HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dez Bryant.......showing his butt in Dallas
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dez Bryant.......showing his butt in Dallas
Date: March 23, 2011 08:17AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dez Bryant.......showing his butt in Dallas
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 23, 2011 09:47AM

This is nothing. If he beats up his girlfriend or drives drunk, then I'll pay attention. This stuff is typical of a young immature kid who has never had a lot of money and is now an over-night millionaire. The Cowboys should definitely assign someone to provide guidance, but walking in a mall with your pants sagging is hardly Thug material.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 23, 2011 10:33AM

It aint the priest hood either my friend. I am so glad that he is not on our roster as well.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 23, 2011 11:04AM

The article indicated that it may have been others in Dez's entourage that sported the 'available prison-b____ " trouser style, not Dez himself.

It's bad enough when celebrities including athletes think their own doo-doo doesn't think, and they can get away with acting that way (because unfortunately, they usually *can*). But when their buddies start acting like *they're* the celebrities, this is what happens. If I were a famous athlete I'm afraid I'd have to ditch all my friends until I retired (lol...behold the blessings of poverty!)

To me, what was more indicative of his potential (or lack thereof) was this part of the article:

"There also have been reports that Bryant didn't know the playbook, has been late to team meetings and even fell asleep in some meetings"

We made the right non-choice on him for sure.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 09:42AM

I agree with Dez on this one, it is a nonstory. Young hip hop culture, like to wear their pants like that, it is a style or fashion statement. WHo are we to tell somebody how to dress in their own time. I understand why people dont like it, but that is kinda of why hip hop culture does it. It is a message to bother people that it bothers, so asking them to pull them up, only encourages it. The message is for society that doesnt understand or respect their style, to kiss their ass. lol....
Who cares it is a young rebelious thing, I am sure everyone on this site has done something young and rebelious at some point in life.
DOnt crucify a kid for wearing a certain clothes, just like Henne dancing with the ballons, it was at a show where you eat dinner at different points of the night during the show they bring a line of people up and do funny stuff like the ballon in the shirt portraying a Bahama mama. Him being all over the press for it is stupid, and a non story, If he would have refused to go on stage and participate at the dinner show would have been more stuck up.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 24, 2011 10:06AM

Straggly hair, Pierced eyebrows, tongs and what-not, tattoos all over, crazy looking close, and just plan dirt I might not like but I leave it alone. It's for them and I just don't care.
But waring ones pants down past their ass and exposing their crack is going to far and that is just plane fact.
Dez is an ass hole to associate with them but no doubt he thinks it's cool. I figure about another year and he will be in some sort of trouble again.
I'm glad he is not on our team, not that we are perfect.

Date: March 24, 2011 10:36AM

The style doesn't show their butt cracks, they wear underwear. It is no big deal, kids being kids, each generations pushes the limits a little farther. Dont let it bother you. A kid isnt a bad kid just because he wears his pants sagging style. Are their bad kids that do it,yes, but just doing it doesnt make them bad. It is like the greasers or the beetnicks, or hippies, dressing against society.

Date: March 24, 2011 10:44AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHo are we to tell somebody how to dress in their own
> time.

The argument of the mall is, not an issue of how to dress on 'their own time' but on someone else's private property. They are arguing that they can set a rules such as a dress code on their property and enforce them. Just like they can say "no smoking" they believe they can also say, "no exposed butt-crack".

My question is, when the plumber goes to that mall to fix the bathroom, do they kick HIM out too when he squats at the sink trap and exposes HIS butt crack?

*if Dez's friends...and the plumber....didn't expose their actual butt cracks, but instead exposed their Boxers/BVDs/Man-kini-thongs, the same concept applies...is a dress code enforceable on private property?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 10:46AM by JC.

Date: March 24, 2011 10:50AM

*if Dez's friends...and the plumber....didn't expose their actual butt cracks, but instead exposed their Boxers/BVDs/Man-kini-thongs, the same concept applies...is a dress code enforceable on private property?

Answer? Yes.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 24, 2011 10:58AM

Date: March 24, 2011 11:15AM

Thanks Counselor.

