HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jared Odrick......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jared Odrick......
Date: March 07, 2011 07:13AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jared Odrick......
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 07, 2011 07:24AM

It's amazing how medicine has progressed. For someone of his size, his feet take a beating. On the other hand, Zdrunas Ilgauskas had foot problems and managed to come back and have a decent career. Big-Z is 7'3" and plays a game where his foot is CONSTANTLY absorbing impact (more-so than playing on grass in the NFL). I don't anticipate a problem with Odrick, as long as he sees good doctors. He may end up with pins in his feet, but as a DE it shouldn't be that big of an issue to his play.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 07, 2011 07:24AM

till he gets hurt again no reason not to expect good things from him. he was a good player in college and by all acounts was expected to go 10 or so picks higher than we got him. He made only 1 tackle last year but I remember it---behind the line vs the bills. He looked good when in there.

a better question---would you trade him for a mid-range second round pick?

Date: March 07, 2011 07:25AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a better question---would you trade him for a
> mid-range second round pick?

NO!!! I'd trade Starks before Odrick.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 07, 2011 08:35AM

I wouldn't trade him...far too much upside for that. I think he'll be just fine when and if we have a next season.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 07, 2011 09:29AM

Big Dudes who shatter like cheap porcelain toilets are an Ireland specialty.

Jeffy loves BIG on clearance and is willing to shop at Marshalls as long as he can find a toilet someone else “missed” or one hidden behind an overstock of shower curtains.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 07, 2011 10:56AM

montequi Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a better question---would you trade him for a
> > mid-range second round pick?
>
> NO!!! I'd trade Starks before Odrick.

HECK YES!!! In a second for a 2nd. MID-RANGE 2nd theres a ton of TALENT like C/G WEISNIsKI or a RB RYAN WILLIAMS

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 07, 2011 12:59PM

he just needs to drink more milk and get more sun, he'll be fine.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 07, 2011 02:20PM

Exactly now he is Fla, the sun shall help them all.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 09, 2011 03:52AM

WE SHOULD'VE TAKEN moody smiley JHAVID BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry smiley

Date: March 09, 2011 05:07AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> WE SHOULD'VE TAKEN moody smiley JHAVID BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> angry smiley

Shoulda woulda coulda.....we can't fret over this. I mean, we really SHOULD HAVE taken Drew Brees when we had a chance...but so much for that.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 09, 2011 06:08AM

Should have taken Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown. End of story.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 09, 2011 06:57AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 09, 2011 09:23AM

Hindsight is 20-20. Aaron Rodgers looks like a good pick this year for the first time but given the production we have gotten out of Ronnie Brown IN THOSE YEARS BEFORE THIS YEAR, anybody else would have called us stupid for those years.

Now if you say (assuming hypothetically) we should have taken Aaron Rodgers over Chad Henne (had we that choice) then I, the biggest Henne supporter on the board, WOULD AGREE! But even that would be with 20/20 hindsight because I was against Rodgers from the start.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 09, 2011 09:53AM

I am not so sure about that Bob, Aaron was real good last year and definately had already proved himself to be their franchise QB, probably the year before that.

We would pray for that right now.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 09, 2011 09:53AM

Date: March 09, 2011 11:16AM

I always thought taking Brown at #2 was odd since he did not even start ON HIS OWN TEAM!

But in truth that draft was one of the weakest in history. We wanted to trade down but no one wanted the pick. The knock on Rogers was he was a product of Ted Tedford and all of his QBs bombed big time in the pros. It could have been worse, we could have taken Cadillac Williams or someone. At least we got something worthwhile out of Brown.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 09, 2011 11:23AM

Was Rodgers the guy who dropped so far in the draft because people thought he had an awkward throwing motion, or am I thinking of the wrong guy?

Date: March 09, 2011 11:56AM

Date: March 09, 2011 04:22PM

Date: March 09, 2011 04:33PM

the only time Brown ever looked like a special back was in the horrible CamMoron year of 2007, and then be blew out his knee against the Pats. BEfore and after, he's nothing special, and always hurt.

Date: March 09, 2011 05:42PM

I disagree. He shown flashes of eliteness during the several years particularly when he is healthy. We already addressed the "always hurt" part. As I said, by that and that alone, yeah, it was a bad pick so we were talking otherwise than injury. When you say, "nothing special," yeah, he was no OJ Simpson, Jim Brown, or Barry Sanders but, when healthy, he is one of the elite runners of our day, but his day has past.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 09, 2011 06:00PM

I hate second guessing draft picks, especially the Brown pick because he was taken in a very weak draft. Trading down would have been great, but the fact is that no team wanted the top few picks in 2005.

As for Brown's abilities, I would agree that he was one of the elite runners in the NFL... for 4 games in 2007 Brown was elite. tongue sticking out smiley Other than that, not so much. If he had stayed healthy, he may have been a great RB, but we will never know.

The elite runners of our day have been LT, AP, Chris Johnson and MJD. If there is a 5th guy, it is Steven Jackson. After that, there are probably another half dozen (or more) guys that are ahead of Brown: Thomas Jones, Gore, Turner, Charles, Rice and Mendenhall.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: March 10, 2011 07:36AM

Date: March 10, 2011 07:52AM

if you are a RB taken # 2 over all, the expectation is you are hall of fame worthy, or at least a perennerial pro bowler and 1000 yd rusher. Brown fell far short of that (only looking like a pro bowler in 2007 pre-injury) so by that standard he career is a disappoinment. compared to cadillac williams, he's OK.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: March 10, 2011 12:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.