be over the .500 mark.

Guaranteed.

Date: March 30, 2011 06:45PM

Show me Thigpen is a winner and I'll reconsider. Show me ANY evidence that Thigpen can pull out a game in the clutch. Show me that Thigpen can lead the offense and inspire them to play as-good-as or better than they are. Great QBs do that. Pennington did that! Thigpen hasn't. He has NEVER done that in the NFL. You guys are lost in stats but you're ignoring the intangibles. Thigpen doesn't have them.

Henne had a tough year, but I saw leadership from him in 2009. I saw a QB that could win in the clutch.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT a Henne supporter. He's probably not our future at QB. Thiggy is definitely not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2011 06:47PM by montequi.

Date: March 30, 2011 06:54PM

montequi Wrote:
> Show me Thigpen is a winner and I'll reconsider.
> Show me ANY evidence that Thigpen can pull out a
> game in the clutch.

THAT'S JUST IT! I wish I could! I can't because he was NEVER given the chance. Footage does not exist of Thigpen The starter. Not Thigpen the replacement 3rd stringer, but Give him an honest go at it in camp. Let the Dolphins defense secure him some good field yardage for a change. Let him start to get a rhythm with his O line , with Brandon Marshall........who by the way PREFERS Thigpen . and I believe he knows a thing or two about getting flipped a a ball.

Date: March 30, 2011 08:55PM

AMEN preach the truth, to the non believers, make them believe!!!!

Date: March 31, 2011 02:35AM

Seriously....You can't always go by a winning record to evaluate a QB. Its a Team sport. Lets not treat Dan Marino as one of the best passers in the History of the sport then. He never won a Superbowl. Never did well in the playoffs. The man deserves a chance to compete.

You want to know what I really dig about Thigpen? He's unpredictable. Scares the shit out of Saprano. If our own head coach doesn't know what he's gonna do do you think defenses will? I am so sick of check down Henne. Its either going to be a 5 yd dump or a really bad handoff. I really hope they resign Both Ricky and Ronnie becuase I attribute the lack of a running game 80% to Henne. He gives it up everytime he walks to the line. I'm so sick of seeing a close up of his face looking at the sidelines with that dumb lookk and him pointing to his ear. Its so Fing boring.

If they can harness Thigpen and his energy , teach him to be just a hair more in control and read the field, we will have some defenses on their Toes. Exciting football......imagine that?

Date: March 31, 2011 05:25AM

> Seriously....You can't always go by a winning
> record to evaluate a QB. Its a Team sport. Lets
> not treat Dan Marino as one of the best passers in
> the History of the sport then. He never won a
> Superbowl. Never did well in the playoffs. The man
> deserves a chance to compete.
NEVER DID WELL IN THE PLAYOFFS?? What are YOU smoking? Marino played in 3 AFC Championship games and 1 Superbowl. How is that NEVER doing well in the playoffs??!! If I recall correctly, we had a winning record every year he played! Dude, you're digging a big hole by bringing up Marino.

> You want to know what I really dig about Thigpen?
> He's unpredictable. Scares the shit out of
> Saprano. If our own head coach doesn't know what
> he's gonna do do you think defenses will?

And this is a GOOD thing? A guy the coach can't trust? A guy who does whatever the hell he wants WHEN he wants? THAT'S what you want in a QB?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2011 05:25AM by montequi.

Date: March 31, 2011 06:35AM

Date: March 31, 2011 07:00AM

>
> And this is a GOOD thing? A guy the coach can't
> trust? A guy who does whatever the hell he wants
> WHEN he wants? THAT'S what you want in a QB?

Did you Try to read my whole post or just what you wanted to see?

What part of "Harness" his energy didn't you get? Right now we have him behind Door #3. We have already seen whats behind Door #1 and 2. Henne and Penny. A Robot and a broken Toy. Why not at least take a chance and see whats behind #3? Aren't you just a bit curious if not to just shut up the Thigpen crowd for good?

Date: March 31, 2011 07:11AM

I'm tired of excuses. We've made excuses for QBs over and over since Marino retired. I have yet to see that "IT" factor from Thiggy that Mia1 keeps talking about. Where are the last-minute game heroics to pull out a game? Where is the film of him rallying the troops for a game-winning drive? The guy was a 3rd string QB on a bad team in KC. I've been asking you guys to show me the evidence that he will be a winner going forward. You've shown NOTHING. NOTHING!!

Date: March 31, 2011 07:44AM

Give me this year, then you will have your evidence.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.