Do you happen to know if there is any variance in state law (i.e., is Texas more/less lax with private property laws than other states)?

Date: March 24, 2011 11:21AM

ChyrenB
I did not miss the point. I know exactly what he is talking about. My point is that exposing butt flesh or underwear in a private place, or public for that matter, is going to far. A dress code in a private place can be enforced.
In a public place it is debatable. Is it "indecent exposure?" In today's society probably not.

Back in the day of the Hippy, it was women going without a bra. At the airport we use to call them "Code 2s". The anouncement would be something like, "Code 2 at gate 36". All the guys would keep an eye out for her.
What would happen it today's society? Hell we loved it. But I really don't like looking at some guy's underwear.

Date: March 24, 2011 12:54PM

with all of the problems in society, focusing and attacking the youth because of freedom of expression, just seems out of line. More out of line then a guys boxers showing. Any private establishment has a right to enforce a dress code, I just think it is fruitless. They let some guy walk around in spandex shorts, is nothing worse then pants sagging. But spandex biker shorts are accepted, then this is cultural and IMO discrimatory. The message is what people dont like not the dress code, the message is punk, an FU to society, every generation does it when they are youth.
Girls wearing dresses above the knees were considered obscene, no bras, they way Elvis shook his hips, etc.
DO I particularly like the style, no, Do I understand it, I'd like to thinks so. IS it a big deal, I guess if you want it to be, but if you say it is obscene, you cant think it is any more obscene then some of the other outfits you might see men and women walking around the mall in. I dont think you can fairly draw the line in the sand on this issue with males in the hip hop culture and let everybody else slide on just as indecent exposure. Can you?

Date: March 24, 2011 12:59PM

Date: March 24, 2011 03:01PM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 09:08PM

It looks stupid, and anyone who wear's there pants like that, have insecurity issues.

Never liked it, and never will. I also agree that stuff like spandex, mini skirts, well all men love em, but on teen girls should be harshed on too.

Also EXTREMELY TIGHT jeans should well you get the point.

A little loseness is ok but 3 4 inch's down with a belt, or pulled up by some pliers tight is just stupid, and the person needs a big wake the f.ck up and be a man already.

JMHO.

I perfere to wear my white Tee's, and a comfortable set of jeans.

On the occasion I even wear my .40 cal on my hip, just because I can "open carry state"!!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 24, 2011 09:10PM

Now that's how you look cool, wear your piece, unless you live a stupid state that doesnt allow you to carry in public.

Date: March 25, 2011 03:45AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> It looks stupid, and anyone who wear's there pants
> like that, have insecurity issues.
>
> On the occasion I even wear my .40 cal on my hip,
> just because I can "open carry state"!!

I find it odd that you characterize wearing saggy pants to people with insecurity issues and not to those who carry a .40 caliber openly on ones hips in public.
I always thought it was guys who felt insecure about their little partners felt the need to overcompensate by carrying and flashing guns in public...... Shows you what I know? All along it was the saggy pants crowd...lol... ( sorry but that was a slow pitch). Now if the saggy pants guy was carrying, then we are on the same page....lol

Date: March 25, 2011 08:34AM

You are a Professional . You represent a professional organization. Just act like it or Fing LEAVE. Its that simple. What a douche. But in his defense what do you expect from a guy with a crackhead whore for a mom?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 25, 2011 08:40AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> You are a Professional . You represent a
> professional organization. Just act like it or
> Fing LEAVE. Its that simple. What a douche. But
> in his defense what do you expect from a guy with
> a crackhead whore for a mom?

That's low, seriously. If you really feel this way, then you might as well throw out 1/4 of the rookies every year.

Date: March 25, 2011 10:15AM

Date: March 25, 2011 11:14AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> You are a Professional . You represent a
> professional organization. Just act like it or
> Fing LEAVE. Its that simple. What a douche. But
> in his defense what do you expect from a guy with
> a crackhead whore for a mom?

What happens if I dont like the way you dress in public, on your own time. and you are deshaming an organization you represent by my standards. Are you a "douche" also. Who determines exactly what is acceptable attire for ones organization, is it each person that holds judgement on the person they are viewing? SO acceptability will vary from person to person and you will never please everybody.

Overjudging personal attire is a joke, you want to judge a book by its cover? you are just being supericial, and will easily be mislead from my experience. I have found some of the most talented and honest business guys are not neccesarily the ones that wear suits and over dress all the time. Flash is a distraction, another sign of overcompensation for something to hide. People that are honest and talented are just that, they dont need the suit and tie to sell you, their character, reputation, and personality is what matters. I am not saying that everybody in suit is this way, I am just trying to say judge a man by his action not his clothes.
Dez doesnt have the best rep, so I understand why people want to attack him, but to go after a guy's momma, calling her a crackhead whore, doesnt do much for ones interpretation of your character IMO. But I bet your clothes are nice.....
Why attack these people on here in this way who cant at least defend themselves? You got some great football knowledge, why even go there with this stuff?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 25, 2011 12:52PM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
>
> Back in the day of the Hippy, it was women going
> without a bra. At the airport we use to call them
> "Code 2s". The anouncement would be something
> like, "Code 2 at gate 36". All the guys would keep
> an eye out for her.

that's hilarious!

Date: March 25, 2011 12:58PM

Date: March 25, 2011 01:11PM

Treasurecoastphinfan,
Good response. You're okay with me.thumbs up

Date: March 25, 2011 02:43PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > You are a Professional . You represent a
> > > professional organization. Just act like it
> or
> > > Fing LEAVE. Its that simple. What a douche.
>
> > But
> > > in his defense what do you expect from a guy
> > with
> > > a crackhead whore for a mom?
> >
> > That's low, seriously. If you really feel this
> > way, then you might as well throw out 1/4 of
> the
> > rookies every year.
>
>
> RESPONSE: Montequi, is it any different from the
> attitude he adopted toward another football player
> in a tragic circumstance?
>
> But be careful to only designate his opinion as
> low, because if you say he himself is low, he'll
> start whining that you are attacking him
> personally.
>
> In his view, attacking the NFL players is legit
> but attacking him for attacking them is off limits
> and is beLOW the belt.

Chyrene turning this personal ? Stick to the FACTS. She was a crakhead but she was also a DEALER. Its documented fact. Why is it off limits to be asked about it? Becuase your Better then that? Then he needs to act like it. But guess what? You can take a Piece of Crap and polish or paint it, but it will always be a Piece of Crap. Irlend asked the right question that day and got his answer. I applaud him for that.

Turning this into a personal attack on me is kinda low bro. I thought we left that on the Duerson thread. Then I again thought we left it on the Ingram thread. You have issues. You have a gang mentality and don't seem to be intelligent enough to discuss anything at length without getting angry and personal.

We might not have an NFL season this year. if so its going to be a long off season if you can't get a grip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 03:15PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: March 25, 2011 03:19PM

Date: March 25, 2011 03:31PM

Date: March 25, 2011 07:13PM

They both made the same point against you I made in the Duerson thread. Nobody is attempting to recruit allies. I don't have to. They expressed their opinion that you were hitting below the belt and I reminded them of what you did on the Duerson thread.

Nobody is trying to "gang mentality" you.

BTW, I noticed you have conveniently failed to mention, in your last post, any response to the only criticism I made which is your famous tactic of attacking football players personally and then crying when someone attacks you for attacking them.

Instead, your whole post focuses on the fact that I used the names Crowder and Montequi.

You are one funny dude. Except for your use of the smileys, you really have nothing to say.

Date: March 25, 2011 07:41PM

By the way, I did discuss your original point about the Sagging pants without any personal reference to you but only in an explanatory mode.

If you go back and track the thread, you only ran into trouble when, instead of talking about the man's clothing, you took out after his mother. It seems that at some point you got frustrated and just "went off" on the man, his mother and everything about him. To remind you, you posted, "What a douche. But in his defense what do you expect from a guy with a crackhead whore for a mom?"

Even then I sat back while others tried to correct you. So it's not like I am waiting for you to post anything and then jump on you.

You are your own worst enemy.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.